Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite beer?

What's your favourite beer?

Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default What's your favourite beer?

I've became such a 'beer monster'!! Used to hate the smell of the stuff never mind the taste, but now love a nice cold beer and don't mind what brand!! I usually get a pack of mid strength n a premium n just get whatever is on special that week.

What is your favourite beer? Do you stick to the same ones or are you guided by price?

Cheers
Mandy
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite beer?

Originally Posted by mandyp
I've became such a 'beer monster'!! Used to hate the smell of the stuff never mind the taste, but now love a nice cold beer and don't mind what brand!! I usually get a pack of mid strength n a premium n just get whatever is on special that week.

What is your favourite beer? Do you stick to the same ones or are you guided by price?

Cheers
Mandy
Aaahhhh my favourite topic!

Little Creatures Rogers mid strength.
Little Creatures Pale Ale

Recently I've got into James Squire Golden - great 'mouth feel' and a dry finish.

Monteith's (NZ) is very good -especially their winter ale.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Condor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant future

I'll second James Squire's Golden Ale (not Amber Ale, that's awful, Golden).

Beaut hoppy taste. Just great on a stinking hot day. Try to stop at one, not possible.

Just as good in stubbies or draught at the pub.

Beeeyoudifull.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:34 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandyp
I've became such a 'beer monster'!! Used to hate the smell of the stuff never mind the taste, but now love a nice cold beer and don't mind what brand!! Cheers
Mandy
What made you drink it? I can't stand the stuff!
Old Oct 31st 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK - Bath Ales Barnstormer

Here - James Squire Porter, Barron's Black Wattle & Grand Ridge Moonshine

Oh and almost forget - Leffe Brun or Radieuse and Erdinger Dunkel
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:39 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

My favourite beer is wine.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:54 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Mine too - with bubbles. http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:56 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Cascade light
Old Oct 31st 2010, 10:03 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
Mine too - with bubbles. http://www.veuve-clicquot.com/
Absolutely.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:13 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

My favourite beer is Cider

S
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:15 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Blonde, TED or Crown yumyumyum.

Corona if I'm feeling fancy.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelli28
What made you drink it? I can't stand the stuff!

I used to drink morgans spice back across which you don't get here n found I got way too drunk on a couple of glasses of wine.

I liked the idea of a nice cold beer, very appealing in the heat. . . a trip to the tavern one afternoon for a wee birthday drink, n several Pure Blondes later a stop via the bottle shop for a case on the way home and that was me!!

Still very fond of the Pure Blondes, love Furstenberg, Crown n a cheeky wee keg of Heineken goes down a wee treat!! I just pick up whatever is on special, tend to stick to whatever is under the $40 on that week.

Would love to get into home brewing at some point.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Aaahhhh my favourite topic!

Little Creatures Rogers mid strength.
Little Creatures Pale Ale

Recently I've got into James Squire Golden - great 'mouth feel' and a dry finish.

Monteith's (NZ) is very good -especially their winter ale.
I tried Little Creatures Pale Ale for the first time the other day and now I can't get enough of the stuff - its bloomin lovely
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:29 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

My favourite mass market beer has to be James Squire's Amber. I do like the IPA as well but the misses doesn't like that.

My top favourite has to be Bright Breweries Fainters Dubbel. Expensive but delicious.

Was introduced to James Brown from 2 Brothers last week and will be trying more in the future.

Mildura Brewery has an excellent chocolate stout.

Little Creatures is good stuff (but not one of my top favourites). But good enough that I thought it was worth buying shares in the brewery. Keep up the good work those who like it
Old Nov 1st 2010, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

ProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond reputeProudVIC has a reputation beyond repute

James Squire Golden ale, perfect summer beer.

Almost any 'boutique' beer produced by local brewers. Holgates brewhouse which is just near here in Woodend is very good, does a full range of European style beers. Also don't mind the common, cheaper commercial European beers like Carlsberg, Heineken etc. Unless you go to the big Dan Murphy style warehouses you won't find a good range of the top class European beer around.

Also can't go past the good ol' Guiness.

I know a lot of people knock Australian commercial beers like Carlton Draught and VB but they are not really meant to be for connoisseurs, they are just your basic cheap beer that everyday people drink ice cold in summer.

It is a similar concept to Corona. Technically speaking it is one of the worst beers around; flat, weak, watery with next to no beer taste at all, but it is great to have cold on a summers day with fish and chips or something greasy and it is very popular as a result.

Last edited by ProudVIC; Nov 1st 2010 at 6:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.