British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What a a bunch of naff talkers! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-bunch-naff-talkers-693012/)

Syedney Nov 10th 2010 11:43 am

What a a bunch of naff talkers!

Hey Syedney here!

After my exploits (or really I should say out exploits ;) ) last few months, when I managed to secure a new 457 sponsorship on the 11th hour, I decided to try at some stage and get you folks some updates. But as this is my first visit to BE since few months, i decided to read random threads and my impressions are: What a load of cobblers! :rofl: Some real tosh speak and more energy than the national grid of Fiji!:p
Yet, BE and it's ppl are extremely helpful and made it so much more easier to cope with our situation. Must say, since then I worked my derriere off!!

Things will start to slow down now at work so I decided to see what else needs looking at and guess what ? Damn all our passports, my daughter's, missus and mine all expire around April/May next year!!:eek:

Jesus Christ! It wain't raining as much it's pouring! Nigh impossible, where do one start?
BE? so I trawled, like a fisherman in the north sea, through waves and waves of BE threads and here's what I think the best resolution is:

1. Get my mum who is in London to send us the renewal forms by post.
2. Fill them in
3. try to get someone local to counter sign the photos (mark how long they have known us as it won't be 2 years which is required)
4. Send off the forms with the passports to my mum who'll post these to Home office for us.

That's luvvley jubbley, like Del Boy would say!:lol:

Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Anyway, since this is an update thread, I am so chuffed to be staying here in Oz land.:thumbup:

Loving the country! (Not so much the rain at the mo!)

Kelli28 Nov 10th 2010 11:45 am

Re: What a a bunch of naff talkers!

Originally Posted by Syedney (Post 8972969)
Hey Syedney here!

After my exploits (or really I should say out exploits ;) ) last few months, when I managed to secure a new 457 sponsorship on the 11th hour, I decided to try at some stage and get you folks some updates. But as this is my first visit to BE since few months, i decided to read random threads and my impressions are: What a load of cobblers! :rofl: Some real tosh speak and more energy than the national grid of Fiji!:p
Yet, BE and it's ppl are extremely helpful and made it so much more easier to cope with our situation. Must say, since then I worked my derriere off!!

Things will start to slow down now at work so I decided to see what else needs looking at and guess what ? Damn all our passports, my daughter's, missus and mine all expire around April/May next year!!:eek:

Jesus Christ! It wain't raining as much it's pouring! Nigh impossible, where do one start?
BE? so I trawled, like a fisherman in the north sea, through waves and waves of BE threads and here's what I think the best resolution is:

1. Get my mum who is in London to send us the renewal forms by post.
2. Fill them in
3. try to get someone local to counter sign the photos (mark how long they have known us as it won't be 2 years which is required)
4. Send off the forms with the passports to my mum who'll post these to Home office for us.

That's luvvley jubbley, like Del Boy would say!:lol:

Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Anyway, since this is an update thread, I am so chuffed to be staying here in Oz land.:thumbup:

Loving the country! (Not so much the rain at the mo!)

Australia post renew them ;)

Sherlock Holmes Nov 10th 2010 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8972973)

I just love to see a quality thread killer, especially when the advice is spot on. :lol:

Kelli28 Nov 10th 2010 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8973011)
I just love to see a quality thread killer, especially when the advice is spot on. :lol:

I feel bad, it was such a long post too! :D

Sally Simpson Nov 10th 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8973051)
I feel bad, it was such a long post too! :D

Aaw Kelli, you could have spun it out for at least 3 posts or at the very least made the effort to post a link!;):lol:

Glad all ok now Syedney & thanks for the reminder that my passport has in fact expired!:ohmy::thumbsup:

Kelli28 Nov 10th 2010 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson (Post 8973062)
Aaw Kelli, you could have spun it out for at least 3 posts or at the very least made the effort to post a link!;):lol:

Glad all ok now Syedney & thanks for the reminder that my passport has in fact expired!:ohmy::thumbsup:

As requested ;)

http://auspost.com.au/personal/unite...passports.html

Sally Simpson Nov 10th 2010 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8973084)

:thumbsup: You see, now that didn't really take much effort now did it?
We'll make a great poster out of you yet!:lol:

PS When I work out what one of those is, I'll let you know!;)

Kelli28 Nov 10th 2010 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson (Post 8973091)
:thumbsup: You see, now that didn't really take much effort now did it?
We'll make a great poster out of you yet!:lol:

PS When I work out what one of those is, I'll let you know!;)

Two helpful post's, I'm clearly sober I'd better go and get a drink before I start being nice to everyone! :eek:

Sally Simpson Nov 10th 2010 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8973105)
Two helpful post's, I'm clearly sober I'd better go and get a drink before I start being nice to everyone! :eek:

Yes, you'd better! You are not supposed to post on BE at this time of night if you are sober. That is why I am going to bed now!;):lol:

Kelli28 Nov 10th 2010 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson (Post 8973112)
Yes, you'd better! You are not supposed to post on BE at this time of night if you are sober. That is why I am going to bed now!;):lol:

Sleep is for the weak! :lol:

Sally Simpson Nov 10th 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8973124)
Sleep is for the weak! :lol:

Well, just now, that is me!

I'll be back though!
(Said in best Arnie voice!;):lol:)

Syedney Nov 11th 2010 7:38 am

Great banter on here:thumbsup:

Enjoy reading those answers and thanks a bunch for your input...As ever spot on.

Though some of you don't look like you get much sleep...Insomniacs!:rofl:

carolinephillips Nov 13th 2010 6:22 pm

some of us are woken up at 4am by Destructo the foster cat trying to open the sliding door!

iamthecreaturefromuranus Nov 13th 2010 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by kelli28 (Post 8972973)

Australia Post renew British passports? :confused:

itigo Nov 13th 2010 9:22 pm

Woah that's an expensive service!! $275 to renew from Oz..........but convenient.........