Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where the Bloody hell are you all?

Wikiposts

Where the Bloody hell are you all?

Old May 18th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where the Bloody hell are you all?

Originally Posted by gedge
Ok, I said I would, so I will try my best...

Imagine that I am the sun
You are the earth
Hels is the moon

You are spinning in circles. You also revolve around me, and look up to me.
Hels spins around you in her own orbit. She is not particularly bright and must reflect my light to be seen.

Day time you are facing me.
Night time you are facing away.

Hels uses the loony (lunar) calender to predict where she may be each day in relation to you and me.
Sometimes she will be in front of you. If you are facing away from me at the time (night time) Hels will see me, in which case you'll see a full moon.
Other times she'll be behind you, and you'll think she's be banned again.

Hope that helps.
So - Am I seeing the moon from behind then in the morning and the peeps in the Uk seeing it from the front?
Old May 18th 2006, 4:28 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sasbear
So - Am I seeing the moon from behind then in the morning and the peeps in the Uk seeing it from the front?
You wake up and see me in the morning (there's room for a dig there Hels).
If you see Hels too, that means she's somewhere between us.
Very few people have seen her from behind, maybe an astronaut.
Old May 18th 2006, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You wake up and see me in the morning (there's room for a dig there Hels).
If you see Hels too, that means she's somewhere between us.
Very few people have seen her from behind, maybe an astronaut.

Nope, no digs!! That would be FAR too predictable...

Instead, I shall bid ye farewell...I am off to Melbourne for a shopping/girly weekend!!
Old May 18th 2006, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels

Instead, I shall bid ye farewell...I am off to Melbourne for a shopping/girly weekend!!
Have a great time hels -

I will have to draw diagrams - that is my method of learning - so this may take some time....

You see maybe I am thick - i just get so confused when someone starts explaining scientific things - must be a mental block due to the crap teacher we had. Loved maths, English, history, etc just science - my sister on the other hand has phd in science - but she is absolutely useless at explaining things on a level of professor to thicko sis
Old May 18th 2006, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Hels

What? No come backs?

Have a good weekend Mrs Moon.
Old May 18th 2006, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

What? No come backs?

Have a good weekend Mrs Moon.

Thanks Mr Puppet

See ya Sas...hope you sort it out soon
Old May 18th 2006, 4:44 pm

Have a great time hels -

I will have to draw diagrams - that is my method of learning - so this may take some time....

You see maybe I am thick - i just get so confused when someone starts explaining scientific things - must be a mental block due to the crap teacher we had. Loved maths, English, history, etc just science - my sister on the other hand has phd in science - but she is absolutely useless at explaining things on a level of professor to thicko sis
How can you not understand my simple explanation?
I’ll try and get us some outfits and we can act it out next week.
I look good in yellow.
Old May 18th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

How can you not understand my simple explanation?
I’ll try and get us some outfits and we can act it out next week.
I look good in yellow.
Ok - now that is more like it - I have to see things rather than be talked at or read - usually I read and things make sense - but I have this block - as I explained - so i need the visual aid - wonder if there is something on the Net that could show me as in diagram wise?
Old May 18th 2006, 4:55 pm

Ok - now that is more like it - I have to see things rather than be talked at or read - usually I read and things make sense - but I have this block - as I explained - so i need the visual aid - wonder if there is something on the Net that could show me as in diagram wise?
While I find some cardboard boxes and sticky back tape, have a look at these great explanations:
all you need to know about the moon
all you need to know about lunar phases
Old May 18th 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

While I find some cardboard boxes and sticky back tape, have a look at these great explanations:
all you need to know about the moon
all you need to know about lunar phases
Gee - nice one - 2nd one I mean - no matter how many times you lead a horse to wa....ah forget it - anyhow the diagram helps and I thiink I understand
Old May 18th 2006, 5:13 pm

Gee - nice one - 2nd one I mean - no matter how many times you lead a horse to wa....ah forget it - anyhow the diagram helps and I thiink I understand
Personally I thought the first one was more accurate.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i really worry about u
if your asking gedge for help :scared:

you need help lassie

ps. now u can stop pretending that u know what he was talking abut just to shut him up
Old May 18th 2006, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
i really worry about u
if your asking gedge for help :scared:

you need help lassie

ps. now u can stop pretending that u know what he was talking abut just to shut him up
ah, soapy the fountain of knowledge!
can you tell me how girls' minds work?
Old May 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this the Gedge, Sasbear and Hel's show?
Old May 18th 2006, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Is this the Gedge, Sasbear and Hel's show?

Very entertaing is their going to bea matinee performance
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.