Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What do you buy online from the UK?

What do you buy online from the UK?

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:04 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you buy online from the UK?

With prices looking good (for now) what do you buy online from the UK? I buy books and DVD's. Don't buy many CD's these days with all the iPod/iTunes thing.

I don't buy clothes online as I find the UK ladies clothes a little smaller than here or is it that they are more generously sized in Australia?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:08 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you buy online from the UK?

Originally Posted by Beedubya
With prices looking good (for now) what do you buy online from the UK? I buy books and DVD's. Don't buy many CD's these days with all the iPod/iTunes thing.

I don't buy clothes online as I find the UK ladies clothes a little smaller than here or is it that they are more generously sized in Australia?
I have never had anything shipped from the UK ... the last couple of purchases have been via the US and Singapore (I think, it got here anyway!).

One was a hard to source toy and the other a turntable.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:11 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: What do you buy online from the UK?

No point buying from the UK. USA is closer and cheaper.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Books and dvds usually. Very occasionally stitching and knitting stuff but the US tends to be cheaper unless it is a UK designer. I tend to wait until I get there then stock up on other things I need. Stationery always features high in my list and I am looking forward to getting some good shoes next time. And (almost forgot) knitwear from the Edinburgh Woolen Mills - excellent value!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:23 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Books and dvds usually. Very occasionally stitching and knitting stuff but the US tends to be cheaper unless it is a UK designer. I tend to wait until I get there then stock up on other things I need. Stationery always features high in my list and I am looking forward to getting some good shoes next time. And (almost forgot) knitwear from the Edinburgh Woolen Mills - excellent value!
I bet you have your next trip planned already!!! Do you go with empty suitcases and fill them up or do you always have excess baggage?

I got caught really badly like that a few years back, I bought sooooo much stuff in the sales, mainly for my grand-kids oh I was WAY over and the cost to bring it back meant it wasn't really sale stuff at all LOL!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you have your next trip planned already!!! Do you go with empty suitcases and fill them up or do you always have excess baggage?

I got caught really badly like that a few years back, I bought sooooo much stuff in the sales, mainly for my grand-kids oh I was WAY over and the cost to bring it back meant it wasn't really sale stuff at all LOL!!
Books, CDs, DVDs, clothes, antihistamines as of this week cos I'm told they are unavailable due to the flood
When I go home I buy loads and ship it back, thats all the shopping I do for the year so its worth it Thats as well as the empty suitcases.............
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Bras, shoes, clothes, wallpaper, fabric, books. Also use the USA sites. Just ordering some pictures to canvas as much cheaper from a site in holland
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:07 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Water proof camera cases. Half price!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:09 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Hebe
Bras, shoes, clothes, wallpaper, fabric, books. Also use the USA sites. Just ordering some pictures to canvas as much cheaper from a site in holland
So you only buy food from Oz then?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I post back parcels where I can and otherwise I always have a bit of room in the backpack
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Dive gear is about it for me.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

competition swimsuits- much cheaper than here
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

www.sportsdirect.com

last time i ordered bought about 10 pairs of trainers and other clothing £55 delivery via courier and received in 5 days

nice
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Books. www.bookdepository.co.uk and if you want to check they really are the cheapest www.booko.com.au
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:00 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Books, CDs, DVDs, clothes, antihistamines as of this week cos I'm told they are unavailable due to the flood
When I go home I buy loads and ship it back, thats all the shopping I do for the year so its worth it Thats as well as the empty suitcases.............

Couldn't we sent you up some antihistamines from the drier states????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.