Wheelie Bin Rage

Old May 17th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Wheelie Bin Rage

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Ah I see, and I've just noticed your location so this'll be Warringah Council we're talking about?

Yes, they are quite a strict council. Tried to fine us for having bricks on what they call the nature strip while we were doing our landscaping. $1500 please.
Old May 17th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Molko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the roughMolko1974 is a jewel in the rough

I remember just leaving black sacks in the street in the UK and if the rubbish men thought they looked suspicious they would rip them open and then leave them behind. Even if garden waste was in a green sack they wouldn't take it, had to be the councils green sack which were very expensive.

We do have to pay for the bins, its all part of our council rates. If you go for bigger bins you pay more.

It is hard when you have a bigger family as the red bins are so small but you can pay extra to get another bin. I was also p*ssed off as they put their rubbish in our bin lose. Some of it was in carrier bags but they obviously didn't have enough bags. It certainly makes you recycle more having such a small red bin.
Old May 17th 2011, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I get sick of the dogwalkers who throw shit into my newly emptied bin during the daytime hours it sits on the strip before I get home from work. Stinks the place out, especially in the summer.
Old May 18th 2011, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I get sick of the dogwalkers who throw shit into my newly emptied bin during the daytime hours it sits on the strip before I get home from work. Stinks the place out, especially in the summer.
Theres no need for that... I haven't come across any park yet that doesnt have a doggie waste bin... People can be bloody inconsiderate
Old May 19th 2011, 1:06 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

We have a family up our street that consistently leave their bins out for days on end, throw any and all types of crap on their nature strip expecting someone to take it away. I never realy noticed at first but husbands bin rage gets to him every time they leave stuff out he rants for ages about it when we drive by. Around us we all share when possible green bins and glass and plastic when someone has had a party etc. I am with the original poster bin rage would get to my other half if someone started using our bin especially with unwrapped waste.

And in all seriousness I think he would start talking the bin in - if not into the living room at least up to the door so he could ctach them at it and have a rant
Old May 21st 2011, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Wheelie Bin Rage

Originally Posted by Molko1974
I have wheelie bin rage. Our new neighbours opposite moved in a few weeks ago and still don’t have their bins. Is this because they haven’t paid the council rates so can’t get their bins delivered as its’ a new house? I’m getting really annoyed with them sneaking their rubbish in our bins so there is no room for our rubbish. They haven’t even introduced themselves and wouldn’t mind if they asked. They sneaked some rubbish in the neighbours bin also.
That happened to me once and since then I have never put my bins out overnight - I always do it the morning the bin man's due.
Old May 21st 2011, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sammax
That happened to me once and since then I have never put my bins out overnight - I always do it the morning the bin man's due.

I have been putting them out in the morning now but they still put their rubbish in, they just wait until the morning also.

Phoned the council who weren't interested. They said that they could be paying lower council rates which means they may never order their bins as they would have to pay more so they can continue to put rubbish in our bins.
Old May 21st 2011, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Yes, they are quite a strict council. Tried to fine us for having bricks on what they call the nature strip while we were doing our landscaping. $1500 please.
Yay! I used to live at Beacon Hill, I'm at Allambie Heights now
Old May 21st 2011, 8:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

We have the new automated ones whereby the lid is only released electronically when the truck is outside at pick up time.

It's a new QLD government flood initiative to stop rubbish contaminating flood water.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 21st 2011 at 8:25 am.
Old May 21st 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
We have the new automated ones whereby the lid is only released electronically when the truck is outside at pick up time.

It's a new QLD government flood initiative to stop rubbish contaminating flood water.

I like the sound of those. So how do you put your rubbish in your bin. How do you open the lid.
Old May 21st 2011, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I like the sound of those. So how do you put your rubbish in your bin. How do you open the lid.
It's linked to your car/garage fob.

Just kidding & teasing. Forgive me.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 21st 2011 at 9:47 am.
Old May 21st 2011, 11:58 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

You have to wait until the rubbish truck arrives. Then you can open the lid and put the rubbish in the bin.
Old May 21st 2011, 12:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been putting them out in the morning now but they still put their rubbish in, they just wait until the morning also.

Phoned the council who weren't interested. They said that they could be paying lower council rates which means they may never order their bins as they would have to pay more so they can continue to put rubbish in our bins.
Then Im afraid I would go round and tell them to stop and offer to do a charity collection, bearing in mind 'they are so poor', to buy their very own bin.

That would bloody annoy me big time, if they dont have a bin then that is their problem, What time do your bins get emptied - is anyone at home on that day? Because catching them in the act is the way to go.

If someone asked me if they could put a bit of rubbish in, then fine but if they do it behind my back and I know who has done it, I will put the frigging rubbish back in their garden along with some of the dead mice I trap and kill occasionally.

Last edited by Cheetah7; May 21st 2011 at 12:06 pm.