What am I doing???

Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default What am I doing???

.............I plan to sell my house, give up my job and take my children to the other side of the world where I have no idea what is waiting for me. I will have no family support and will be providing the only income to the house. All of a sudden I am shit scared
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What am I doing???

Hey daunted,

lifes an adventure and lifes for living.

I'm sure you'll be fine and you and your family will have the time of your life

I don't have kids but am the sole income with me and the wife. I am selling our family home, we are going to Oz and I am spending a sh1t load of money on going back to uni with no guarantee of a job or PR at the end of it

Enjoy every moment of your life... you only have one...live your dreams!

olias
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on Daunted... kick some ass girl.

Anything could happen to your comfy life in the UK too. 9/11 happened to mine... who knew?! (Well, possibly the CIA but that's for another thread)

If you don't take the opportunity and grab it, you'll never find out ....

The future's uncertain whichever country you're in....
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

OK moment passed
Cheers guys xx
Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Good girl.

Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:37 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
OK moment passed
Cheers guys xx
don't worry this feeling will come and go usually whilst in bed at night so you cant sleep
Old Jun 17th 2007, 3:57 pm
chippy

premkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the roughpremkit is a jewel in the rough

The he be ge bees hit us all, usually towards the end of this long process. going with no family to lean on is hard, and there will be bad times,tears and tantrums. this is life as the new ex pat, but the good times will be huge. Your wonderful kids will keep you smiling and crying.

youll be rite

Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

.............I plan to sell my house, give up my job and take my children to the other side of the world where I have no idea what is waiting for me. I will have no family support and will be providing the only income to the house. All of a sudden I am shit scared
Hey, you'll be fine

As you know, I'm doing exactly the same and like you at times have started to get really worried. My main worry is if we are going to manage financially. I have started to doubt everything that had set in my mind. Wondering if I should look for a different job, keep changing my mind about suburbs etc.

It gets that bad at times it keeps me awake at night. I'm still going to do it though

If you feel like having a moan or some support give me a shout. I'm heading to Brisbane, have forgotten where you're going. Maybe we could meet up if youre going to the same place so at least we'll know someone

How old are your kids? Mine are girl of 16 and a boy of 11.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone - I know its probably not the last time it will hit me before i head off - just surprised me quite how quickly it happened today
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hey, you'll be fine

As you know, I'm doing exactly the same and like you at times have started to get really worried. My main worry is if we are going to manage financially. I have started to doubt everything that had set in my mind. Wondering if I should look for a different job, keep changing my mind about suburbs etc.

It gets that bad at times it keeps me awake at night. I'm still going to do it though

If you feel like having a moan or some support give me a shout. I'm heading to Brisbane, have forgotten where you're going. Maybe we could meet up if youre going to the same place so at least we'll know someone

How old are your kids? Mine are girl of 16 and a boy of 11.
Glad to see Im not the only one LOL
Im heading to Australia that much is certain although teh exact destination changes on a regular basis. I am hoping that by the time i actually get the visa i will have made my mind up - if not then its a big campervan and a tour
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see Im not the only one LOL
Im heading to Australia that much is certain although teh exact destination changes on a regular basis. I am hoping that by the time i actually get the visa i will have made my mind up - if not then its a big campervan and a tour
Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ooooooooooooh and my kids are 14 & 11. the 19year old one will validate then return to UK to finish his degree. Not sure if Oz is still his dream or not but at least i will have given him the opportunity
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im at the moment frightened myself.

I liken this immigration process to being constipated - uncomfortable at times, and damned painful at others.

And things will be alot better when we have passed the hard bits as in medical and police checks.

So there

(nervously runs off)
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:22 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im at the moment frightened myself.

I liken this immigration process to being constipated - uncomfortable at times, and damned painful at others.

And things will be alot better when we have passed the hard bits as in medical and police checks.

So there

(nervously runs off)
yup! and then when its all done and dusted and you get the visa grant...you get the runs!!!
PANIC!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:32 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
yup! and then when its all done and dusted and you get the visa grant...you get the runs!!!
PANIC!
I think we can safely liken the visa grant to a damn good laxative.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.