Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point of.

What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point of.

Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Castlebar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point of.

What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point of view. Indeed are there any advantages at ?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point

Originally Posted by Castlebar
What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point of view. Indeed are there any advantages at ?
Not sure what you mean, sorry. Advantages in terms of what? Being able to migrate to a Commonwealth country more easily? You'll probably need to give some more info if you're to receive responses

If you are talking in terms of migration, I can only respond from the opposite perspective. Being a citizen and passport holder of a Commonwealth country (Australia) wishing to move to the UK with my British citizen husband gives me no advantage at all. We are subject to the same financial, character and health requirements as people from any other country you care to name, except those in the EU/EEA.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are the advantages of the Commonwealth from a British passport holders point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Being a citizen and passport holder of a Commonwealth country (Australia) wishing to move to the UK with my British citizen husband gives me no advantage at all.
However as a citizen of a Commonwealth country living in the UK you will be able to vote in elections - something that is not given the other way round.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:55 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
However as a citizen of a Commonwealth country living in the UK you will be able to vote in elections - something that is not given the other way round.
True? I didn't know that! Beauty - the Tories have just made another enemy.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
True? I didn't know that! Beauty - the Tories have just made another enemy.
Yep - http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...toral-register
Old Oct 7th 2013, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Cheers for the info roaringmouse
Old Oct 7th 2013, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Castlebar is an unknown quantity at this point

Suppose I am coming at this from a migration point of view. I cannot see any advantage at all !
Old Oct 7th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Suppose I am coming at this from a migration point of view. I cannot see any advantage at all !
Not as such, did you expect different?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond reputeTheCreature has a reputation beyond repute

If it was still 1954 you would have been sorted.... but its not.. so you're out of luck.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:16 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

The Commonwealth is just an organisation of countries. Ask someone from India or SA if they get same "benefits" as Brits and Canucks when traveling to Aust. No.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

None.