Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What are you doing right now?

What are you doing right now?

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you doing right now?

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Morphine! Supresses the cough reflex. (Will make her a little sleepy too )

Failing that any painkiller with a smidge of codeine in e.g. Nurofen Plus will have a similar effect on the cough reflex but dont go overboard or she might not be awake enough to do the exam in any event.

Or.....maybe a throat gargle/spray with a slight aneasthetic in it like betedine or that green one you get that I can't remember the name of.
The green stuff is called Difflam,in the uk anyway not sure here,bloody great stuff though
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:37 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
(Apart from doing any BE stuff)

I'm listening to All Saints - Black Coffee on YouTube whilst drinking (another) beer after a long, long day.
Listening to 'Mumford And Sons' and thinking the British music scene is still as good as it ever was....(the good stuff that is).....
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Listening to my 17 month old snore in bed while I eat a roast beef roll and work out some christmas presents!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Checking my mails while the kids are starting to watch HSM 2 for the 1000000000000000 time. YAWN. Bloomin Disney brat pack.......

BUT on the upside, it's the first time since 5 am it's been peaceful so can't complain. I have taken them to swimming lessons and a play place already today......hopefully knackered them so the youngest will sleep past 5.........
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Having a cup of tea and 'working' hard
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tartantopgun
Just finished watching I'm a Celebrity... took painkillers, sleeping tablets and off to bed. (herniated disc, not just recreational!)
I'd need painkillers to watch I'm a Celeb too, wouldn't need the sleeping pills though

I'm telling my eldest to stop whinging about stubbing her toe, Malcolm in the Middle is whittering away in the background and I'm waiting for 4:42 to take eldest and her boyfriend up the road for late night - my life is just crazy d today Oh and I've just been told I'm buying Tiddler a new bikini after we've dropped the love birds off.

You wish you were me, don't you
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:16 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in from work after having a good day with our Viv and now thinking shall I go up the Surf Club for a beer and some dinner with the kids before playing poker... again....

Em x
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wiping my daughter's vomit from the back seat of the car.

Earlier, when I read this, I was taking a sample of my son's stool.

It's been an interesting day.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I'm wiping my daughter's vomit from the back seat of the car.

Earlier, when I read this, I was taking a sample of my son's stool.

It's been an interesting day.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachband
Playing guitar with my other hand as I type this!!!
How do you play the geetar with one hand? Eddie Van Halen style?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just loaded the dishwasher. Off to do the school run and then to work.

Almost the weekend - tick tick tick.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Damson
Get well soon!
Thank you very much. Getting worried now. Due to leave for Oz in April, however now waiting for Ct scan (2-4 weeks) and then possible surgery. Just a nightmare scenario. 20 hour flight with post op back is not making me very excited

Will prob have to be put on a plane like Mr T in the A-Team!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 11:53 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Woo Hoo! My daughter passed her exam this morning despite being up all night coughing. I'm a proud mum today

Incidently, I've just spoken to my sister and she was saying that her little girl has had a eally bad cough too. Several mums at her mother and toddler group suggested rubbing Vicks onto the soles of her feet and putting on a pair of socks before she goes to bed. Next morning - cough gone! My sis looked at them as if they were mad but she tried it anyway and it worked. I think it must have something to do with this reflexology lark. Not sure I believe in it myself but I'll give it a go and let you know

Julie. x
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Woo Hoo! My daughter passed her exam this morning despite being up all night coughing. I'm a proud mum today

Incidently, I've just spoken to my sister and she was saying that her little girl has had a eally bad cough too. Several mums at her mother and toddler group suggested rubbing Vicks onto the soles of her feet and putting on a pair of socks before she goes to bed. Next morning - cough gone! My sis looked at them as if they were mad but she tried it anyway and it worked. I think it must have something to do with this reflexology lark. Not sure I believe in it myself but I'll give it a go and let you know

Julie. x
Excellent news Julie! That must be a great relief.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sitting here thinking how long can I seriously indulge in my own ego about my near poker win without actually going to bed (the whole house wasnt apparently that impressed! haha!)

So I suppose.. I am off to bed! loL!
Em x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.