Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's on the wish list?

What's on the wish list?

Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's on the wish list?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I fixed it for you
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
BTW Cheetah, Prostate Cancer is the only Cancer that has a strong genetic background in our family, every male I know has had it. It hasn't killed any of them and the treatment in our close and extended families case is seemingly worse than the cure.

All I'm saying is that with regards to Prostate Cancer at least, it's not necessarily as bad as one would first think. Not in all cases, check your family history.

I'm working out what to do about mine now..... I'll probably give the alternative path a heavy go first.

I know for almost absolute certain that it wont kill me or wont spread, as it hasn't in any of my previous family history..... It has caused some misreable bastards post treatment though.

To be frank I'd rather go out still being able to get it up
I've heard that before. That if you're in you 60's and diagnosed that you shouldn't bother with surgical treatment as you're almost certain to die of something else before the prostate cancer gets you.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's a month til the big day - what's on everyone's wish list this year?

Mine would be that someone cancels their holidays and I don't have to work Xmas Day (but not likely to happen)
A White Christmas... which, given I'll be on the NSW coast, seems pretty damn unlikely.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 5:42 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

That Christmas day passes without a bushfire anywhere in the northern parts of Perth
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not cooking this christmas (apart from making Amarula ice cream) so hopefully I will get drunk
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

BTW Cheetah, Prostate Cancer is the only Cancer that has a strong genetic background in our family, every male I know has had it. It hasn't killed any of them and the treatment in our close and extended families case is seemingly worse than the cure.

All I'm saying is that with regards to Prostate Cancer at least, it's not necessarily as bad as one would first think. Not in all cases, check your family history.

I'm working out what to do about mine now..... I'll probably give the alternative path a heavy go first.

I know for almost absolute certain that it wont kill me or wont spread, as it hasn't in any of my previous family history..... It has caused some misreable bastards post treatment though.

Thanks Ozzie xxx

My Dad was debating treatment and what to do. I guess he will know for sure after the biopsy what his options are.

Last edited by Cheetah7; Nov 26th 2013 at 6:21 am. Reason: Thanking wrong person :D
Old Nov 26th 2013, 6:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

that some sort of Icelandic volcano can erupt causing a massive cloud of ash th shut heathrow down for 9 weeks just to be on the safe side
Old Nov 26th 2013, 8:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
that some sort of Icelandic volcano can erupt causing a massive cloud of ash th shut heathrow down for 9 weeks just to be on the safe side
different
Old Nov 26th 2013, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
I've heard that before. That if you're in you 60's and diagnosed that you shouldn't bother with surgical treatment as you're almost certain to die of something else before the prostate cancer gets you.
Not necessarily true- my dad died two years ago from prostate cancer which was not picked up until they discovered that what the doctor said was only a torn muscle was, in fact a broken hip from advanced secondary metastatic prostate cancer, which then spread to his spine and brain.

Early diagnosis is therefore crucial. My dad had probably had the cancer for 10 years before it was diagnosed.

Not trying to alarm anyone, I guess my poor dad was one of the exceptions, but fingers crossed that if it is cancer they have caught it and can treat it before it spreads.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:00 am
Account Closed

different
Outlaws coming over for 7, can't be too safe please please please Santa
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Outlaws coming over for 7, can't be too safe please please please Santa
A major snow in? (as long as my daughter gets out first )
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

A major snow in? (as long as my daughter gets out first )
It's a deal, we'll go halves on this wish
Old Nov 26th 2013, 9:56 am

It's a deal, we'll go halves on this wish
When are the outlaws leaving the UK - after the 4th I hope
Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:13 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCreature
Hey Ozzie, your choice of course, but you really shouldn't do nothing. My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 65 - soon after my mum died. He was told that if he did nothing that he could expect to live another 5 years or so and at that time, in his grief he was willing to just let that happen. But my sister and I had other ideas. His own dad had lived well into his 90s and we were unwilling to let our dad go. We persuaded him to undergo a course of treatment which has resulted in the all clear. He has since re-married and has probably added more than 20 years life to what he would have had if he'd done nothing. Do it for your wife and kids, mate.

I wish you all the best with your dad, Sam. Fingers crossed his diagnosis is a good one
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Your family is lucky re prostate cancer, started there in my Grandfather and spread like wildfire, he was riddled with it at the end and took him very quickly. Thankfully my uncle and father are not showing any signs Us blokes need to get on top of this issue more anyway.

Anyhoo for Christmas I just want my son to have a great time and some peace and quiet would be good, been a hard year this one for personal reasons, hope for better in 2014

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.