Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:58 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What illness are you phoning in work with tomorrow?

10pm in WA
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
10pm in WA
How did you manage to wangle that then?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:01 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
How did you manage to wangle that then?
He must know someone
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:02 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
10pm in WA
....but it does mean that us lot in NSW know the result before it even kicks off in WA. I can ring you up and let you know the score if you want?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Belle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really niceBelle83 is just really nice

Hmm do I stay up and watch it on my Tod as doubt OH will want to get up as he is going for Australia They have even less hope
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Belle83
Hmm do I stay up and watch it on my Tod as doubt OH will want to get up as he is going for Australia They have even less hope
Exactly . . . it's the hope I can't stand, brings me back every time . . .
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
....but it does mean that us lot in NSW know the result before it even kicks off in WA. I can ring you up and let you know the score if you want?
That'll teach him to **** about with the laws of physics . . .
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:09 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

why have we never had a beer?
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Owing to an unfortunate sickie earlier this week. Going to be keeping an eye on the stream via an Optus Mobile and watch the replay's....if I feel like it,.hopefully Working at that time.

As for reason, you just tell them "your sick" which works in most work places in Aus. They are going to know anyway.

What do England have to do to finish top of their group... how do the results have to go ?

I've a sneaking suspicion that Aus may win their game but still go out. So no meetup in the 2nd round. Can't see the Germans winning 3-0.... maybe.. I can see the Aussies winning by 2 though.... Cahill is going to be on fire. (I think 2 for Germany and 2 for Aus means a coin toss for 2nd spot between Ghana and Aus)
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on nights, so if there are any disasters in Qld tonight they will be put on hold for the duration of the match.
I can then kick the walls and scream in frustration without anyone hearing me, before spending the day in bed sleeping off the depression. Got this one well

Oh - and I get paid for it
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm on nights, so if there are any disasters in Qld tonight they will be put on hold for the duration of the match.
I can then kick the walls and scream in frustration without anyone hearing me, before spending the day in bed sleeping off the depression. Got this one well

Oh - and I get paid for it
Frustrating for me, I get to watch on a tiny screen, well I just catch glimpses and pay attention at critical moments. Still it's better than not knowing or listening. It's fairly quiet at the time of the England game, whereas it will be dead busy at the time of the Aus game dammit.

Very grateful for this mobile technology that allows us to do this for the first time this year.

Even I better not take a sickie for this one..... I'm saving a last card just in case I think I would be on a warning for the next one (after this).... luckily we get 3

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 23rd 2010 at 3:25 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stevenglish
why have we never had a beer?
I once tried that line about "the games already finished here" on a mate who was in the UK. Now admittedly he was watching the game live and was more than half cut, a lot more, when he rang me up to ask if I was watching the game as well.
I told him it had finished here about 10hrs ago and that United lost on penalties... he went ******g potty !! Started 'effin and blinding and shouting to his wife that those "jammy Cockney bastards win on penalties". He shouted "sod it then, I'm off to bed" and hung up on me. He stomped off to bed.... and missed United beating Chelsea on penalties in the CL Final.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

As a Scotsman supporting England, I'll be opting for schizophrenia
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I once tried that line about "the games already finished here" on a mate who was in the UK. Now admittedly he was watching the game live and was more than half cut, a lot more, when he rang me up to ask if I was watching the game as well.
I told him it had finished here about 10hrs ago and that United lost on penalties... he went ******g potty !! Started 'effin and blinding and shouting to his wife that those "jammy Cockney bastards win on penalties". He shouted "sod it then, I'm off to bed" and hung up on me. He stomped off to bed.... and missed United beating Chelsea on penalties in the CL Final.
Now that doesnt surprise me one bit

Funny story though.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by haggis supper
As a Scotsman supporting England, I'll be opting for schizophrenia
Schizo Phrenia. Is that the Serbian full back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.