British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What would you do ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-would-you-do-414806/)

kiwi_child Dec 21st 2006 2:01 am

Re: What would you do ??

Originally Posted by lelchelle
Nope not 100% certain ...thats why i said "If they did have it they would will feel guilty" If they didnt ,then they wont!
So it could be the "Bent asshole at the real estate,s" feeling guilty instead ! ;) But we dont have any evidence for that either do we ?
Michelle

Nope we don't. I just hope Nicky remembers to use Australia Post next time to arrange a mail redirect and gets a padlock for her letterbox.

Have a nice xmas Michelle :)

Streaks Dec 21st 2006 2:16 am

Hi Nicky,
I would go back and ask the mother very politely about the card as she will tell you if it was passed on to the estate agents, and if she denies all knowledge then very nicely say not to worry, you will go back to the post office (or whatever it's called in Oz) and also the estate agents and find out where it was delivered and thank her for her time. At least if she is guilty she will know that you are on to her even though you can't prove anything, and if she isn't guilty she won't be affended if you are nice and polite. You probably won't see the money now whoever has got it but at least you would have tried to something about it. I think you are lovely not to worry your Dad, it's just going to cost you the £30 to pass on to your daughters.
Have a great Christmas and remember what another poster has already said 'what goes around, comes around'

S xx :)

nickyjohnt Dec 21st 2006 10:20 am

Thanks everyone for your replies ! I'm going to go round again this morning with our phone number & address.
Will take my daughter this time ! I know i cant prove it, but my gut instinct is they have had it !!

Nicky :)

Bix Dec 21st 2006 10:25 am

1 Attachment(s)
I got da boyz ready Nicky.

nickyjohnt Dec 21st 2006 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Bix
I got da boyz ready Nicky.

LOL ! :D

hoping my 10 year old in a strop will have the same effect ! :scared:

Nicky

lelchelle Dec 21st 2006 10:54 am

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
LOL ! :D

hoping my 10 year old in a strop will have the same effect ! :scared:

Nicky

Geez.... I,d defiantly say that seeing Georgia in a strop would frighten the Sh*t out of anyone ....she is one scary madame :scared:

Love ya really Auntie Chelle

Debbie Jo Dec 23rd 2006 11:48 am

Originally Posted by lelchelle
Geez.... I,d defiantly say that seeing Georgia in a strop would frighten the Sh*t out of anyone ....she is one scary madame :scared:

Love ya really Auntie Chelle

Why dont you send another card to the address, addressed to you and write "caught you, you thieving bastard" inside the card. You wont get the cash back but at least they'll know your on to them. :o

nickyjohnt Dec 23rd 2006 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Debbie Jo
Why dont you send another card to the address, addressed to you and write "caught you, you thieving bastard" inside the card. You wont get the cash back but at least they'll know your on to them. :o

LOL ! thats a good one , :D
Ive actually got the card now, Wrote a very nice letter to them & laid it on thick about how sentimental it was to me etc etc ! yesterday i got a phone call from the woman saying she had the card so went round to pick it up ! It had been opened & there was no envelope ! but never mind at least we got it back !

northernbird Dec 23rd 2006 3:13 pm

Ive actually got the card now, Wrote a very nice letter to them & laid it on thick about how sentimental it was to me etc etc ! yesterday i got a phone call from the woman saying she had the card so went round to pick it up ! It had been opened & there was no envelope ! but never mind at least we got it back !

Glad you got it back, what did she have to say for herself??

Bix Dec 23rd 2006 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird
Glad you got it back, what did she have to say for herself??

Probably "There wasn't any money in it" :p

sme Dec 23rd 2006 3:28 pm

Glad you got it back - was the money with it ?

nickyjohnt Dec 23rd 2006 3:55 pm

Yep the money there ! she said she had opened it to see if there was a forwarding address :confused:

sme Dec 23rd 2006 3:59 pm

Yep the money there ! she said she had opened it to see if there was a forwarding address :confused:

Excellent news - amazing what a bit of guilt can do :D

See you in the new year:)

nickyjohnt Dec 23rd 2006 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by sme
Excellent news - amazing what a bit of guilt can do :D

See you in the new year:)

Yep looking forward to it !! :beer:

bev Dec 23rd 2006 4:22 pm

Thanks Bix ! looks good where can i buy one ? :D
My husband said the same thing today about the account details Issie ! so will do in future.

Hi nicky
Thats a shame about the money. Woud not be surprised if customs had it, it is prohibited to send money through the post from the uk to oz, it can be confiscated.
Elaine

Great you got it back. :) :)