Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is this what they really think ???????

Is this what they really think ???????

Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

monandgaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this what they really think ???????

Being german ( but lived in the UK for the past 16 years )I've just been on a german Forum enquiring about my nursing quailfications re Australia.
Somebody before me had asked the same and I could not believe the reply ................
An australien doctor answered that the aussies are sick to death of all the immigrants taking away their jobs. He said that there are enough locals to do the job and if he was in hospital/nursinghome he would want to be looked after by his own people........

please tell me that this is a one off......

Mona
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:01 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this what they really think ???????

Originally Posted by monandgaz
Being german ( but lived in the UK for the past 16 years )I've just been on a german Forum enquiring about my nursing quailfications re Australia.
Somebody before me had asked the same and I could not believe the reply ................
An australien doctor answered that the aussies are sick to death of all the immigrants taking away their jobs. He said that there are enough locals to do the job and if he was in hospital/nursinghome he would want to be looked after by his own people........

Mona
Australia is short on medical staff. If I were in hospital, I would just want to be treated. I'm pretty sure the locals feel the same too.

There are mumblings about foreigners taking jobs here but that is usually when foreign workers are coming in and taking tradies jobs on lower pay, hence devaluing the job market for the locals. This is not the case for doctors and nurses.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Mona
Hi Mona

I can not comment but one would hope not, good luck anyway.

Daryl
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:09 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

sorry but its everyones world now and we have all just got to get on with it...!!!!

sorry..

aston

Last edited by aston man; Mar 29th 2007 at 10:18 am.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Mona
I work in a hospital ward and here's the breakdown of our little area...Me - Canadian here for 8 months, Secretary - Indian here for 30+ years, EEG technician - German - here for about 4 years, 3 Austrian neurologists, 1 neurology registrar - Indian here for 3 years, EEG technician - Australian.

Next to our department are an Irish gastro, a Polish clinical trials nurse and I don't know where in eastern European geneticist research fellow.

I have never worked with such a welcoming bunch of people in my life. The staff who are Australian are wonderful. They love to hear all about my life in Canada and the registrar's former life in India. The German tech only works a couple of days a week, so I don't have a lot of contact with her but she is very welcome in the unit. Don't believe the rantings of an obvious racist pig. You will be welcomed here because your skills are needed and overall the Australians are welcoming people. Don't forget, the country is only 200 years old so made up of immigrants.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:26 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I work in a hospital ward and here's the breakdown of our little area...Me - Canadian here for 8 months, Secretary - Indian here for 30+ years, EEG technician - German - here for about 4 years, 3 Austrian neurologists, 1 neurology registrar - Indian here for 3 years, EEG technician - Australian.

Next to our department are an Irish gastro, a Polish clinical trials nurse and I don't know where in eastern European geneticist research fellow.

I have never worked with such a welcoming bunch of people in my life. The staff who are Australian are wonderful. They love to hear all about my life in Canada and the registrar's former life in India. The German tech only works a couple of days a week, so I don't have a lot of contact with her but she is very welcome in the unit. Don't believe the rantings of an obvious racist pig. You will be welcomed here because your skills are needed and overall the Australians are welcoming people. Don't forget, the country is only 200 years old so made up of immigrants.
hey dotty i had to delete my post above as i did not want to offend,can i put what i really think of this chap?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

I think that it's a global cycle, many english students can't get jobs in the UK medical proffession because of doctors coming in from abroad.....and so the cycle begins.
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Every country has its nasty little racists. Ignore.

Mona
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey dotty i had to delete my post above as i did not want to offend,can i put what i really think of this chap?
If you think he's a twat then say he's a twat. Racism is not to be tolerated at all. I used to hear this all the time when I worked in Toronto about "the GD immigrants coming over taking all the good jobs". Well, Einstein, if the immigrants didn't do the jobs they wouldn't get done seeing how there were not enough people already there to do them!

PS, I love that you call me Dotty. Not very many people get away with that but for some reason I'm not offended when you do it.

Last edited by Dorothy; Mar 29th 2007 at 10:31 am. Reason: Added PS
Old Mar 29th 2007, 10:43 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If you think he's a twat then say he's a twat. Racism is not to be tolerated at all. I used to hear this all the time when I worked in Toronto about "the GD immigrants coming over taking all the good jobs". Well, Einstein, if the immigrants didn't do the jobs they wouldn't get done seeing how there were not enough people already there to do them!

PS, I love that you call me Dotty. Not very many people get away with that but for some reason I'm not offended when you do it.
thank you for that,i take that as a complement..
i have never once thought when i meet aussies here on site,whats there game coming over here taking our jobs,,its more like distant rellies come home.

.i am sure my relatives experienced the same horrible experiences,when they came over from ireland,,the thought that my grand parents may of experienced racism makes me feel sick..
shame that educated idiot does not feel the same..
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:32 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

shame that educated idiot does not feel the same..
sorry aston man but dorothy conveyed her feelings much better
the man is obviously a twat
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by steve`o
sorry aston man but dorothy conveyed her feelings much better
the man is obviously a twat
well said mate...
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much......specially Dorothy, being "on site"....!!!!!
This has put everything back into it's right place........

I actually felt sick when I read the Dr.'s reply, as this is not the first time I've gone through moving to a different country and fearing that people would not accept where I come from.
But........ I have never had a problem in the UK.....in fact I have fantastic friends who see me more as british then german......
I have actually loved living here......!!!
but reading that I thought......
Oh no... here we go again.......

needless to say, that this commend caused a heated debate on the forum, with some more Aussies joining in.....and people slagging each other off left right and centre............!!!
I think I stick to.....BE...

Mona
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:33 pm
Banned

Thanks so much......specially Dorothy, being "on site"....!!!!!
This has put everything back into it's right place........

I actually felt sick when I read the Dr.'s reply, as this is not the first time I've gone through moving to a different country and fearing that people would not accept where I come from.
But........ I have never had a problem in the UK.....in fact I have fantastic friends who see me more as british then german......
I have actually loved living here......!!!
but reading that I thought......
Oh no... here we go again.......

needless to say, that this commend caused a heated debate on the forum, with some more Aussies joining in.....and people slagging each other off left right and centre............!!!
I think I stick to.....BE...

Mona
hey mona,

funny you should say that,i never had a problem when i worked in germany,
it was one of the nicest places i have been ,with the nicest people..

hey good look ..

choose,,,ast
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

hey mona,

funny you should say that,i never had a problem when i worked in germany,
it was one of the nicest places i have been ,with the nicest people..

hey good look ..

choose,,,ast
ahhhhhhhh....thanks Aston man....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.