Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What post-Christmas bargain did you snap up?

Wikiposts

What post-Christmas bargain did you snap up?

Old Dec 27th 2010, 2:59 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default What post-Christmas bargain did you snap up?

I've so far steered well clear of the shops since Christmas but are there any genuine Aussie bargains to be had?
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:17 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What post-Christmas bargain did you snap up?

Originally Posted by paulry
I've so far steered well clear of the shops since Christmas but are there any genuine Aussie bargains to be had?
I usually stay well clear of the post christmas sales, I can't be arsed with the stampede!

I have been to Kmarte today however, and the only sales things were the xmas trees and decors.

So pretty crap really.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:49 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

A second hand xmas tree,i can spot a bargain me
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Mr Kipling mince pies. $2.24 at coles.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:21 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I snapped up an UNbargain. I got a load of toiletries in DJ's, 25% off, went upstairs to look at shoes, down the escalator, caught my favourite maxi dress in it, had to press the emergency stop button and then rip my dress to get it out of the escalator.

Gutted

However The Geek bought me some new sunnies to cheer me up

(And tomorrow I'm going dress shopping.)
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Seasider
I snapped up an UNbargain. I got a load of toiletries in DJ's, 25% off, went upstairs to look at shoes, down the escalator, caught my favourite maxi dress in it, had to press the emergency stop button and then rip my dress to get it out of the escalator.

Gutted

Ohhh so that was you everyone was talking about!

Just joking! I do work at DJ's however and I get 20% staff discount so I've picked up loads of bargains pillows, beach towels, kitchenware, hosiery! also get an extra 20% if I buy something black that's suitable for work.

Can't say I would brave the sales unless I had to work though; the place was feral on boxing day
Old Dec 27th 2010, 8:52 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan
Ohhh so that was you everyone was talking about!
Tell 'em I'd like a very good discount on a new frock!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:10 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Gutted

We took a look around this afternoon and saw nothing to tempt us. Ended up at Coles and snapped up a big bag of popcorn for $1! Other than that, what sales?

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at the frocus (oops fracus) at the escalator, you really must give us advance warning when you next go shopping. ...Lucky for you it only got torn!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 10:28 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Bargains and Aus retailers are oxymorons. They don't exist. Simple as
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I got some good savings on kids clothes at Target, 40% off most things so got some very cute dresses and Thomas Tank Engine t-shirts, not for the same child

Then I got some crackers (bon bons) because my mum and dad are coming over in Feb and we recreating Christmas with them!! They were $15, down from $30.

Then onto Wow Sight And Sound, got a iPod docking thingymajig, $500 down to $360 and we've needed a new one for ages .

And that's my lot but if anyone could tell me where I can get a cheap driving wheel and peddles for an Xbox 360 I'd be very interested... I got my hubby F1 racing game for Christmas, if it wasn't for the fact that the beer's in the kitchen I wouldn't have seen him since Christmas Day .
Old Dec 27th 2010, 11:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by LouiseR
I got some good savings on kids clothes at Target, 40% off most things so got some very cute dresses and Thomas Tank Engine t-shirts, not for the same child

Then I got some crackers (bon bons) because my mum and dad are coming over in Feb and we recreating Christmas with them!! They were $15, down from $30.

Then onto Wow Sight And Sound, got a iPod docking thingymajig, $500 down to $360 and we've needed a new one for ages .

And that's my lot but if anyone could tell me where I can get a cheap driving wheel and peddles for an Xbox 360 I'd be very interested... I got my hubby F1 racing game for Christmas, if it wasn't for the fact that the beer's in the kitchen I wouldn't have seen him since Christmas Day .
Didn't you do well!

My youngest son is after the driving wheel and peddles too. Will let you know if we find any.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I got a day before Christmas bargain - a Joseph Joseph measuring jug that I thought was good value at 6.95 then when I saw it again in the Vic Art Gallery at 19.95 I knew it was!!! An impulse buy to be sure but more than made up for by the antipasto I bought at the same shop which, though nice, was definitely an anti-bargain!!!
Old Dec 28th 2010, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I avoid the boxing day madness- I may have to venture to the shops today though to get fresh veggies.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:47 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Not in Oz but I've done any sale shopping online, wandered into Bromley for a bit yesterday and swiftly left, was like a freakin warzone in there! Got a nice jumper from Next, was £28, got it for £12, picked up some Elle MacPherson smellies half price in Boots and some bits from Dorothy Perkins. Main bargain though has been a lovely new laptop (my first one ever!) from Best Buy. It's online at anything from £500-600 but it was mine for £300 and I'm well happy with it. All I need now is some new jeans from Gap and I'm sorted
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:48 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Sue 'em!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.