British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What's the most annoying habits your other half has?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/whats-most-annoying-habits-your-other-half-has-343323/)

glittababe Dec 17th 2005 8:44 pm

Re: What's the most annoying habits your other half has??

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I love my hubby, I really do, but he has some bloody annoying habits, I know I probably drive him mad with mine as well (he would probably say I fart all the time in the mornings), but anyway he burps all the time, not loudly, the equivalant to silent farts, it makes me want to.............................kill him :mad:

Mark says the word 'basically' every five mins!!! When I pull him up on it he says in a very broad Suffolk accent "you pickin on me bah?" I despair!

glittababe Dec 17th 2005 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
In no particular order:
  1. Spends 4 hours a day sat on the throne reading crappy magazines
  2. Picks her spots
  3. Refuses to check the oil/ water/ tyre pressures etc.. in her car
  4. Frys sausages and then refuses to wipe the fat splat up
  5. Is 'addicted' to crap TV and Films
  6. Cares way too much about her job
  7. Sleeps for England
  8. Farts!
  9. Always sniffing her fingers.....(yeah, tell me about it)!!
  10. Clenas the house, but refuses to dust!

But I love her all the same :rolleyes:

are you sure you're not married to a man?

ROBnCAZ Dec 17th 2005 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
are you sure you're not married to a man?

Last checked two hours ago and all was present and correct!!!

Definitely NOT a man!

Oh, and we're not married - once bitten twice shy! ;)

Anne4Terry Dec 17th 2005 9:32 pm

Just thought of some more:
never puts the milk back in the fridge then wonders why it goes off
Never puts anything in the dishwasher
leaves his hairy stubble in the wash hand basin after having a shave
always thinks he can dump everything in my handbag when we go out so I end up carrying everything like a frigging donkey :mad:

ROBnCAZ Dec 17th 2005 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
always thinks he can dump everything in my handbag when we go out so I end up carrying everything like a frigging donkey :mad:

I have to confess to being a bugger for that one as wll Anne!!!

It looks so uncool to have your pockets bulging with phones, keys, fags etc......and those 'man bag' things are just a definite NO NO!!!!!

Where better to dump your stuff than the Doris' handbag!!?? :D

DebraH Dec 17th 2005 9:39 pm

Just thought of some more:
never puts the milk back in the fridge then wonders why it goes off
Never puts anything in the dishwasher
leaves his hairy stubble in the wash hand basin after having a shave

reading this i'm tempted to think that our OH were seperated at birth :
also leaves the teaspoon and drippings on the kitchen side, instead of putting in either the dishwasher or the sink.
constantly forgets to scrape his plate,
leaves the front door open so wide that half of slough can see in our house - even when it's minus 2 outside.
never puts the seat back when he uses my car
always leaves the light on when he's finished dressing in the morning - and i only find out when i come home at 5!
if he's in charge of the boys (not very often) he gives the younges the most obsure choices of clothing that he has in his wardrobe (think he's colour blind).
when (and I admit he does do this - but the whole of berkshire knows) he empties/fills the dishwasher he makes sooooo much noise - he has been known to break a whole tray of glasses - god knows how.

think I'd better stop now

Stitch Dec 17th 2005 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret2
I love my hubby, I really do, but he has some bloody annoying habits, I know I probably drive him mad with mine as well (he would probably say I fart all the time in the mornings), but anyway he burps all the time, not loudly, the equivalant to silent farts, it makes me want to.............................kill him :mad:

He thinks he's perfect!............................... :scared:

Cheers

Ginny

A dogs life Dec 17th 2005 10:59 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I just laughed at the google ads that the so called smart engine came up with for this thread :p

Oh, my wifes only problem is correcting me all the time, even when I'm correct. But if I then correct her, and point out I was actually initially correct, I come across as the arsehole. She does it all the time, and I always end up looking like the tosser. :rolleyes:

Anne4Terry Dec 17th 2005 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by DebraH
reading this i'm tempted to think that our OH were seperated at birth :

if he's in charge of the boys (not very often) he gives the younges the most obsure choices of clothing that he has in his wardrobe (think he's colour blind).

when (and I admit he does do this - but the whole of berkshire knows)

My husband actually IS colourblind!

The funniest thing is when, on the rare occassion, he does do some housework he doesn't half moan at anyone who makes a mess saying "I've only just cleaned/hoovered/tidied that!!!!! :D

Can I just say though I really do love him loads and loads and I'm sure if he were on here he would say that my most annoying habit is moaning at him :o

kyliecuteass Dec 17th 2005 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by DebraH

My husband is the same!! One morning he dressed my daughter and took her to the shops! When they came back i said ''what is she wearing!!'' :eek: he replied ''leggings'' i replied ''they are called tights!!''
My hubby had taken my daughter on a trip to Asda wearing a pair of tights and a t-shirt!!!

BRICKY ADE Dec 18th 2005 12:11 am

BREATHING !!!!

MERRY CRIMBO

BRICKY ADE & family

Ransi Dec 18th 2005 12:21 am

He breathes... :rolleyes:

Ransi Dec 18th 2005 12:21 am

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
BREATHING !!!!

MERRY CRIMBO

BRICKY ADE & family

Snap...pmsl... :D

worzel Dec 18th 2005 1:03 am

She says "no" too often ;)

ub40fan Dec 18th 2005 1:04 am

The last thing that might sound a bit mean but is still annoying is that he wants a cuddle ALL THE TIME!!! I'm trying to get ready for work - give me a cuddle, I'm trying to read the paper - give me a cuddle, I'm trying to get the house clean for a viewer - come and sit down and give me a cuddle. Sometimes I could just do with a little "me" time.

Anne, I so know what you men, yes it is lovely to think that after 20 years together my hubby still wants to kiss and cuddle, but NOT when I am in the middle of doing something! What gets me is I can sit next to him on the sofa and he doesn't notice I am there, but if I get up to go and do something or even in the middle of ironing say, he says "kiss me, I need a kiss now, hug me, I need a cuddle now".

Also, he put shelves by the back door to stop the kids leaving their shoes everywhere. Nice idea and yes the kids and I use it.............. so WHY does he insist on leaving his shoes in the middle of the kitchen floor for everyone to fall over, sooooo frustrating.

And his shins must be really really bruised the amount of time I spend kicking him for his snoring, it's been worse this week as he has had a cold :(