Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's the COOLEST app on your phone?

What's the COOLEST app on your phone?

Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:12 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the COOLEST app on your phone?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Nah, that's not right, though have you your bluetooth on, that's a big drainer on the battery as is if ur screen is too bright, but it shouldn't drain that much!!!
Im on the phone to the Apple store now, Virgin mobile have told me to take it back, bugger, it will have to wait till Saturday now. I have turned the phone off as it is draining too much.

I also noticed that it gets red hot if I am on it too long as in games/chatting.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im on the phone to the Apple store now, Virgin mobile have told me to take it back, bugger, it will have to wait till Saturday now. I have turned the phone off as it is draining too much.

I also noticed that it gets red hot if I am on it too long as in games/chatting.
Well then before you take it back, back it up in your itunes, then when you get your new handset restore it from the back up and you won't lose a single thing, photos, apps, music, nothing! Annoying yes, but in the long run you've got a dodgy one but it'll soon be sorted, and when it is, the battery life is just fab on them in comparison to my old iphone!
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

MissyB is an unknown quantity at this point

Doodle Grub - not the coolest but so addictive!

The coolest is RedLaser - a barcode scanner which lets you know the price of pretty much any scanned item and where you can buy it from! Useful if you are out shopping and want to know if you can buy the product cheaper elsewhere before purchasing.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Doco
Boggle
bear grylls app - comes in handy in QLD! lol
Cool ... Does it tell you how to survive in extreme conditions with only a camera crew and 4 wheel drive for company?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:57 pm
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

I'm on cloud 9 here guys! Don't have an iphone but really want one, just can't seem to justify having one as don't use my current phone much. However I do faff about with the ipod touch and have downloaded the tunein radio app and I am now listening to Real Radio!! If you could see me now, I'm clapping like a seal! Talk about chuffed to bits! Had to use the adtelly browser before just to listen online but this app is amazing!

So, Thanks Jen for suggesting this one

I am so getting me an iphone now lol
xx
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:02 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

A word about the TuneIn Radio app ... I was hoping it would stream Radio 5 Live/Test Match Special commentary bypassing the region restrictions, it doesn't.

It's a great thing though, recommended respite from the local offerings.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:06 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
I'm on cloud 9 here guys! Don't have an iphone but really want one, just can't seem to justify having one as don't use my current phone much. However I do faff about with the ipod touch and have downloaded the tunein radio app and I am now listening to Real Radio!! If you could see me now, I'm clapping like a seal! Talk about chuffed to bits! Had to use the adtelly browser before just to listen online but this app is amazing!

So, Thanks Jen for suggesting this one

I am so getting me an iphone now lol
xx
Glad to be of service tee hee
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:22 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well then before you take it back, back it up in your itunes, then when you get your new handset restore it from the back up and you won't lose a single thing, photos, apps, music, nothing! Annoying yes, but in the long run you've got a dodgy one but it'll soon be sorted, and when it is, the battery life is just fab on them in comparison to my old iphone!
I think it all synced last night.

I am going to download that viber and Tunein one when I get my new one. The diet tracker one is excellent so I will get that. Will I have to re-start on my Angry Birds? Mind you I am stuck on one level and cant get beyond it and my Touch Zoo as well, I have bought so many animals - will I need to start again? I have my appointment at 5.50 tonight.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:49 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think it all synced last night.

I am going to download that viber and Tunein one when I get my new one. The diet tracker one is excellent so I will get that. Will I have to re-start on my Angry Birds? Mind you I am stuck on one level and cant get beyond it and my Touch Zoo as well, I have bought so many animals - will I need to start again? I have my appointment at 5.50 tonight.
Not sure, you shouldn't have if you've backed it up tho...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Cool ... Does it tell you how to survive in extreme conditions with only a camera crew and 4 wheel drive for company?
I laughed at the one he did in Australia (Northern WA I think). He was showing how you could set up camp for the night. He said "I won't be staying here tonight but this is how you would do it"!

Wanker

Last edited by Amazulu; Feb 6th 2011 at 4:56 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:39 pm

Not sure, you shouldn't have if you've backed it up tho...
Angry birds is annoying me, I cant break the bricks on my level and I am getting angry. The lawn mowing one is fun.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 5:56 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I laughed at the one he did in Australia (Northern WA I think). He was showing how you could set up camp for the night. He said "I won't be staying here tonight but this is how you would do it"!

Wanker
You're just jealous cos he is fit.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 6:31 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Wanker
Indeed, a total tosspot but he's making money peddling his schtik to the gullible so good luck to him!

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
You're just jealous cos he is fit.
He's also gay, seen many a camp evening I'd imagine
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:00 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Indeed, a total tosspot but he's making money peddling his schtik to the gullible so good luck to him!

He's also gay, seen many a camp evening I'd imagine
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rasen78
Oh the Ipod/Iphone apps is one called StarWalk I think (not available on Android) which shows the stars position from where you are.

I go for the freebies and have Battleships which the boy enjoys.

There is a painting one on Android which is good for kids as well.

WhatApp is good for free texting - it uses the wifi on your phone/ipod and is available for both Apple and Android.

I too have the Kindle one on my Android. have downloaded the girl with the dragon tattoo!!

Oh and of course I have the Next app too!!
Haven't read all the posts, so it might have been mentioned already, but for stars on Android I think my OH has skymap or something like that a google stars map, it turns and shows you which stars you should see as you rotate or point your phone in different directions! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.