Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We've got a Whale in our bay

Wikiposts

We've got a Whale in our bay

Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've got a Whale in our bay

Originally Posted by possoms
been out for last few hours watching him/her, absolutley brilliant

We have one too

Judging by her accent she's from Texas
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:41 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They are amazing. At this time of year we go and sit at a local look out and love watching them. It's even better when they come back down with their babies. I suggested to my lot we do a whale watching trip (found one that uses a catarmaran and I don't get sick on them) but no one seems keen so I might have to be a billy no mates

ah I've done the whale watching thing up in north WA bloody fabulous saw mums and babies also been on the catarmaran with dolphins could get used to having one of those.

anyway went back out when col came back from work but couldnt see him anymore hopefully hes gone on his way, it is pretty shallow here?

He was on the local news last night they showed ariel shots of him but cant seem to find a link, ah well he made my day

topped the family of Echidnas that were walking through the bush the other day gawd they are so cute

one of the main reasons we came to Oz is for the wildlife just lovin it
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by BayWhale
Hi possoms, my daughter lived in Swansea/Bicheno until a few years back and she rang me one day to tell me they were just off the coast.

I live in Hervey Bay and when the whales come here it's brilliant. They migrate up the coast to breed and then set off down south again. When they get to Fraser Island they come into the Bay and stay to play for a few days.

Enjoy them, they are magnificant creatures.
Fab ah its beautiful over that way was torn between here and there
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Different thread mate.

PMSL I like to multi tasking replies
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

been out for last few hours watching him/her, absolutley brilliant
isn't it just wonderful!!!
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
isn't it just wonderful!!!
LOL Yes
Old Jul 10th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

LOL Yes
i used to live opposite the beach in one of the most idealic spots on the east coast of australia...we would watch the whales migrate north...right by us..what a site...

Enjoy it...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

Fab ah its beautiful over that way was torn between here and there
Gees, I'm a bit slow on the replies, only just learning my way around here.

Are the whales still hanging around your way?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by BayWhale
Gees, I'm a bit slow on the replies, only just learning my way around here.

Are the whales still hanging around your way?
LOL Hi I know gets a bit confusing, no shes gone now, someone said they thought it was a southern wright not many of those left.

it was fab seeing her but I was worried cos its pretty shallow here and apparently one did beach a few years ago

Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

LOL Hi I know gets a bit confusing, no shes gone now, someone said they thought it was a southern wright not many of those left.

it was fab seeing her but I was worried cos its pretty shallow here and apparently one did beach a few years ago

Possoms, it is so sad when they beach and no one seems to know why they do it.

Have you heard of Migaloo? He is a white humpback whale, I haven't heard of any sightings yet this year and he has only called in here a couple of times. I would love to see him and if he calls in this year I'll be one of the first on a whale watching boat hoping to see him. I can't find the words to explain what it is like to be out on the ocean with them so close you feel you could lean over and touch them. Gives me goose pimples to think about it
Old Jul 15th 2007, 2:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

no well I did take some but to be honest just looked like a floating log

I never thought they would come in down here? seen them up north WA before just didnt expect them in Tas
How do you know it isn't just a floating log then?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How do you know it isn't just a floating log then?
erm do logs usually have blow holes and tails?
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

erm do logs usually have blow holes and tails?
You offer a good argument but I'm still not convinced.........the truth is out there.......