been out for last few hours watching him/her, absolutley brilliant
cool, any piccies?
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:26 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We've got a Whale in our bay

Originally Posted by gedge
cool, any piccies?
no well I did take some but to be honest just looked like a floating log

I never thought they would come in down here? seen them up north WA before just didnt expect them in Tas
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:32 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by possoms

I never thought they would come in down here? seen them up north WA before just didnt expect them in Tas
yeah must be lost, it's too damn cold down there at this time of year
tell them to come to see me at Whale beach, they should know where it is
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

Hi possoms, my daughter lived in Swansea/Bicheno until a few years back and she rang me one day to tell me they were just off the coast.

I live in Hervey Bay and when the whales come here it's brilliant. They migrate up the coast to breed and then set off down south again. When they get to Fraser Island they come into the Bay and stay to play for a few days.

Enjoy them, they are magnificant creatures.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Wow, i would love to see a whale. Great animals.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:41 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have thought it would risk going near the Tasmanian coast.

Think how many Taswegians that could feed!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh Possums thats great.....brilliant
we get them up in Bryon Bay a fair bit in season, its magic isnt it.

Last year, a chum was fishing & we were just sitting there, as you do, the hugest moon was rising on the horizon, silhouetted against it was a whale breaching for ages - it was one of those 'never forget' moments.
A real shame my mates blind as a bat and couldnt see that far
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:44 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

They come every year to Logans Beach nr Warrnambool (Victoria) to give birth - stay from May/June though till September, before heading south back to the Antarctic.
Maybe, one of ours has come down to Tassie for a mini-break.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:56 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:09 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Different thread mate.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They are amazing. At this time of year we go and sit at a local look out and love watching them. It's even better when they come back down with their babies. I suggested to my lot we do a whale watching trip (found one that uses a catarmaran and I don't get sick on them) but no one seems keen so I might have to be a billy no mates
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:39 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
They are amazing. At this time of year we go and sit at a local look out and love watching them. It's even better when they come back down with their babies. I suggested to my lot we do a whale watching trip (found one that uses a catarmaran and I don't get sick on them) but no one seems keen so I might have to be a billy no mates
I'll do it with you when I come up to see Phoenix end of the month !
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I'll do it with you when I come up to see Phoenix end of the month !
Cool.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 12:35 am
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Cool.
PM me if you are free on the 27th or 30th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.