Wikiposts

What do you miss?

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by northernbird
Exactly, where we were in Lancashire and Scotland we were lucky enough to be able to buy icecream from small local dairies. the sticky toffee pudding icecream from a small dairynear Dumfries was quite possibly the best icecream I have EVER eaten (and the size of my arse I have eaten plenty!!)
The best ice cream in the world is actually made in Vermont, New England, USA.

Thankfully it is now available in Australia, although in limited flavours.

BB
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of
Default Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am paid up member of the 'I love Australia' Party but the chocolate here is REVOLTING and give me a packet of Walkers over anything here. Shows it can be different strokes and all that.
Totally agee on the different strokes.

I defo seem to be on my own about the chocolate. I actually get Cherryripes sent over to me in the UK.

UK Icecream is better, but I miss the Giant Sandwich specifically.

On the other hand I'll miss ..
Friends and the inlaws.
Cheap interesting cars.

Everything else is available in Perth if you know where to look (curries, ciders, clothes)
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You prefer the ice cream in the UK? Not tasted UK versions for a few years but the ice cream here is fab imo. Different strokes definitely.
We had fantastic ice cream recently, especially in Devon and Cornwall. We don't have a great choice of ice cream brands in Perth. I've got my new ice cream machine and will start churning when it warms up a bit.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:46 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
The best ice cream in the world is actually made in Vermont, New England, USA.

Thankfully it is now available in Australia, although in limited flavours.

BB
Do tell.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:58 am
Just Joined

gam207 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bibbs;8746803]I miss :

Jack Daniels and coke in a can.

I saw JD and coke in a can in Sainsburys the other day, might cheer you up
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gam207
I saw JD and coke in a can in Sainsburys the other day, might cheer you up
Yup, I've seen it occasionally too.

Not in a carton though.

I'm waiting to be able say "I'm off for a carton of piss, ya want any?"
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:15 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Do tell.
http://www.benandjerry.com.au

BB
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

I miss good take aways
We maybe have pizza sometimes but i am always hungry after an hour

Also going to my mums for a good sunday roast
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

I did not realise just how much I would miss friends and family.I guess when you have problems then you really notice that you are alone.I do have friends here but they all have their own lives to live and it is not the same as friends and family that you have known for years.Sue.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
That looks like it's only available in Sydney and Melbourne. Actually, I tasted one of their chocolate flavours (? fudge brownie) in the UK recently and I wasn't that impressed.

Do Haagen Dazs still sell in Australia?
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by petensue
I did not realise just how much I would miss friends and family.I guess when you have problems then you really notice that you are alone.I do have friends here but they all have their own lives to live and it is not the same as friends and family that you have known for years.Sue.
Yes, these are the really important things, first on the list.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:54 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
I think that is where I am fortunate. I left Lancashire at 18 and moved every couple of years since then. Easier to settle when there is nobody to miss.