Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's everyone up to for Christmas?

What's everyone up to for Christmas?

Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What's everyone up to for Christmas?

Quiet one for us, no plans apart from friends and their little girl coming for dinner, we'll probably head out on a few local days out over the Christmas period, that and catch up on all my DIY projects. Somehow having a real outlandishly fun Christmas doesn't feel right if that makes sense.

Anyway, have a good one all

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 15th 2020 at 1:18 am.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 5:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's everyone up to for Christmas?

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Quiet one for us, no plans apart from friends and their little girl coming for dinner, we'll probably head out on a few local days out over the Christmas period, that and catch up on all my DIY projects. Somehow having a real outlandishly fun Christmas doesn't feel right if that makes sense.

We'll be having a quiet Christmas - but we do always have a quiet Christmas! I have a week off from Uni over Christmas, but Himself has finished work already, so that'll be fun...
Old Dec 15th 2020, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dreamy
We'll be having a quiet Christmas - but we do always have a quiet Christmas! I have a week off from Uni over Christmas, but Himself has finished work already, so that'll be fun...
Lazy bastard, that's the railway for you, God bless it haha. What you up to at Uni?
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:09 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Lazy bastard, that's the railway for you, God bless it haha. What you up to at Uni?
Ha, he's not called FlexiKev for nothing!
I'm in my final year of a food and nutrition degree, online with La Trobe university. Lots and lots and lots of biochemistry! But incredibly interesting, just a pain that I only get a week off over Christmas, lol. I'm trying to get ahead this week, but it's always more difficult when he's not working.
Old Dec 15th 2020, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Ha, he's not called FlexiKev for nothing!
I'm in my final year of a food and nutrition degree, online with La Trobe university. Lots and lots and lots of biochemistry! But incredibly interesting, just a pain that I only get a week off over Christmas, lol. I'm trying to get ahead this week, but it's always more difficult when he's not working.
Haha, I was at Auburn for Sydney Trains for a year, couldn't stand it haha.

I take my hat off to anyone with motivation enough to do one on line, I had trouble with a cert 4, so a degree would turn what's left of my brain to moosh, so fair play to you.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 5:40 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we were booked on a houseboat on the Hawkesbury, followed by a caravan trip to the Sapphire Coast, but the Sydney outbreak may have just scuppered both of those
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

For the first time in a long time we will be having a 'traditional' Christmas meal/day at home this year, were going to take a walk on the peaks (backs on to where we live) with our sons and our dog which will hopefully walk off the turkey etc lol . Whatever everyone's plans are for Christmas hope you all have a nice time, be merry but stay safe..all the best.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 8:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely nothing different from any other time. We're unsociable and honestly even if we liked people, the idea of meeting up and sharing tables, pools etc seems ridiculous. I'll be feeding and cleaning 19 cats and kittens as normal. Luckily I don't have to go to either rehoming centre as (at the moment anyway) all volunteers are able to do their shifts (thank you COVID). We thought about finding somewhere nice for dinner but so few decent places open and when they are they have rubbish set menus at crazy prices. I just have to get out and buy food and I've no idea when I'll get to the fishmongers so the husband's wish for bugs and prawns may not come true.

Totally over people bitching and moaning about being unable to visit family/friends. I've not hugged my eldest since March 2018. We had tentative plans to celebrate two milestone birthdays in the UK in September. Obviously that went by the board many months ago. Thank crunchie for Whatsapp.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dracupg
Well, we were booked on a houseboat on the Hawkesbury, followed by a caravan trip to the Sapphire Coast, but the Sydney outbreak may have just scuppered both of those
Fingers crossed we should be OK. Always wanted to do one of those houseboats on the Hawkesbury. I have seen those from the car ferry. They look fun.

We opened the doors to strays on Xmas day, and with more and more having their interstate holidays cancelled, the list is building, but could provide a big headache if 10 is the number. Who said Christmas was relaxing. So much looking forward to a staycation.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

At the moment our numbers are legal, but we're aware that may change. So I've put our guests in order of what dishes they're bringing, least favourite out first. They've really upped their game and it looks like my wife will be first to go if restrictions tighten.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Absolutely nothing different from any other time. We're unsociable and honestly even if we liked people, the idea of meeting up and sharing tables, pools etc seems ridiculous. I'll be feeding and cleaning 19 cats and kittens as normal. Luckily I don't have to go to either rehoming centre as (at the moment anyway) all volunteers are able to do their shifts (thank you COVID). We thought about finding somewhere nice for dinner but so few decent places open and when they are they have rubbish set menus at crazy prices. I just have to get out and buy food and I've no idea when I'll get to the fishmongers so the husband's wish for bugs and prawns may not come true.

Totally over people bitching and moaning about being unable to visit family/friends. I've not hugged my eldest since March 2018. We had tentative plans to celebrate two milestone birthdays in the UK in September. Obviously that went by the board many months ago. Thank crunchie for Whatsapp.
We've bought a smoker and ill be using it for the first time on Friday, so Christmas will go one way or the other 🤣. The beer fridge will be enough to ease any disappointment with dinner

Merry Christmas

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 22nd 2020 at 7:31 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brits1
For the first time in a long time we will be having a 'traditional' Christmas meal/day at home this year, were going to take a walk on the peaks (backs on to where we live) with our sons and our dog which will hopefully walk off the turkey etc lol . Whatever everyone's plans are for Christmas hope you all have a nice time, be merry but stay safe..all the best.
Sounds perfect. Once we've eaten thats me done unless I'm allowed to have a snooze, might walk the dog on boxing day 🤣

Merry Christmas to you
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 7:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dracupg
Hope it all goes to plan for you, the houseboat is something I'd love to do full-time if im honest.

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 11:09 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Crike! That is a tidy beer fridge.

Me and him will be having a quiet Xmas and NY here at home. We just spent a good 11 days in a camper-van so we need the rest and space. Not sure if it is for us really.

Himself is with Civil Defence so will be on duty up and over the New Year.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 11:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to my sister's place to visit her pool. About 25 family members, we'll get there around 9am and stay until about 3pm. Everyone takes food and we leave it buffet style in the air con so we can wander in and help ourselves. Multiple tubs and barrels of ice outside with drinks. Weird pool floaties (the plastic/rubber ones, not the little brown things that you get when babies swim, no babies currently TFFT). When we get home I'll collapse on the bed in a bubbly-induced coma and scouse will watch Christmas movies - probably It's a Wonderful Life for the 1,312th time

Have already had his sons and partners over for a Christmas dinner, Saturday just gone. It was the usual, youngest son (23) stuffing his face so quickly that he chokes, us giving presents and them saying 'what should I get you for Christmas?'. I'm always so glad when that part of Christmas is over!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.