Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What to do in Perth on a Sunday

What to do in Perth on a Sunday

Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default What to do in Perth on a Sunday

Hi Guys,

New to Perth (in currambine at moment) and was just wondering what you guys do or are going to do on Sunday, so we can read through the posts and go do it to, get the feeling im feeling a bit lost at the moment!!

Always used to do a sundy session in town at the local pub listening to chilled out music and having a few (quite a few actually) wines.

Might go down Malones pub in Joondalup as apparently they do a lovely sunday dinner and have kids entertainment, (we have 6 year old son) anybody been that they could tell us if its worth it,

Any (polite) suggestions very welcome.
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:33 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do in Perth on a Sunday

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi Guys,

New to Perth (in currambine at moment) and was just wondering what you guys do or are going to do on Sunday, so we can read through the posts and go do it to, get the feeling im feeling a bit lost at the moment!!

Always used to do a sundy session in town at the local pub listening to chilled out music and having a few (quite a few actually) wines.

Might go down Malones pub in Joondalup as apparently they do a lovely sunday dinner and have kids entertainment, (we have 6 year old son) anybody been that they could tell us if its worth it,

Have you been to Yanchep national park yet ?? You can have a lovely walk around, see some Koalas, kangaroos, spot the turtles in the lake, take a boat out, go down the caves, learn about the dreamtime talks are on at different times. Take a ball have a kick around with your kid then go and have something to eat at the pub and a couple of drinks or their is a cafe there if the pub doesnt take your fancy.

Or there is Whitemans park with big play areas for the kids and loads of other stuf, dont think there is a pub there though
Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

With your username I'd have thought it obvious ...

Take a few snags and rolls to BBQ up to Yanchep National Park. Have a kickaround with the wee lad or hire a rowing boat on the lake, then enjoy a couple of snifters at the Yanchep Inn in the beer garden listening to some great live music ...

Alternatively, come to my Collier Homes display and buy a house from me!!!

Credit crunch ... credit cards ... would you credit it ...

Hi Guys,
o

Old Oct 11th 2008, 6:39 am
Account Closed

Now that is flippin' spooky!!!
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:29 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Now that is flippin' spooky!!!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys

thanks for the replies. Yep been to yanchep park many times.

Got user name because we got married there 4 years ago when we visited oz the first time.

Whiteman park sounds good though so will give it a try.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:35 am
sel
~~~

Hi guys

thanks for the replies. Yep been to yanchep park many times.

Got user name because we got married there 4 years ago when we visited oz the first time.

Whiteman park sounds good though so will give it a try.
Oooooh thats lovely !!! What a gorgeous place to get married !!!

Enjoy Whiteman Park
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of weeks ago we got on the train at Clarkson and went all the way to Mandurah for the day. It's $8.40 for a family pass that's good all day, so a cheap day out. The bus from the Mandurah train station to the foreshore is free and runs about every 15 minutes. We took a walk along the foreshore, had fish & chips and generally a really nice cheap day out.

Usually on a Sunday my husband and I go for our weekly "date". We go to a coffee shop up in Butler where we sit for an hour or so sipping coffee and catching up on our week. Other times we go to The Boat in Mindarie for a coffee.

Hillary's Boat Harbour is open if you want to go down there. I find it rather touristy but it's good for a Sunday out if we have nothing else planned.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Sue _ Mo will become famous soon enough

I love Sundays because you can't do anything!!(I mean things like shopping / working etc) Winter my sundays are taken up with Footy with my boys and summer Saturdays are taken up with tee ball or baseball. The other day left on the weekend is for chilling as the others have said in a park, beach (now it's getting warmer)
I would suggest pack some food and head for a drive there are load of lovely parks, bbq areas each suburb has them just look in the UBD and pick one to visit.

Take the bikes and cycle along the river there are lots of places you can walk/cycle chill out and watch the world go by. Your boy will love watching people in their boats on the river i'm sure.

You also have the wineries (but not this weekend) or Brigadoon before the water gets too low, He will love it there one of my favorite places.

So theres a few - as much as I love to sit and have a wine or two or three He!He! my choice would be to do it away from the packed pubs such as the Boat or Joondalup as kids get board easily in those places I normally find.

If all else fails - Gardening YUK!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys for all those suggestions, will be following some of them up on future sundays,

We ended up going to Ocean Reef for a drive, went past Ocean Reef Social club and they had the first sail open day on, so we gatecrashed, had a couple of nice wine spritzers, and my little boy had a great time on the bouncy castle, free hot dogs, making giant bubbles, ball games, ice creams and a great comedy pirate show, all while me and hubby chilled on the grass overlooking a beautiful beach and ocean.

We were then told Mindarie festival is next sunday, so theres another Sunday we are looking forward to, its sooooo fantastic to be able to get out and do something on a sunday, we are well impressed.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 1:19 am
sel
~~~

Thanks guys for all those suggestions, will be following some of them up on future sundays,

We ended up going to Ocean Reef for a drive, went past Ocean Reef Social club and they had the first sail open day on, so we gatecrashed, had a couple of nice wine spritzers, and my little boy had a great time on the bouncy castle, free hot dogs, making giant bubbles, ball games, ice creams and a great comedy pirate show, all while me and hubby chilled on the grass overlooking a beautiful beach and ocean.

We were then told Mindarie festival is next sunday, so theres another Sunday we are looking forward to, its sooooo fantastic to be able to get out and do something on a sunday, we are well impressed.
Sounds like a good day ... and wasnt the weather fab !!!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

It was fantastic, and Ive got a bright red burnt nose to prove it

Must get into the habit now of taking the suntan lotion with me everywhere I go, in England I always remembered the umbrella!!!!

I was soooo shattered, think it was the sea-air, or could have been the wine spritzers that I was in bed by 8pm

My next mission is to go to a yoga class thats started in Joondalup this week whats happening to me since I come over here I feel like getting all healthy and everything!!
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:15 am
sel
~~~

My next mission is to go to a yoga class thats started in Joondalup this week whats happening to me since I come over here I feel like getting all healthy and everything!!
My reasoning is so no photos of me looking like a beached whale in a bikini do the rounds on facebook !!!

Forgot to say ... this is a real useful website for finding out whats on in perth, you can sign up for the email alerts

http://www.enjoyperth.net/

Last edited by sel; Oct 13th 2008 at 5:19 am.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Hey Yanchep ...

Do you display the number plate 'Yanchep' on a Silver Range Rover Sport?

It was at Clarkson station earlier today.

Someone is driving a green Corolla around the Northern burbs with the rego '3 Legs' ...

It was fantastic, and Ive got a bright red burnt nose to prove it

Must get into the habit now of taking the suntan lotion with me everywhere I go, in England I always remembered the umbrella!!!!

I was soooo shattered, think it was the sea-air, or could have been the wine spritzers that I was in bed by 8pm

Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow wish I was driving that, nope afraid it wasnt me I dont even drive But everything is soooo spaced out here I think I might have to think about learning Ive got to 46 without driving, maybe Ill put it on my xmas list.

Although I have bought a bike today, so thats a start!! as they say little steps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.