Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What a a bunch of naff talkers!

What a a bunch of naff talkers!

Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a a bunch of naff talkers!

Hey Syedney here!

After my exploits (or really I should say out exploits ) last few months, when I managed to secure a new 457 sponsorship on the 11th hour, I decided to try at some stage and get you folks some updates. But as this is my first visit to BE since few months, i decided to read random threads and my impressions are: What a load of cobblers! Some real tosh speak and more energy than the national grid of Fiji!
Yet, BE and it's ppl are extremely helpful and made it so much more easier to cope with our situation. Must say, since then I worked my derriere off!!

Things will start to slow down now at work so I decided to see what else needs looking at and guess what ? Damn all our passports, my daughter's, missus and mine all expire around April/May next year!!

Jesus Christ! It wain't raining as much it's pouring! Nigh impossible, where do one start?
BE? so I trawled, like a fisherman in the north sea, through waves and waves of BE threads and here's what I think the best resolution is:

1. Get my mum who is in London to send us the renewal forms by post.
2. Fill them in
3. try to get someone local to counter sign the photos (mark how long they have known us as it won't be 2 years which is required)
4. Send off the forms with the passports to my mum who'll post these to Home office for us.

That's luvvley jubbley, like Del Boy would say!

Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Anyway, since this is an update thread, I am so chuffed to be staying here in Oz land.

Loving the country! (Not so much the rain at the mo!)
Old Nov 10th 2010, 11:45 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a a bunch of naff talkers!

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hey Syedney here!

After my exploits (or really I should say out exploits ) last few months, when I managed to secure a new 457 sponsorship on the 11th hour, I decided to try at some stage and get you folks some updates. But as this is my first visit to BE since few months, i decided to read random threads and my impressions are: What a load of cobblers! Some real tosh speak and more energy than the national grid of Fiji!
Yet, BE and it's ppl are extremely helpful and made it so much more easier to cope with our situation. Must say, since then I worked my derriere off!!

Things will start to slow down now at work so I decided to see what else needs looking at and guess what ? Damn all our passports, my daughter's, missus and mine all expire around April/May next year!!

Jesus Christ! It wain't raining as much it's pouring! Nigh impossible, where do one start?
BE? so I trawled, like a fisherman in the north sea, through waves and waves of BE threads and here's what I think the best resolution is:

1. Get my mum who is in London to send us the renewal forms by post.
2. Fill them in
3. try to get someone local to counter sign the photos (mark how long they have known us as it won't be 2 years which is required)
4. Send off the forms with the passports to my mum who'll post these to Home office for us.

That's luvvley jubbley, like Del Boy would say!

Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Anyway, since this is an update thread, I am so chuffed to be staying here in Oz land.

Loving the country! (Not so much the rain at the mo!)
Australia post renew them
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:11 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
I just love to see a quality thread killer, especially when the advice is spot on.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:36 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I just love to see a quality thread killer, especially when the advice is spot on.
I feel bad, it was such a long post too!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad, it was such a long post too!
Aaw Kelli, you could have spun it out for at least 3 posts or at the very least made the effort to post a link!

Glad all ok now Syedney & thanks for the reminder that my passport has in fact expired!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Aaw Kelli, you could have spun it out for at least 3 posts or at the very least made the effort to post a link!

Glad all ok now Syedney & thanks for the reminder that my passport has in fact expired!
As requested

http://auspost.com.au/personal/unite...passports.html
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You see, now that didn't really take much effort now did it?
We'll make a great poster out of you yet!

PS When I work out what one of those is, I'll let you know!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 12:56 pm

You see, now that didn't really take much effort now did it?
We'll make a great poster out of you yet!

PS When I work out what one of those is, I'll let you know!
Two helpful post's, I'm clearly sober I'd better go and get a drink before I start being nice to everyone!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Two helpful post's, I'm clearly sober I'd better go and get a drink before I start being nice to everyone!
Yes, you'd better! You are not supposed to post on BE at this time of night if you are sober. That is why I am going to bed now!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:04 pm

Yes, you'd better! You are not supposed to post on BE at this time of night if you are sober. That is why I am going to bed now!
Sleep is for the weak!
Old Nov 10th 2010, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sleep is for the weak!
Well, just now, that is me!

I'll be back though!
(Said in best Arnie voice!)
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Great banter on here

Enjoy reading those answers and thanks a bunch for your input...As ever spot on.

Though some of you don't look like you get much sleep...Insomniacs!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

some of us are woken up at 4am by Destructo the foster cat trying to open the sliding door!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia Post renew British passports?
Old Nov 13th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Woah that's an expensive service!! $275 to renew from Oz..........but convenient.........