Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

what a crap place Perth is.

what a crap place Perth is.

Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: what a crap place Perth is.

So, bearing in mind the fact that there is ALOT less to do in Perth than other cities around the world (and we're not talking meeting up with friends for a drink or bbq), why don't we be constructive and try to start a thread of things you CAN do in WA.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because it has been done many times before on this site so searching this forum would be a better way of doing that. Strange, we have just been havign a conversation about all the amazing places to visit in the South West.. between here and Esperance. In the UK the Cities have many more places for pay to see entertainment but Perth and WA far outstrips London and the UK IMO for free things to do and great outdoors places to experiance. (there is even a website dedicated to it). I wasn't even thinking of your post when i responded so accusing me of not reading is a bit pointless, i was thinking of the OP who did emigrate here. I have lived for 10 years in Cambridge, 6 years in London, 2 years in Brazil, i year in Africa, three years in Netherlands, 3 years in Portsmouth, several years in Somerset plus various other places around the UK and have enjoyed all of them, but i am very glad i came here, as i said in a previous post, Perth means different things to different people but you can make life choices and move if you dislike it soooooo much
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You cannot judge someone's predicament entirely on what they say on BE. How they got here, or when they leave, is another matter to understand. Those that do understand, will know that Perth is not to blame, but what an
individual enjoys more.
We have family here who loved it at the time and yes we fell for the hype. They are now leaving for Brisbane next year, we are heading back to UK. I never came for the beaches, but was under the illusion there were many things to do here. If you love it here, then good for you. Doesn't mean i'm a bad person just cause i want to go home. It's what i prefer!
All in all it's been a good experience and glad we came. I enjoy what i have now, but i know i can have better.
Hi,
Couldn't agree with you more... you are not blaming Perth but believe you will be happier elsewhere, and are going to do something about it.. you don't make arbitrary opinionated comments about how crap Perth is because you don't like it... hope your move goes well..
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I can still relate to what the OP said. We are all so different.

Last edited by Nu-Shooz; Nov 29th 2007 at 2:24 am.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:39 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrispy
I wasn't even thinking of your post when i responded so accusing me of not reading is a bit pointless, i was thinking of the OP who did emigrate here.
You quoted an agreeing reply to my post when you replied, so I assumed you were replying to my post as well.

You're right that Perth (and anywhere in the world really), will mean different things to different people. I think if you have alot of money then there are ALOT more things people can do in any city (ie in Perth I would love to go on Helicopter rides, Glider rides up in York, Parasailing, kite-boarding, scuba-diving etc etc but they are all things I can't afford. For the average person in Perth, there really isn't much to do. I`m not blaming anyone or even really complaining about it (as Simone said to me and others ages ago, you have to make your own fun), but it's just a fact. In fact, when you have kids it makes it much easier, as you can go to the kids places and have fun through them having fun.

I lived in England for 10 years and pretty much exhausted what Kent, Sussex, Surrey and Essex had to offer... and some of London, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Dorset, Holland, France, Belgium and Dublin too. But there were always more things to do in London and further afield (France just a couple of hours away). Perth just doesn't compare for entertainment value, the same as England doesn't compare to Australia for weather and beach lifestyle. I'm not complaining about either, just facing facts. I was born here, lived here for most of my life, and can say hand-on-heart that Perth is boring (when it comes to things to do/places to go). What makes a place great though is your family and friends. Extra places in Perth to go to would be nice though.

Simone and Pascals website http://www.enjoyperth.net/ is brilliant btw, and everyone should subscribe to their newsfeed. It really is the best source of information when it comes to what events are happening in W.A.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:50 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Been here 17 yrs now, was bored after one,however very difficult to return once you have a house and 5 kids.
Hey - who wouldn't be pissed off if they had accumulated 5 kids in the space of one year?
Old Nov 29th 2007, 2:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Hey - who wouldn't be pissed off if they had accumulated 5 kids in the space of one year?
Can't be done...surely
Old Nov 29th 2007, 3:47 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't be done...surely
You could die trying...

OR adopt!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 4:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't be done...surely
I think they're called quintuplets. The very idea makes me cross my legs

And to the OP, yes we know you didn't really accumulate them in one year
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:31 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Can't be done...surely
They don't all have to be with the same partner
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Perth's not that boring then
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:41 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sme
Very good point, sme... just imagine all the maintenance to the separate mothers....
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Very good point, sme... just imagine all the maintenance to the separate mothers....
Maybe that's why they want out so desperately.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:15 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Someone order the pizza - I`ll get the bears in
What did we do to get dragged in
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:06 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Perth's not that boring then
A lot of "adult" parties to go to - just bring your keys !
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by sme
A lot of "adult" parties to go to - just bring your keys !
I hope that wasn't a legitimate invite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.