Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The what did you do at the weekend thread....

The what did you do at the weekend thread....

Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default The what did you do at the weekend thread....

Uk or Oz doesn't matter. Might be interesting you never know

Anyway for me I went to the Blues festival at Araluen with 3 of my girlfriends a sumptuous picnic and much wine on sat followed by house viewings on sunday.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The what did you do at the weekend thread....

Put sealant around our kitchen workstops and went to Filey for fish and chips.....blooming dogs everywhere
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:31 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

10 pints of Guinness , A Kebab & a fist fight
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phoenix

Anyway for me I went to the Blues festival at Araluen with 3 of my girlfriends a sumptuous picnic and much wine on sat followed by house viewings on sunday.
sounds good to me.

friday - i went to the cbd meet in mellie, got a bit too pissed, but had a grrrreaaat time!!!

sat- me and daughter went to a britvic meet in pakenham had a lovely day/picnic

sunday - went to st kilda festival

mon - went to work knackered
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Spent all weekend dreaming of erotic sex with Maggie
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:59 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant remember
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:02 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join in 'cos my weekend started at noon on Wednesday Chinese New Year's Eve. Fireworks and all that mallarkey. Can't remember what we did on Thursday - oh yes I can, we went out for a Japanese meal - but on Friday we went to a humungous barbeque; ate and drank rather a lot.

Saturday, in recovery, quiet seafood dinner brought in from a few doors away. Sunday - champagne brunch for a friend's birthday; started at 11.30am and ended up in an Irish Bar until about 9pm before deciding we really should go home.

Could have been a lot worse - often after a champagne brunch and a few hours in the martini bar it seems like a very good idea to go terrorise the working girls and ladyboys in the nearby bars.

Oh and last night was a Ladies' Night, but a necessarily subdued one.

edit: So no, sorry, it wasn't very interesting.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Spent all weekend dreaming of erotic sex with Maggie
sex!!!!!!! i vaguely remember sex, but dont seem to get it much these days
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:02 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenix

Ooohh, me, me. I'll answer as we've got the MIL over and are having lovel weekends at the moment

Saturday we went into Perth and had a buffet lunch at Miss Mauds; scandinavian yumminess. We did a little shopping, OH treated me to a fabby new lush pair of sunnies and then we went to watch Mr Margorium's thingy Emporium in the outdoor cinema which also had fireworks for Chinese New Year.

Sunday we went to Penguin Island on the boat and saw little penguins, seals, pelicans and shags and snorkelled in the sunshine.

This weekend will be just as nice as our middle child is 7.

Bit different to in the UK which would have been: Sat AM freeze bits off taking son to footie. Do Tesco on the way home. Not a lot in the afternoon. Sunday would consist of housework / ironing and then a Sunday roast for my Mum and MIL.

Not all of our weekends are a lovely as the last one, but we definately get out more as a family and enjoy the surroundings.

Jules

(Feeling very smug as usually when this type of thread comes up, we've had a sh*t weekend with a massive row, or something similar...... insert smug smilie
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

We are still in the UK and our weekends are usually spent doing housework, weekly visit to Asda, tke the kids swimming and not much else!

This weekend we took the kids to Chester Zoo...we had glorious sunshine all day

We then drove to the St Davids Park Hotel that we had booked into, and took it in turns watching the kids in the pool while we enjoyed the jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna.....absolute heaven!

Enjoyed a nice evening with a few bottles of wine

Had to rush back on Sunday morning to get hubby back for the Manchester Derby.

I'm still buzzing from the weekend we've had, as we don't often get to spend lots of quality time together
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:19 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Went into London to watch Chinese New Years parade and test out my big lens on the nikon dslr. Nice day - the weather was beautiful - this type of weather is better than some of last summer if you ask me!

nothing friday, nothing sunday - nice and relaxing.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Got defluffed on the Satuday morning, went walking in the afternoon. Chilled in the evening and watched Casaulty. Sunday, did more walking, had a lovely roast in the evening and watched Lost.

Sounds a bit like the Craig David song, think it's the word "chilled."

It was nice to be in the local area for a change!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Saturday i had a leaving party and ended up singing wham songs on the karaoke! Excellent night with loads of friends and family, danced all night.

Sunday dragged myself out of bed, put on dark glasses, discovered i had lost my voice and went to watch my son play rugby. Went to the local pub for a big sunday roast and was back in bed by half two. Woke up when the antique roadshow was on.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:49 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Went camping in Tamborne Mountain with the steve`o's.
Friday putting up tents, then chillin with bbq and red wine, a camp fire and toasting marshmallows on sticks.
Sat went for a walk to Witches falls about 4kms. Absolutely fantastic very primevial at times. We came accross a bush turkey eating what we thought was a snake and found out it was an earth worm!!
See pic.
Then went jumping off rocks into a rock pool.
Whilst we were at the tent we had a variety of bird life - one Kookaburra decided he wanted to have dinner with us and then we had some black yellow tailed cockatoos who like to sit in the pine trees above us and throw their pine cones at the cars!!
Then the same chillin evening as Friday.
Sunday we went and saw glow worms - looked more like LED lights - but another great setting.

Absolutely ruddy brilliant!!
Attached Thumbnails The what did you do at the weekend thread....-p1000276.jpg   The what did you do at the weekend thread....-p1000287.jpg   The what did you do at the weekend thread....-p1000301.jpg   The what did you do at the weekend thread....-p1000327.jpg   The what did you do at the weekend thread....-p1000351.jpg  

Last edited by thewoodz; Feb 12th 2008 at 9:52 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

well dont seem to get chance to say this quite often but this weekend we watched Man City BEAT Man United

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.