What a Crap Day

Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:11 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy What a Crap Day

The house is now back on the market

The wanker who put in an offer on Monday didnt have the funds agreed and has now had to withdraw his offer. He told the agent he had the funds, but as it turns out he only had the money for the deposit and cannot secure a morgage.

He lied to the agent, got my f***ing hopes up and has know left me feeling a mixture of pure anger and deflation.

What kind of person puts an offer in on a house knowing full well they dont have the money

I suppose its a good thing it happened only 2 days after accepting the offer, weeks down the line and we could of ended up seriously out of pocket, but its no real consolation.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a Crap Day

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

The wanker who put in an offer on Monday didnt have the funds agreed and has now had to withdraw his offer. He told the agent he had the funds, but as it turns out he only had the money for the deposit and cannot secure a morgage.

He lied to the agent, got my f***ing hopes up and has know left me feeling a mixture of pure anger and deflation.

What kind of person puts an offer in on a house knowing full well they dont have the money

I suppose its a good thing it happened only 2 days after accepting the offer, weeks down the line and we could of ended up seriously out of pocket, but its no real consolation.
I know how you feel hun. Happened to us two weeks ago. It's so bloody annoying. I feel like I want to scream at the minute I'm so depressed with everything.

I agree about it not being any consolation the finding out sooner rather than later part.

Hopefully it won't be long before someone else comes along.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to us a month or so ago - only it was after 10 weeks and many hundreds of pounds (bill yet to come in)! Good luck with finding another buyer.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear your news claire, hope you get someone else quicky!!

if our bloody government saw the amount of people on this site alone who've been messed about and lost money, they might think about how peoples lives are affected and take a leaf out of the rest of europes book and get it changed, it makes me sick!! if people had to sign and pay a 2 grand deposit up front, they'd soon think about backing out!!!

good luck x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
if people had to sign and pay a 2 grand deposit up front, they'd soon think about backing out!!!

good luck x
Totally agree rules need to be changed - though in a way the treasury wins either way 'cos we've got to pay VAT on the solicitors fees for the aborted sale.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:43 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
sorry to hear your news claire, hope you get someone else quicky!!

if our bloody government saw the amount of people on this site alone who've been messed about and lost money, they might think about how peoples lives are affected and take a leaf out of the rest of europes book and get it changed, it makes me sick!! if people had to sign and pay a 2 grand deposit up front, they'd soon think about backing out!!!

good luck x
Absolutely agree, I find it ludicrous that the biggest purchase most people will ever make is the most risky.

We have more protection buying a £20 pair of shoes than a £150k+ home. Its ridiculous.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:44 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Totally agree rules need to be changed - though in a way the treasury wins either way 'cos we've got to pay VAT on the solicitors fees for the aborted sale.
At least the solicitors's fees would come out of the charlatan's pocket! B'stards.....the lot of them!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:48 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Bast**ds

happened to us too why do people look at property they cant afford we very nearly dropped 10 grand to accomodate them but they were not willing to put a small deposit down so told em to bugger off!!!

We now have new buyers full asking price still worried though so many have house sales fallen through wont be confident until we exchange which will hopefully will be soon!!!

Hope you get a new buyer soon!!!

Fingers crossed for you

Kris xx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Buttockup
At least the solicitors's fees would come out of the charlatan's pocket! B'stards.....the lot of them!
Unfortunatley not just theirs. The solicitors charge you for the work they've done up until the point of collapse.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear that

Rest assured that once you are here that will never happen. You have to jump through hoops just to make an offer. Whole system of buying is more bureaucratic but it protects the vendor. (((hugs)))
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:20 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: What a Crap Day

What really really really really really annoys me about these types of situations is the bloody Estate Agents i can quite honestly say I hate them!! They charge you the earth and surely it is down to them to ensure that before they put forward an offer the people offering are fully checked out to ensure they can at least afford/get a bloody mortgage!!

I know if people pull out further down the line it isnt always something you can blame the Estate Agents for, but this first hurdle is surely very easily checked out by them!! Most "normal" people have got a mortgage agreed before they look for a house to buy as that informs them how much they can look up to, so very easy for Estate Agent to ring up Finance place and check it all out!!

In my view any costs incurred from solicitors or anything else if this is the case should be forwarded to the Estate Agents!! Their fees are far to bloody high anyway!!

Piddles me right off, incase you hadnt noticed!!!

Wow feeling SOOOO much better now!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG!!!! and here i am moaning about spiders. mate i am so so so so sorry. why did this have to happen to you. oh god i wish i could do something. you poor thing.

BASTARD
Old Mar 1st 2006, 2:36 pm
Here and loving it!

cheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond reputecheri-pie has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for you, hope you get another buyer soon.

And as for Estate Agents and bl**dy Springtime :scared: aarrrrrrrghh Dont get me started! Where the hell are all the bl**dy would be buyers then???

Cheri x
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheri-pie
So sorry for you, hope you get another buyer soon.

And as for Estate Agents and bl**dy Springtime :scared: aarrrrrrrghh Dont get me started! Where the hell are all the bl**dy would be buyers then???

Cheri x
They're probably confused by the springtime snow. They must think it's winter still
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:14 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
They're probably confused by the springtime snow. They must think it's winter still
I know I am! We have snow and sunshine

According to my claendar March 20th is when spring begins!

I hope you find a real buyer soon

Shirley x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.