What do you miss?

Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:25 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
96 days to go when Polly's plane will miss London and end up in Nova scotia
I'm catching up on old seasons of Lost at the moment
Old Jul 19th 2010, 12:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
96 days to go when Polly's plane will miss London and end up in Nova scotia
That's what I like about visiting you, you're always so pleased to see me
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sass73
Krispy Kremes I was excited about until I tasted one.
People seem to stick to the plain and original ones and then report some sort of success.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:46 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by brissybee
Maran chickens. Hamsters. Waking up to snow. Woods carpeted in bluebells. Squirrels. Macaroons. Conkers.
mmmm I think you may be in the wrong country....

BB
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Thank god it's not just me! I find the krispy Kreme and the Donut King and any other to be totally YUK.I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about. I was an avid fan of the bags of donuts from Tescos and Asda especially when I was lucky enuff to find the apple donuts (ooh yum) also the ones we'd buy when we went to Brands Hatch Ooh I can almost smell them now (queue dribbling smiley)
Haven't found any that have been remotely close in oz, however when desperate I have one jam donut from coles and nuke it in the microwave for 10 secs and it softened it and warmed it just enough to be palatable but only just.
On the subject of things with apple in, another thing that I can't find here is a decent pork and apple sausage! Tesco's were the best - the whole family loved them. Also decent instant gravy like the Bisto Best roast chicken or roast beef in the glass jar (not the cardboard one!) But don't get me wrong, I don't actually MISS these items, living here has got a lot of other things to compensate - the weather for one!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Having just returned from our first trip back to the UK since we arrived 5 years ago I can hand on heart say I miss nothing. There were a list of things I had to buy or eat and other than the chip shop chips nothing lived up to how I remembered them. In fact I found them repulsive. Even my northern husband who loved a nice beer only found 1 real ale that was vaguely palatable. This of course is only my experience and opinion which of course will differ from others.
Same here. I went back three years ago and going to pop in this year when we are in France.

There is nothing I miss per se but I do wish you could get a decent unpasturised cheese (roquefort excluded), a really good spanish chorizo, fois gras and some other food stuffs. Other than that I think we have adapted to what is here. We moved here for a different experience and not for for it to be the UK with warmer weather.

However, having said that I am looking forward to going to Bicester shopping!!!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: What do you miss?

Originally Posted by Sass73
You've done it now I'd completely forgotten about the apple donuts. I used to love them.

Krispy Kremes I was excited about until I tasted one.

Bisto can be bought from the English food shops for a small price - I get a big tub for $14. Did do the whole Green's granules but they're really not the same. Oh, and you can get the Bisto powder for the proper gravy - I think that was $8. Check out Treats from Home - they have a delivery from their shop in Sydney and also a place in Melbourne.

I miss all the crap snack food I used to eat - sausage rolls from Greggs, Melton Mowbrey pork pies, onion rings and the cheap Lambrini and a good, decent cider.

And I miss looking up to the sky and seeing the first flakes of snow and being excited, before remembering how bad it will be to drive in it
Ok - will check out Treats from Home, thanks for the tip....
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:14 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
Same here. I went back three years ago and going to pop in this year when we are in France.

There is nothing I miss per se but I do wish you could get a decent unpasturised cheese (roquefort excluded), a really good spanish chorizo, fois gras and some other food stuffs. Other than that I think we have adapted to what is here. We moved here for a different experience and not for for it to be the UK with warmer weather.

However, having said that I am looking forward to going to Bicester shopping!!!
I did shop a lot! We were 27kg over our allowance and the very nice Singapore lady didn't charge us a bean! We left Australia with 56kg of baggage and came back with 107kg. Oooopss! I bought 9 pairs of shoes!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking on Treats from home - you can buy Baxters redcurrant jelly in Woolworths in Geelong and it is definitely NOT $7!!!

And HP sauce in a squeezy bottle...........

The chocolate is worth it as it is the same price as here. Most things are so expensive! People must get desperate - I don't get it though! I have just found alternatives.

For Bisto, I just wait for someone to visit and ask them to pack some in their case.........we can't use the gravies here as most have milk solids in and we have a dairy allergy in the family......
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by itigo
Just looking on Treats from home - you can buy Baxters redcurrant jelly in Woolworths in Geelong and it is definitely NOT $7!!!

And HP sauce in a squeezy bottle...........

The chocolate is worth it as it is the same price as here. Most things are so expensive! People must get desperate - I don't get it though! I have just found alternatives.

For Bisto, I just wait for someone to visit and ask them to pack some in their case.........we can't use the gravies here as most have milk solids in and we have a dairy allergy in the family......
I have got HP sauce in a squeezy bottle in my fridge. I guess it is from Coles.

We have a fab fish and chip shop near us, but I miss curry sauce and mushy peas, yum.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:15 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I bought 9 pairs of shoes!

Nice one NB - that's my kind of shopping!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

annie55 will become famous soon enough

I miss M & S ultimate mashed potatoe, and M & S in general really. Also pint's of cider on draught, my family, mates etc, Haven't found a really good Sunday dinner yet and not a sniff of Yorkshire puds, good job there 1 of the few things I can cook! Also chocolate just isn't the same and very expensive. Sick of seeing chicken Parmigiana on menus or fish. Choice seems so limited. Shouldn't moan though the weathers great and the people are so friendly. Got a chilled out boss as well which makes a change eh!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 2:55 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

I've just ordered this lot from Treats From Home:

2 Hula Hoops - Original
2 Bassetts Jelly Babies
1 Jacob's Cheddar
2 Jacob's Fig Rolls
1 Colman's Mint Sauce

Should last about 5 minutes! Apart from the Mint Sauce which Granny could make last 5 years!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 3:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I've just ordered this lot from Treats From Home:

2 Hula Hoops - Original
2 Bassetts Jelly Babies
1 Jacob's Cheddar
2 Jacob's Fig Rolls
1 Colman's Mint Sauce

Should last about 5 minutes! Apart from the Mint Sauce which Granny could make last 5 years!
Ooooh what a list
Old Jul 21st 2010, 3:06 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I did shop a lot! We were 27kg over our allowance and the very nice Singapore lady didn't charge us a bean! We left Australia with 56kg of baggage and came back with 107kg. Oooopss! I bought 9 pairs of shoes!
Shoes, I miss shoes. I thought I was really good for not missing anything but I remember the shoes oh those lovely shoes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.