Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When is he going to get a break!!!

When is he going to get a break!!!

Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: When is he going to get a break!!!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I've seen a couple of shops here in Ocean Keys in Clarkson with help wanted signs in the windows. It's only a short bus ride straight up Marmion for him if he gets something here. Maybe he could also take a ride into Joondalup with a stack of resumes and hit all the shops in Lakeside.

My daughter is 13 so too young for anyone to hire her, so she is looking to start her own dog walking business after school. Maybe he could do something like that, or lawn cutting. Starting his own business would be an excellent learning experience for him.
Thanks again!!!! Will take a handful of resumes up there on Friday!!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:38 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My youngest son, has been trying to find a part-time job for over 4 months now, but to no avail.
He has applied on-line to Bunnings, Coles/Myers, Woolworths, handed his reume into IGA, Ed Harry, the new health shop at Kinross, but still no luck.
Really cant understand it, He really is a good kid (as Mrsperthforme and Nickyjohnt will confirm). He has an excellent referance from his previous form tutor, a copy of which he always attaches to his resume, and is a grade A student.
What the boodyhell has he got to do to get a chance to prove himself???
I wouldn't give him a job have you seen his parents
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Carolyn Robertson will become famous soon enough

My youngest son, has been trying to find a part-time job for over 4 months now, but to no avail.
He has applied on-line to Bunnings, Coles/Myers, Woolworths, handed his reume into IGA, Ed Harry, the new health shop at Kinross, but still no luck.
Really cant understand it, He really is a good kid (as Mrsperthforme and Nickyjohnt will confirm). He has an excellent referance from his previous form tutor, a copy of which he always attaches to his resume, and is a grade A student.
Hi,

I am responding from the HR Dept of Bunnings Group Ltd. All website applications that we recieve are forwarded to the relevant stores for them to handle. All team members applications are dealt with at store level and held on file for 3 months. If suitable vacancies arise then the applicants are contacted to attend a group screening. Lack of experience is no barrier with Bunnings. We look for people with a great attitude, happy disposition and eagerness to learn.

If you would like to forward me your sons resume or a covering letter telling us about himself I will follow it up with the store he applied to.
You can email it to [email protected].
I look forward to hearing from you.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carolyn Robertson
Hi,

I am responding from the HR Dept of Bunnings Group Ltd. All website applications that we recieve are forwarded to the relevant stores for them to handle. All team members applications are dealt with at store level and held on file for 3 months. If suitable vacancies arise then the applicants are contacted to attend a group screening. Lack of experience is no barrier with Bunnings. We look for people with a great attitude, happy disposition and eagerness to learn.

If you would like to forward me your sons resume or a covering letter telling us about himself I will follow it up with the store he applied to.

Aw! That's really good of you
Old Aug 16th 2007, 4:58 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Are you the Scottish lady who interviewed my husband ?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

He's probably too good. Most of the teenagers working in shops and fast food outlets seem virtually braindead, show no motivation and have zero courtesy. A flatty upside the head would be a great motivator.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:41 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I noticed in your previous thread you work at Whitfords, I do too. Have you noticed that almost every second shop, business, cafe etc there have a sign on their window for part time etc staff wanted? Might be worth trying to drop some CVs there as well? We get customers from all stores in the shopping centre at my work and they are always, without fail, saying how they don't get anyone applying for the jobs and simply can't find staff.

Teza
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:49 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sandra mate...not got anything good to offer but I hope Jake gets himself a job soon....he's a really good lad and any employer would be lucky to have him...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teza
Hi there,

I noticed in your previous thread you work at Whitfords, I do too. Have you noticed that almost every second shop, business, cafe etc there have a sign on their window for part time etc staff wanted? Might be worth trying to drop some CVs there as well? We get customers from all stores in the shopping centre at my work and they are always, without fail, saying how they don't get anyone applying for the jobs and simply can't find staff.

Teza
Where abouts in Whitfords are you?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Wow!!! Many Thanks for that, have emailed his resume!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
I wouldn't give him a job have you seen his parents

You cheeky mare!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by artep
Hey Sandra mate...not got anything good to offer but I hope Jake gets himself a job soon....he's a really good lad and any employer would be lucky to have him...
You're right there!! He is such a lovely kid. Had a bit of a hard time as well. Just wish someone will give him that break. He is so quiet at home, we hardly know he is here!!! Toby has more or less moved out now!!:
Just little ole jake!! Hows things your end!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 1:30 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Where abouts in Whitfords are you?
Coffee Club
Old Aug 18th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by teza
Coffee Club
I am at The "old Ladies Shop'...... Millers!!!
Old Aug 18th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I am at The "old Ladies Shop'...... Millers!!!
It could be worse Sandra , could be picking mushrooms with me & Hayley

Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.