Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's BE coming to?

Wikiposts

What's BE coming to?

Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's BE coming to?

Is it just me or have there been more trolls on here lately? It seems every second newbie is a shit stirrer with absolutely no respect for the board's rules or anyone else's opinions.

It used to be that I would come on here daily to catch up with people, have a laugh, maybe offer some advice to those who wanted it but now it's just not the same. It's a sad state of affairs.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's BE coming to?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Is it just me or have there been more trolls on here lately? It seems every second newbie is a shit stirrer with absolutely no respect for the board's rules or anyone else's opinions.

It used to be that I would come on here daily to catch up with people, have a laugh, maybe offer some advice to those who wanted it but now it's just not the same. It's a sad state of affairs.
You can't limit it to 'newbies' surely? It's a phase......and I'm sorry I referred to you as surely (Shirley.....get it?).

I believe most gits are dealt with promptly but that generally depends on members reporting posts as Mods don't spend their every waking hour on here. Shocking I know but that's the lazy bar stewards for you...

Then again, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons (or troll), lighten up a bit. After all, you don't have to read a thread if you choose not to.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek

I believe most gits are dealt with promptly but that generally depends on members reporting posts as Mods don't spend their every waking hour on here. Shocking I know but that's the lazy bar stewards for you...
..after all it took me weeks and weeks to answer your pm didn't it
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:25 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Then again, just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons (or troll), lighten up a bit. After all, you don't have to read a thread if you choose not to.
its not about "choosing" to read a thread , its about threads being turned upside down by baffoons .

end of & maybe this thread needs closing now
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
..after all it took me weeks and weeks to answer your pm didn't it
Oh!? Did you eventually? To be perfectly honest I can't remember but all I know is that Mods are generally on the ball and quite helpful given the thankless tasks they perform (......I'm desperate for Karma btw ).
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh!? Did you eventually? To be perfectly honest I can't remember but all I know is that Mods are generally on the ball and quite helpful given the thankless tasks they perform (......I'm desperate for Karma btw ).
I'll get your name changed back at this rate
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Icarus
its not about "choosing" to read a thread , its about threads being turned upside down by baffoons .

end of & maybe this thread needs closing now
Well, yes and no. You are quite right that an increasing number of threads seem to degenerate, intentionally or not but really, when one sees a thread being derailed, report it or just move on to something more stimulating. Don't give them fuel to continue their primate-like diatribe.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'll get your name changed back at this rate
didn't I say that Mods are generally nice, sexy, intelligent, sexy and sexy? Not in so many words but you know damn well I.........well, I ............ errr........ like you..........lots!!!!

Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Oh dear Dorothy, sorry you feel this way

Focus on the joke thread, that is usually good for a laugh

Have sent you some cheer up karma!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:30 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I think that most of the abuse or reason for threads being closed or falling apart is largely thanks to the established posters, especially when it comes down to pure slagging matches.

Not everyone has been around on the board forever and lives on here knowing each thread from "back in the day". Kinda gets on my goat when someone newish asks a question which is perfectly valid and gets the response "do a search - we've done this before" or "here we go again ".
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:33 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually I think that most of the abuse or reason for threads being closed or falling apart is largely thanks to the established posters, especially when it comes down to pure slagging matches.

Not everyone has been around on the board forever and lives on here knowing each thread from "back in the day". Kinda gets on my goat when someone newish asks a question which is perfectly valid and gets the response "do a search - we've done this before" or "here we go again ".
a point well made , everyone is new at some time ,,, some are "new" twice

mostly the trolls are usually gone soonish as they get bored , others who arrive to get three posts & spam ppl are usually rooted out sharpish
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

Well said!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's been that bad this year, I have seen a lot worse
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:31 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I don't think it's been that bad this year, I have seen a lot worse
oi you you're the instigator of most of the trouble around here

Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
oi you you're the instigator of most of the trouble around here

I try

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.