Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's happening to Perth??

What's happening to Perth??

Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening to Perth??

Originally Posted by Deancm
Exactly. Wait until you are over here and your kids want to visit their friends. DAD... can you give me a lift to so and so's place 10km down the road...

And then they'll probably go and find the local shopping centre to hang out in because there isn't much else to do.

Everybody says there is loads to do in Australia. Well, there is but you have to drive to get there and the last I checked, you had to be 18 years old to get a driving licence over here. By all accounts, I have heard they are thinking of increasing the age.
Sounds no different to where I was brought up in England. Unless you live in a city centre somewhere, it's all much the same.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:36 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

It can't be done I tell ya! Men are not designed to raise kids, that's a womans job. If men were meant to look afte kids we'd all have a pair of tits!
Whats up with both the parents raising the kids..As for the perfect parent quote..Don't tell me things are like they use to be..I blame the parents and the PC brigade...
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:19 am
FiP
Forum Regular

FiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really niceFiP is just really nice

Originally Posted by POW148
Education starts at home. Blame the parents for lack of discipline. Dont lay the blame on the system because their is no discipline in the home. As soon as a teacher dare raise a voice or hand against a pupil then there is court case.

Barney

So your kids are perfect then? Or are you just a perfect parent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge26
Excellant quote..Blame the parents as thats where it stems from. All this there is nothing for them to do rubbish doesn't wash anymore. What did us old uns have to do back in the day? Not much but we were brought up correctly where you made the most of what you had and respect for your elders was par of the course....

Another perfect parent of perfect children.

So there are no perfect parents of perfect shildren.........thats depressing
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:35 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FiP
Originally Posted by POW148
Education starts at home. Blame the parents for lack of discipline. Dont lay the blame on the system because their is no discipline in the home. As soon as a teacher dare raise a voice or hand against a pupil then there is court case.

Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge26
Excellant quote..Blame the parents as thats where it stems from. All this there is nothing for them to do rubbish doesn't wash anymore. What did us old uns have to do back in the day? Not much but we were brought up correctly where you made the most of what you had and respect for your elders was par of the course....

So there are no perfect parents of perfect shildren.........thats depressing
bloody liberals
Old Jul 30th 2009, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
Too many drugs here and not enough things for teenagers to do. If the government spent some money on centres for kids and other activities for kids then they wouldn't get into so much trouble.
True there are too many drugs available very easily, but totally bullshit about not enough things for kids to do, hundreds of parks and miles of beaches a bit of imagination which most of the kids seem to lack.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

And some of us womenfolk have minds of our own and maybe would like to exercise our choice to use it on something useful to society besides raising children. Goody for you that you got to only work a small part time job when your children were young. I on the other hand chose to put food on the table for mine with full time work.
Well I made a choice when I had kids.Did I want a beautiful home with all mod cons,my own car,regular holidays,and money to buy my kids anything they desired,or did I want to stay home,work 10 hours per week (and that was at night in a deli after they had gone to bed)have a standard house,no car,camping holidays,and have enough money to buy my kids their birthday/xmas presents with?I chose the latter,and spent school holidays with my kids,had enough energy to spend quality time with them weekends and after school,and you know something?That time we spent was the happiest memories we have together?You can't put a price on that!(By the way,I also had a mind of my own!)
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
True there are too many drugs available very easily, but totally bullshit about not enough things for kids to do, hundreds of parks and miles of beaches a bit of imagination which most of the kids seem to lack.
Do you live within walking distance of a beach?
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:44 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I do!!
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do and pass about 20 parks on the way there, Why do you ask ?