Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What "Aussie" things wind you up but makes you smile.....

Originally Posted by soapy©
you wind yir self up ya muppet lol
A clockwork Bernieboy? Now therer's an idea - new toy for the Christmas market maybe?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

The adverts on tv - especially the Lowes one and Joyce Mayne ones.

Being asked for ID when I go to pubs. When its not about age but knowing who is on the premises.

Having to open my bag at checkouts.

oh wait - none fo those make me laugh.... um, back to the thinking board
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:51 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
you wind yir self up ya muppet lol
Brown nosed b'stard
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
The adverts on tv - especially the Lowes one and Joyce Mayne ones.

Being asked for ID when I go to pubs. When its not about age but knowing who is on the premises.

Having to open my bag at checkouts.

oh wait - none fo those make me laugh.... um, back to the thinking board
That has to be a QLD thing. I have never been asked for ID in a pub and never been asked to open my bag at a checkout. Only ever asked at Big W, K Mart and Target when I leave the store without buying anything.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
That has to be a QLD thing. I have never been asked for ID in a pub and never been asked to open my bag at a checkout. Only ever asked at Big W, K Mart and Target when I leave the store without buying anything.
perhaps i look 16 and a bit dodgy lol

I dont get asked so much for bag checks now, I have this glare sort of worked out that goads them to ask me and it seems to repel them. The Id thing is more in places where theres a lot going on. Its frequent enough so that you wouldnt go out without ID as it will spoil your night. I am 40 so its not an age thing
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in QLD and never been asked either! Same as you when leaving Target etc if I haven't bought anything - doesn't bother me I just hold it open without them having to ask
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
I'm in QLD and never been asked either! Same as you when leaving Target etc if I haven't bought anything - doesn't bother me I just hold it open without them having to ask
Same, never been asked at checkout. Anyway back to wind up but smile things I think.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The way the women say the word "phone". It always sounds like "foine".

The way my son has become so Aussie. He's become a fully fledged bogan since coming here, complete with the accent and even identifies as Australian and not Canadian anymore.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:19 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Some city pubs ID everyone, regardless of age etc, on the way in - producing my passport last weekend got the usual "where's your driving licence""Ï don't drive"fiasco
Been asked at the checkout to empty my bag on many occasions, cos I shop on the way home from work while carrying a rucksack. The box of tampons on the top usually stops them in their tracks now
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:21 am
Home and Happy

The way my very straight mate at work says she's spending the night with her "girlfriend"
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:28 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The way the women say the word "phone". It always sounds like "foine".

The way my son has become so Aussie. He's become a fully fledged bogan since coming here, complete with the accent and even identifies as Australian and not Canadian anymore.
Obviously a smart lad,good on im
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

4 of us went to watch hugh cornwell at the coolengatta hotel and got asked for ID
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

Tye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ya love us really
When you ask for something in a shop...they bring you the wrong item and then ask don't you want the wrong item then Grrrrrrrrrrr!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 6:05 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Me neither but if I ever go through checkout with bags from other shops I normally just open them up volantarilly and they usually don't even look or say "you're right" and let me through without looking...
Originally Posted by Dorothy
The way the women say the word "phone". It always sounds like "foine"........
Yeh funny how they say that. Also dayboo (debut) always makes me smile

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The way my very straight mate at work says she's spending the night with her "girlfriend"

Originally Posted by Tye68
When you ask for something in a shop...they bring you the wrong item and then ask don't you want the wrong item then Grrrrrrrrrrr!
I filled a basket with stuff at the local chemist, the girl at the counter took each item out and scanned them in - she came to the last item and said "do you want this as well?"

generally Aussies are kind people who don't want to be difficult and will go out of their way to help
Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:25 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

generally Aussies are kind people who don't want to be difficult and will go out of their way to help
I'm so glad you said "generally" there

(note to self - introduce Walter to our current admin officer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.