Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What is Australia famous for?

What is Australia famous for?

Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is Australia famous for?

Originally Posted by brissybee
No. That is a con.

Get real Eddie.
Thought they were just collateral damage....
Old Dec 31st 2013, 2:44 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Pros: mildy-whinging British people, sunshine to 24c max., beaches before 9 am or after 4pm, spray on skin, koalas when not scratching or urinating or grunting, the opera house and harbour bridge and associated fireworks, attractive fit people, easy going attitude, bbqs, homosexuals who don't pretend to be straight and get married, Uluru, Great Barrier Reef,

Cons: Seriously whinging poms, sandy arse cracks, hot sunshine, hot beaches, hot and cold and even tepid dim sims (sorry Chris), aggressive kangaroos, neighours, home and away, Christmas on the Beach, Rolf Harris, dangerous wildlife, xxxx, The outback, personal attacks, sledging, underarm bowling.

Meh: whinging poms generally, daily sunshine, beaches, wifi, chiko rolls, koalas, boomerangs, being an antidote to Britain, vegemite, kylie and Jason, crocodile Dundee, flat bottom rail and non-destructive excavation (I expect?), sport.

That's it then. Sorted.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Pros: mildy-whinging British people, sunshine to 24c max., beaches before 9 am or after 4pm, spray on skin, koalas when not scratching or urinating or grunting, the opera house and harbour bridge and associated fireworks, attractive fit people, easy going attitude, bbqs, homosexuals who don't pretend to be straight and get married, Uluru, Great Barrier Reef,

Cons: Seriously whinging poms, sandy arse cracks, hot sunshine, hot beaches, hot and cold and even tepid dim sims (sorry Chris), aggressive kangaroos, neighours, home and away, Christmas on the Beach, Rolf Harris, dangerous wildlife, xxxx, The outback, personal attacks, sledging, underarm bowling.

Meh: whinging poms generally, daily sunshine, beaches, wifi, chiko rolls, koalas, boomerangs, being an antidote to Britain, vegemite, kylie and Jason, crocodile Dundee, flat bottom rail and non-destructive excavation (I expect?), sport.

That's it then. Sorted.
Kylie and Jason. .......... and they were midly famous in Oz and UK. No where else I believe
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
Kylie and Jason. .......... and they were midly famous in Oz and UK. No where else I believe
mmm Kylie, No1 in my wank bank
Old Dec 31st 2013, 3:52 pm
Account Closed

That's it then. Sorted.
flat bottom rail revolutionised the the rail industry, I can elaborate if you find this at all interesting. The NDE is basically a jet wash and a vax, means we can dig holes without risking hitting cables.

Steve 'interesting' English
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Arr you sure it's not Jason who's in your wank bank?
Old Dec 31st 2013, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by berserk
Arr you sure it's not Jason who's in your wank bank?
are you a pirate?? what are you insinuating, jason donovan doesn't look anywhere near as good in gold hot pants
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:04 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Right then... According to the good folk of BE, Australia is famous for whinging poms, sunshine, beaches, wifi, spray on skin, chiko rolls, dim sims, kangaroos, koalas, boomerangs, the opera house and harbour bridge and associated fireworks, neighbours and home and away, kylie and Jason, crocodile Dundee, Christmas on the beach, Rolf Harris, attractive fit people, dangerous wildlife, easy going attitude, bbqs, xxxx, flat bottom rail and non-destructive excavation (ok?), homosexuals, Uluru, Great Barrier Reef, The outback, being an antidote to Britain, personal attacks, sledging, sport and underarm bowling.

Wow! Now for the pro's and con's list....
Do you really want to claim Rolf, seeing as though he is still under investigation for quite a large number of sex crimes involving children, or is that the reason you want to claim him.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

are you a pirate?? what are you insinuating, jason donovan doesn't look anywhere near as good in gold hot pants
who the **** is jason donovan?
Old Dec 31st 2013, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm....mine was Janet Ellis if we are basing it strictly in order.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:13 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Do you really want to claim Rolf, seeing as though he is still under investigation for quite a large number of sex crimes involving children, or is that the reason you want to claim him.
Um.....

I'm not claiming Rolf... he is merely mentioned as something Australia is famous for.

You may note he appeared in my "cons" list.
Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

You may note he appeared in my "cons" list.
bit premature he's not been tried yet
Old Dec 31st 2013, 9:27 pm
Not actually a squirrel

bit premature he's not been tried yet
I'm not convicting him... just passing an opinion.
Old Jan 1st 2014, 12:12 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Best I've heard for ages
The question was..."What is it famous for?" not whether it's true or not
Old Jan 1st 2014, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
This thread is pointless as most responses have been deleted.

Anyway I just find it absolutely bizarre that so many British people view Australia as being a tool to meet their life demands and that if they are not met then that somehow makes Australia faulty. I just find that mindset totally bizarre. I can not think of any other equivalence between 2 other countries.
Nice post, informed, well considered and factual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.