Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you miss most about the UK?

Wikiposts

What do you miss most about the UK?

Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss most about the UK?

Originally Posted by C&R
Well to me, a library is about books, not dvds'. But
Me too. But it was a great money saver when you have kids
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
It was shocking. They had my resume in front of them [it was with 3 people], yet asked me questions about have I done this, have I done that, what example can I give them where I have used the software, have I ever done anything dynamic???? [I think the fact I lived in a non english speaking country for 5 years is pretty dynamic...] Anyway, they could see from my resume I had no experience in what they were asking. So rather then seeking what I could do, they focused on what I couldn't. They are also using an agency to find someone, and last night I found the advert on seek.com, its obvious I am not the right person for the job, so it was a waste of time really. I feel like paying my rent up front for 6 months, and moving to Nimbin.

Anyway, how are you doing?
Sounds like fun!
Dont get disheartened
Dont even jest about moving to Nimbin.
I've just packed my 1st box of books and a mate is on her way over to take away my sofas, feels funny but alls fine n dandy........I'm heading back to UK.
Hope the neighbours not still being a tosser
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:02 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
Sounds like fun!
Dont get disheartened
I've just packed my 1st box of books and a mate is on her way over to take away my sofas, feels funny but alls fine n dandy........I'm heading back to UK.
Glad you are so positive! when do you think you will leave?
Am used to the neighbour now, tosser that he is.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

nattyp will become famous soon enough

Isnt it, really pisses me off.
Hardly encourages the reading does it.
In some of the shopping malls there are often discount book stalls which sell them much cheaper than the usual bookshops. I guess there isn't the same variety but I've bought a few books like this. I've also noticed that some Ezy Video stores often have a book section now and you can trade in your old books for video credit.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like fun!
Dont get disheartened
hi birdy
oooh, i didn't realise your move was happening so quickly! when are you actually off?
good luck with the packing, getting rid of furniture bit
faye x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nattyp
In some of the shopping malls there are often discount book stalls which sell them much cheaper than the usual bookshops. I guess there isn't the same variety but I've bought a few books like this. I've also noticed that some Ezy Video stores often have a book section now and you can trade in your old books for video credit.
Yes & they are cheaper but still not cheap. Also, if you want a newish book, tis hard to find.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rabsody
hi birdy
oooh, i didn't realise your move was happening so quickly! when are you actually off?
good luck with the packing, getting rid of furniture bit
faye x
Ahhh thanks Faye

I'm waiting for my passport renewal b4 booking but moving out in a few days.
Sofas just gone - all feels quite surreal n odd at times.
Even though I want to go and am sure its the right move, feel kinda sad too
Sorry to op......back to what everyone misses