Reload this Page >

What's happening to Perth??

What's happening to Perth??

Old Jul 28th 2009, 10:47 pm
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What's happening to Perth??

Originally Posted by POW148
Education starts at home. Blame the parents for lack of discipline. Dont lay the blame on the system because their is no discipline in the home. As soon as a teacher dare raise a voice or hand against a pupil then there is court case.

Barney
Excellant quote..Blame the parents as thats where it stems from. All this there is nothing for them to do rubbish doesn't wash anymore. What did us old uns have to do back in the day? Not much but we were brought up correctly where you made the most of what you had and respect for your elders was par of the course....
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:32 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
Excellant quote..Blame the parents as thats where it stems from. All this there is nothing for them to do rubbish doesn't wash anymore. What did us old uns have to do back in the day? Not much but we were brought up correctly where you made the most of what you had and respect for your elders was par of the course....
I blame a gradual rot spanning more than one generation. Each generation of parents appears to have become more tolerant than the last. Over-indulging our kids breeds a "me me me" attitude and a lack of consideration/respect for others - especially elders. Community and family involvement in regard to taking steps to maintain discipline and voice disapproval of poor behaviour at the time that it occurs has collapsed. PC-ness also has a lot to answer for. We have become too much of a "oh that's alright" society. Punishments often don't fit the crime. ...Lack of accountability. /rant over <grrr!>
Old Jul 28th 2009, 11:58 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Respect is something that is earned, Not something that is every old persons ordained god given right. The younger generations have cottoned on to this, Wonders of Free Thinking. If them Elders were so clever modern life would not be in the mess it is.

If you turn back the clock a hundred years, Elders were respected. Children worked down the pits and the industrial revolution was at its peak as well as our Empire. Then the liberalists got control, Women were given the Vote and it all went down hill from there.

This shows it beginning.

With Progress there are pitfalls, There has been Crime since the caveman discovered fire, Were not civilized but we do dress better than cave men, Well sort of.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jul 29th 2009 at 12:07 am.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Respect is something that is earned, Not something that is every old persons ordained god given right. The younger generations have cottoned on to this, Wonders of Free Thinking. If them Elders were so clever modern life would not be in the mess it is.

If you turn back the clock a hundred years, Elders were respected. Children worked down the pits and the industrial revolution was at its peak as well as our Empire. Then the liberalists got control, Women were given the Vote and it all went down hill from there.

This shows it beginning.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_lrJg8NMsFw

With Progress there are pitfalls, There has been Crime since the caveman discovered fire, Were not civilized but we do dress better than cave men, Well sort of.
My husband shows me that video on a regular basis...... I think he thinks it's funny.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Blaming kids again when most violent crimes are commited by adults.

Yesterday I saw a real dero man in his 40s ram down a kid on his bike then kick him in the stomach. The brave adult then ran as fast as he could down the street.

But, oh no it is only kids who committ crime....
Old Jul 29th 2009, 2:28 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
Blaming kids again when most violent crimes are commited by adults.

Yesterday I saw a real dero man in his 40s ram down a kid on his bike then kick him in the stomach. The brave adult then ran as fast as he could down the street.

But, oh no it is only kids who committ crime....
Stating the obvious I suppose, but bad kids often become bad adults/parents. Unfortunately, it's a vicious circle.

Last edited by paulry; Jul 29th 2009 at 2:31 am.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!

This shows it beginning.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_lrJg8NMsFw

Women have lost sight of whats more important.Their jobs take peferance over the kids and thats a shame!I only worked a small part time job when my kids were small/growing up and I am glad I was there for them.Kids need nurturing not bloody play stations!!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:32 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kim67
My husband shows me that video on a regular basis...... I think he thinks it's funny.
No.......He just wants you to understand you have Limits But it is funny

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Women have lost sight of whats more important.Their jobs take preference over the kids and thats a shame!I only worked a small part time job when my kids were small/growing up and I am glad I was there for them.Kids need nurturing not bloody play stations!!!!!
Indeed, Every action has a reaction and the children today are the result of equality smoking to much pot and drinking far to much beer. Dont start me on the telly. People then wonder why they grow up a bit twisted. We cant compare or Future to the past and it is about time the older folk excepted this, Times are always moving on in this ever expanding universe. Me I think anyone over the age of 65 should be stripped of personal ownership and shipped to a loony bin.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Women have lost sight of whats more important.Their jobs take peferance over the kids and thats a shame!I only worked a small part time job when my kids were small/growing up and I am glad I was there for them.Kids need nurturing not bloody play stations!!!!!
I know loads of women and men who work and successfully participate in raising well-balanced kids.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:21 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Or just maybe the parents could be parents and keep their kids under control
Do you have teenage kids?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dodge26
...and there were no bananas then, oh no.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I blame a gradual rot spanning more than one generation. Each generation of parents appears to have become more tolerant than the last. Over-indulging our kids breeds a "me me me" attitude and a lack of consideration/respect for others - especially elders. Community and family involvement in regard to taking steps to maintain discipline and voice disapproval of poor behaviour at the time that it occurs has collapsed. PC-ness also has a lot to answer for. We have become too much of a "oh that's alright" society. Punishments often don't fit the crime. ...Lack of accountability. /rant over <grrr!>
I blame the govvermunt. Gordon Brown.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I blame the govvermunt. Gordon Brown.
They certainly haven't helped.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
...and there were no bananas then, oh no.
I wonder how old these people are...?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:29 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Do you have teenage kids?
I have 4 of them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.