Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What did I miss ...Out good ?

What did I miss ...Out good ?

Old Apr 5th 2011, 6:35 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default What did I miss ...Out good ?

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a while been on a bit of a rollacoaster for the past 12Mths unable to get off !!

Anything good been happening ?

Also change in my circumstances and the visa thing seems to back in my face and very real again now have a thread here also

Hopefully all the old faces are still lingering around here I'll have to have a mosey on around now and have a look for myself

Cheers

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:34 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did I miss ...Out good ?

Originally Posted by Dougie
Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a while been on a bit of a rollacoaster for the past 12Mths unable to get off !!

Also change in my circumstances and the visa thing seems to back in my face and very real again now have a thread here also

Hopefully all the old faces are still lingering around here I'll have to have a mosey on around now and have a look for myself

Cheers

Dougie
WELCOME BACK!!! xo
Old Apr 5th 2011, 8:49 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Cheers Jen
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Dougie! Best of luck with the visa
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:07 pm
Swollen Member

Thanks Louise,

Fingers crossed I pull my finger out and do the right thing in the next couple of weeks otherwise it will all be for nowt !! And my head is pickled at the minute

Dougie
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:21 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Dougie
Hello you

- so you still might make it then?

How are your boys? How do they feel about it all? xxx
Old Apr 5th 2011, 11:32 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hello you

- so you still might make it then?

How are your boys? How do they feel about it all? xxx
Hopefully I will ...eventually ! Thanks SC

The boys are really good thanks, the split was messy to begin with ( but theyno nowt about that) but all good now she has remarried (11 months after meeting him (real nice lad thou couldnt have picked a better one for the boys myself, If only I could warn him !!) )

And I have not mentioned the Oz thing to them cause they will only pass on to her and then she will think I am trying to do a runner with them or summit !!

But like I have mentioned in the other thread just in a right pickle at the minute as I have opened this mail off the COlate and its all come flooding back about the move !

Dont wanna give up on all the hard work but in the same breath canny see be being in a position to actually move for a few years yet !

How goes you anyhoo ? Hope all is well ?

Dougie x
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt very much that you have missed much other than the usual, same old, same old!

Welcome back
Old Apr 6th 2011, 8:28 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully I will ...eventually ! Thanks SC

The boys are really good thanks, the split was messy to begin with ( but theyno nowt about that) but all good now she has remarried (11 months after meeting him (real nice lad thou couldnt have picked a better one for the boys myself, If only I could warn him !!) )

And I have not mentioned the Oz thing to them cause they will only pass on to her and then she will think I am trying to do a runner with them or summit !!

But like I have mentioned in the other thread just in a right pickle at the minute as I have opened this mail off the COlate and its all come flooding back about the move !

Dont wanna give up on all the hard work but in the same breath canny see be being in a position to actually move for a few years yet !

How goes you anyhoo ? Hope all is well ?

Dougie x

chuffing hell that was quick ey!!!!

Good luck with it all, there is no reason why you can't come over and kick start your life here and the boys can follow on.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:53 pm
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
chuffing hell that was quick ey!!!!

Good luck with it all, there is no reason why you can't come over and kick start your life here and the boys can follow on.
HAHA yeah it was ! but my only comfort was that I know for sure they did only meet 7Mths after we split otherwise I'd have been asking questions !!

I know your right but theres no way on earth I could leave me laddos behind, but like I said just dont wanna pass up the opprtunity for a better life down under even if I have to put it on hold for a while, after all the hard work an money I have bladdered into iut already

Dougie
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I know your right but theres no way on earth I could leave me laddos behind, but like I said just dont wanna pass up the opprtunity for a better life down under even if I have to put it on hold for a while, after all the hard work an money I have bladdered into iut already

Dougie
Ok, so you won't leave your children behind, is there a chance they'll go with you and leave their mum?

Because even if you got your PR it's only valid for 5 years and if you want another one you have to show that you're comitted to living in Australia.

And the better life aspect, would it really be a better life if a) your kids are 12000 miles away missing you and you missing them or b) you've brought them and they miss their mum.

Tricky one that's for sure.