Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What a difference a year makes...

What a difference a year makes...

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 2:21 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a difference a year makes...

I cant believe its been a year.
He has got beautiful eyes - but boy does he look like hes going to be trouble!
He has mischief written all over his lil face.
Look forward to his allclear in 6months, hes a lovely little boy, with a lovely family. xxx
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 3:50 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Flynn was born 2/11/2006 weighing in at 2.2 lbs. (1.061 kilos)

His story is here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=flynns+thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=flynns+thread

Some of the first pics still make me go cold...

But the recent ones rock!

OK, Flynns first year has been eventful, but totally joyous and an honour to watch that tiny fetus bud into something so beautiful

Developmentally he is perfect for his corrected age (9 months) and there is no sign of any disability from the IVH (bleed to the brain) he will get a clean bill of health hopefully at around 18 months, he is proof that miracles do happen, according to his pediatrician.

He is rolling, sitting, standing, clapping, hiking around in his walker (when he is tootling around in his walker the kitchen resembles the scene in 6th sense when the Mum turns around and all the doors have silently opened ) He picks up a couple of things that you ask for by name (eg his duck in the bath) and is beginning to wave and also says Dad dee Dad dee all of the time.

He has been discharged from the eye clinic and has the all clear with his heart and hearing. He still has the MRi looming IF they deem it necessary and his lungs are still fairly suseptable to wheezing and coughing (hes not sounding spectacular as we speak!) but thats to be expected. His reflux has gone but he still struggles with his bowels and that gets him up every night! A nights sleep would be TOTAL heaven but hey, I can't have it all!

He is a totally beautiful baby and I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging but everythime we take him anywhere someone comments on his georgousness or his fabulous eyes or something! His proud Granny entered him into a baby contest () and he got second for most appealing baby, second for most beautiful eyes and was crowned Prince of the Day! He got a trophy and ribbons and my Mum was fit to burst gawd love her!

Its been a mental journey and one I wouldn't wish on anyone, ever. On a very personal level we, as a family, were totally saddened at the death of Zane, the little boy born the same day as Flynn and was in the humidicrib opposite. He never left hospital and died about 6 weeks ago, my heart broke for him and his parents and I just thanked God that our little boy was just that teeny bit tougher and was able to drag himself through.

Today has been totally overwhelming for me and admit to feeling humbled and fit to burst all at the same time...

First off we got a cheque for Flynn and prezzie from the forum that I am a mod on (Sue I hope thats ok to say!) which was TOTALLY unexpected and really choked me up. Sad-cry-blownose-ani.gif

Got beautiful cards From Auntie Mel and Cat girl & her lovely boys and polly and the bloke

Next Auntie Anne sends Flynn and the other two a gift and what she wrote I struggled to read out loud because it choked me again!

Then we head off for the Monash and up to NICU an saw a lot of the staff with Flynn. He was totally and utterly loved, cuddled and cooed over, even two of the Drs came racing round to see him. We took a framed "thank you" from Flynn for the NICU wall of fame. This wall was inspirational to us and something I really felt strongly about doing and needed to do...Matt is trying to get the doc in a PDF for me to put on here....

I went to the chapel (that brought back heaps of memories) and I said some thanks and also a prayer for Zane and his poor family on this day, again something I really felt strongly about doing. I wrote in the prayer book for him too....

As we walked back to meet Matt and Niall Flynn was on fire, waving and chattering to all who would listen. Seriously it was like walking through there with someone famous! Everyone either waved or said "oh what a gorgeous boy" or "oh what beautiful eyes" etc, I wanted to say to them all "you just don't UNDERSTAND just how special today is and how privilaged I am to have him"! ......

We called in to the cafe and the guy who always serves me came round to "check out the little guy" couldn't believe he was one already! then proceeded to ask after Matt.

Then I bumped into Amal- Matts neuro registrar who asked straight away after Matt, then Niall, then Flynn. What a truly fantastic person she is and I feel totally indebted to her for saving Matt, but also honoured to know such a dedicated, hard working amazing woman!

Poor Niall had a grim time as they forgot to put numbing cream on him so he ended up having a local into his tummy which really hurt him (hes normally a TOTAL hero with needles) Then he had his big jab and we raced to get me back to work in time...

All the girls made a big fuss of me and set me off again

Got home and his God Mum and daughter were round with a cake and candle and My Mum and "Pop" were here too. WE ALL SANG HAPPY BIRTHDAY That felt sooooo good and I was choked again!

The dear little boy has just gone to bed. I can safely say that I know he has enjoyed his day immensely!

Thanks for all of your well wishes via PM 's and Karma, once again, overwhelming!
Hi Hevs....gonna pm you and try to put some pics in....Flynn looks fab! My niece was born 10 weeks premmie and weighed 2lb 6oz...she'll be 4 in January....you would never belive it!! Try and email or pm them to you....she's huge and looks the size of a 6 year old! bless them!
Happy Birthday Flynn Ems x
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 4:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

i get the image of her in her dungarees, chainsaw in one hand and fire extinguisher in the other

happy burpday flynn
Yeah but now i've got the baby in a back pack too

Pol and Cresta, can't wait for your visits
we ought to try and get down there together - that'd be a party and a half!
The Bloke said he likes the image of you with the dungaress and chainsaw as well........
Don't think he's ever recovered from the stories of you chopping up the woodpile, setting fire to the place, terrorising the pool man, frightening the local spider population, etc.

Flynn will have a good teacher in the skills of survival in Aus
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 11:51 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think Sunday the 4th of November will now be known as the day the drought broke. Unfortunately it was also the day of Flynn's party

We awoke Sunday morning to rain like we have not had in a long time. Hooray everyones gonna have to stay in the house. Not only was it raining it was not very warm either.

Flynn's gone to bed for his morning sleep at 8am and was up at 9.30. Now usually this would mean he would go down around 12. Hev's mum took Flynn for a while so we could push on with party preparations.

Flynn's godmother came round in the morning and helped us with the cooking. The rains still coming down full tilt.

Well the hour arrived and all preparations made. Theres no chance to get Flynn down for another sleep so we decide to push on and see what happens.

Flynn was a total star and loved every minute of the attention that he got all day.

The party finishes and funnily enough so does the rain!!!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:02 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

aww bless him, glad all went well
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Fab photo Matt. Thanks. You must be all shattered with the emotions of the past few days.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 12:26 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

wee flynn looks magic HUP, but i couldnt help laugh at the rain in the background
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:19 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We so needed the rain though. Just NOT that day
Beautiful today for the cup though
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We so needed the rain though. Just NOT that day
Beautiful today for the cup though
Yeah, we're so over Flynn now. Let's move on to something more important
Old Nov 5th 2007, 8:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yeah, we're so over Flynn now. Let's move on to something more important

flynn who?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by soapy

flynn who?
Posh hospital down the road his namesake
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Hevs
Glad to hear that all is well with you. What a gorgeous little boy - he definately takes after his mum

Hope that the rest of the family are well.
love Debsxxx
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:11 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi Hevs
Glad to hear that all is well with you. What a gorgeous little boy - he definately takes after his mum

Hope that the rest of the family are well.
love Debsxxx
No he doesn't. He hasn't got purple and pink hair and she hasn't got eyelashes a foot long You're such a crawler
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No he doesn't. He hasn't got purple and pink hair and she hasn't got eyelashes a foot long You're such a crawler
aw well, I will have to tell you that your lovely girls must take after him indoors then
Old Nov 5th 2007, 10:43 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by debsy
aw well, I will have to tell you that your lovely girls must take after him indoors then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.