British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   We've been here a year today.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/weve-been-here-year-today-392794/)

fraser Aug 25th 2006 10:19 pm

We've been here a year today....

It's been a hard year what with building a house and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone, my advice would be to settle first.

I'm determined that the second year is going to be better and we're really looking forward to the summer.

As for work, well I can't get anything apart from casual which is a pain as I get pissed off if they don't call and pissed off when they do as I need the work but it's bloody boring and hard graft when I get it.

Onwards and upwards.

BertieB Aug 25th 2006 10:21 pm

Re: We've been here a year today....

Happy Anniversary

fraser Aug 25th 2006 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by BertieB
Happy Anniversary

Thanks I was going to do a really in depth post, but I couldn't be arsed :D

I'd like to thank all those that have given me good advice and encouragment :)

BertieB Aug 25th 2006 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Thanks I was going to do a really in depth post, but I couldn't be arsed :D

mind now, the 1st anniversary is paper.......need some bog roll :D

hilary6 Aug 25th 2006 11:02 pm

Bloody hell Fraser thats flew in!!!
:beer: heres to the next 12 months mate :beer:

xxxxx

The Crow Aug 25th 2006 11:05 pm

That does seem to have flown by. Good luck for the next 12 months and thereafter - I'm sure you and Rachel are due for a good run of it!!

Rachel

karenjc Aug 25th 2006 11:31 pm

Onwards and upwards and good luck :beer:

Stitch Aug 25th 2006 11:33 pm

It's been a hard year what with building a house and I wouldn't recomend it to anyone, my advice would be to settle first.

I'm determined that the second year is going to be better and we're really looking forward to the summer.

As for work, well I can't get anything apart from casual which is a pain as I get pissed off if they don't call and pissed off when they do as I need the work but it's bloody boring and hard graft when I get it.

Onwards and upwards.

Wow, ths is a day for celebrations. Here's to you and yours. Second year will be better :D

Cheers

Ginny

Hutch Aug 25th 2006 11:35 pm

Onwards and upwards.

Nice one Fraser. Hoping for a triumphant second anniversary post from you and yours. :)

fraser Aug 25th 2006 11:50 pm

Thanks all :)

wengerboy Aug 25th 2006 11:53 pm

Onwards and upwards.

good to see you`ve still got you`re chin up mate!
gone well quick has`nt it :scared:

Wendy Aug 26th 2006 12:10 am

Onwards and upwards.

Congratultions on making it to your first anniversary mate, you truly are an insperation to us all and I hope that in a years, when the hubby can't get a job, time I can still have a positive outlook. :)

mackinnon Aug 26th 2006 12:14 am

Onwards and upwards.

That's the spirit old chap! :beer:

Paul&Nic Aug 26th 2006 12:15 am

Onwards and upwards.

Fa sure!

2nd year will go down as 'the job year' .... :)

CasG Aug 26th 2006 12:18 am

So it a whole year since we picked you all up from the airport and we thought....who the **** are we letting into Australia !??!

Well, I'm glad we didn't run away and leave you to it.....even though you can be a miserable git, Rachel and the boys are lovely. :D

Sure things will start to be on the up now - and that lovely summer will be had.

Cas x