British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   We've been here a year today.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/weve-been-here-year-today-392794/)

willmore Aug 25th 2006 12:22 pm

Re: We've been here a year today....

Originally Posted by fraser
It's been a hard year what with building a house and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone, my advice would be to settle first.

I'm determined that the second year is going to be better and we're really looking forward to the summer.

As for work, well I can't get anything apart from casual which is a pain as I get pissed off if they don't call and pissed off when they do as I need the work but it's bloody boring and hard graft when I get it.

Onwards and upwards.

Congratulations on surviving your first year. Keep that positive attitude friend, good things will be coming your way soon!

The A Team Aug 25th 2006 12:30 pm

It's been a hard year what with building a house and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone, my advice would be to settle first.

I'm determined that the second year is going to be better and we're really looking forward to the summer.

As for work, well I can't get anything apart from casual which is a pain as I get pissed off if they don't call and pissed off when they do as I need the work but it's bloody boring and hard graft when I get it.

Onwards and upwards.

Congratulations mate :beer: :beer:

Bordy Aug 25th 2006 1:05 pm

Congrats Fraser, one whole year & not one complaint. :)

rossifumi Aug 25th 2006 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Congrats Fraser, one whole year & not one complaint. :)

Laughing! :D

Ransi Aug 25th 2006 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Laughing! :D

Im LMFAO...!! :D

sorry Fraser

rossifumi Aug 25th 2006 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im LMFAO...!! :D

sorry Fraser

PMSL at you LYFAO...!! :D ;)

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
PMSL at you LYFAO...!! :D ;)

:p Mate to be honest i don't thing I've complained about the country just about certain experiences which could have happened anywhere.

I wait with baited breath for you to trawl through my posts and prove me wrong :p

flip Aug 25th 2006 2:23 pm

Hi Fraser

Sorry to hear you still haven't got proper work. We're having fun with paper rounds anc cleaning cafe tables at the moment but still hoping to get something better soon.

Have you tried a change of career. They're crying out for prison officers - OH did it for a while but it was miles away from us, near Barwon Heads I think and that may be nearer to you. Pays about $45k during training and more when you start the shift pattern. Also posties on motorbikes pay ok and it's supposed to be a grand job. Have to be less than 90kg for Health and safety and you'd fit that easily. Nice thing about that one is it finishes about 2pm so you've time to job hunt for other stuff and spend time with the kids.

I agree it's bloody hard. We've been looking for 9 months now and it's finding something that pays enough to buy a second car or we can fit around school hours but it's difficult to complain when we've landed somewhere so fabulous I guess.

Enjoy your second year.

Flip

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by flip
Hi Fraser

Sorry to hear you still haven't got proper work. We're having fun with paper rounds anc cleaning cafe tables at the moment but still hoping to get something better soon.

Have you tried a change of career. They're crying out for prison officers - OH did it for a while but it was miles away from us, near Barwon Heads I think and that may be nearer to you. Pays about $45k during training and more when you start the shift pattern. Also posties on motorbikes pay ok and it's supposed to be a grand job. Have to be less than 90kg for Health and safety and you'd fit that easily. Nice thing about that one is it finishes about 2pm so you've time to job hunt for other stuff and spend time with the kids.

I agree it's bloody hard. We've been looking for 9 months now and it's finding something that pays enough to buy a second car or we can fit around school hours but it's difficult to complain when we've landed somewhere so fabulous I guess.

Enjoy your second year.

Flip

Thanks Flip, it's nice to hear from you.

Prison officer isn't really my bag to be honest, been on the other side.

But appreciate the advise all the same.

flip Aug 25th 2006 2:46 pm

Thanks Flip, it's nice to hear from you.

Prison officer isn't really my bag to be honest, been on the other side.

But appreciate the advise all the same.

Hi, wasn't really oh's bag either, didn't really fancy checking out the inmates' bumholes for some reason.

fraser Aug 25th 2006 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by flip
Hi, wasn't really oh's bag either, didn't really fancy checking out the inmates' bumholes for some reason.

:scared: :scared:

melibeam Aug 25th 2006 2:58 pm

Well done on surviving the first year Fraser. Heres to a much better second year for you! :beer: Good luck :D

Mel

breezeboylan Aug 25th 2006 4:24 pm

Congratulations on making it through your first year as I know from reading your posts it hasn't been easy for you. Heres hoping the next one will be easier for you all ;)
Tracie

Buzzy--Bee Aug 25th 2006 5:48 pm

Hi mate, your experiences are great inspiration. If you can still be smiling and positive after everything you've been through especially with trying to get registered as an Oz plumber etc then you are a legend! Look forward to meeting you in November for my tour of West Melbourne!

:beer:

Buzzy

fraser Aug 25th 2006 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi mate, your experiences are great inspiration. If you can still be smiling and positive after everything you've been through especially with trying to get registered as an Oz plumber etc then you are a legend! Look forward to meeting you in November for my tour of West Melbourne!

:beer:

Buzzy

Cheers all, and see you in november buzzy :beer: