Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What up with radio regulations??

What up with radio regulations??

Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default What up with radio regulations??

I just tried to log on to XFM through my pooter, which I haven't done in absolutely ages, and it said something about it not being legal to broadcast to other countries anymore Huh?
Whats the score? Anyone know?
They try and stop it by asking for a valid Uk postcode which I can do. Is that really naughty. I wanna listen to Lauren Laverne!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:13 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What up with radio regulations??

Originally Posted by Un-Co
I just tried to log on to XFM through my pooter, which I haven't done in absolutely ages, and it said something about it not being legal to broadcast to other countries anymore Huh?
Whats the score? Anyone know?
They try and stop it by asking for a valid Uk postcode which I can do. Is that really naughty. I wanna listen to Lauren Laverne!
I had the same with planetrock.com. It's something to do with European radio licensing rights. Just log in with your UK email and you can listen.....until they track you down :scared:
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:16 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Use a proxy, there's a thread on here somewhere.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Use a proxy, there's a thread on here somewhere.

Just looked at the thread and I'm a bit too spaccy with computers to figure that out. I just put the postcode of a place where I use to live in and it's seemed to have worked. Erm, I mean, someone else did it, officer... :scared:
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:33 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Just looked at the thread and I'm a bit too spaccy with computers to figure that out. I just put the postcode of a place where I use to live in and it's seemed to have worked. Erm, I mean, someone else did it, officer... :scared:
Beauty, as long as it works, job done mate.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 6:42 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

They'll ask you again in 6 months