Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats the difference for you

Whats the difference for you

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whats the difference for you

Between everyday life in u.k with your kids and everyday life in oz with the kids? (My kids are between ages of 3 and 12 so some school some not)
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the difference for you

Originally Posted by pott
Between everyday life in u.k with your kids and everyday life in oz with the kids? (My kids are between ages of 3 and 12 so some school some not)
Not a huge amount. Still have to get up to get the darlings to school (and me as well). Still have to pick them up afterwards and do whatever activities need doing. Still have to cook meals, nag about homework, state of bedrooms, do the washing, cleaning, pay bills, work etc etc etc. Life goes on
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

During the week with work and daycare and usual household/family stuff probably not a lot. Weekends are a different matter. In the UK we'd probably be inside due to poor weather either in our own home or at family/friends. Here it is swimming, park, beach, zoo - loads of stuff and pretty much outside all weekend every weekend.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:14 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in the morning, I lassoo the kangaroos in the back padock and tie them down before I take the kids to school. It's a sport.

Never happened in the UK
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Here in the morning, I lassoo the kangaroos in the back padock and tie them down before I take the kids to school. It's a sport.

Never happened in the UK
See, I miss that. Used to do with the deer in the back garden in the UK and just don't see them here.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 11:58 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Massive differences for us. After school / work most days are spent outside in the garden / pool, dinner is eaten outside, an evening stroll or out for coffee after dinner.

Our lifestyle has changed 100%..... Weekends we find we have so much to do or places to go, that b4 we know it, its Sunday evening again.

Would not swap it for the world....
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Their birthdays are in winter now and not summer. It's changed our lives completely.
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
See, I miss that. Used to do with the deer in the back garden in the UK and just don't see them here.
Try it with a kangaroo...
you have those, right?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 7:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Try it with a kangaroo...
you have those, right?
Yeah, just never thought of it. I'm too busy surfing at 5am to herd the Kangas. I'll get the ones on the beach and let them pull me along the surf
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:02 am

Yeah, just never thought of it. I'm too busy surfing at 5am to herd the Kangas. I'll get the ones on the beach and let them pull me along the surf
Remember to sing along...

'Tie me kangaroo down, sport.... '
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Remember to sing along...

'Tie me kangaroo down, sport.... '
If it stops me humming 'I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you' I'll sing anything
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If it stops me humming 'I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you' I'll sing anything
I could brain kporte for that one, going round my head too!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I could brain kporte for that one, going round my head too!
I'll give him embolisms :curse:

And I sent him a card!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give him embolisms :curse:

And I sent him a card!
Did it ever turn up? He did say he was gonna go in and collect it, didn't he.........
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 10:44 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much the same, but without the long muddy dog walks in the Countryside ....well walking anywhere really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.