Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Werribee Curry house

Werribee Curry house

Old Mar 24th 2012, 1:47 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Werribee Curry house

It's been a while since I've had chance to get on here. We have finally realised the Australian dream and are living in our beautifully built house close to Werribee. However, we have one problem! I know there is a decent curry house around here somewhere - I just don't know what it's called!

Please help
Old Mar 24th 2012, 10:29 pm
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Werribee Curry house

Kohinoor, Geelong.

Best one we have found but it might be a little far for you.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 11:36 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

That's not too far as I work in Waurn Ponds but I know there's also one in Werribee that people go to and that would be closer
Old Mar 26th 2012, 1:25 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Lol well some people think its the back of beyond

Hope you find the one in Werribee
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

We don't like Kohinoor!! Our fave is Khan Curry Hut (there are 3 in Geelong CBD). I know I like it cos the owner knows me now and greets me like a long lost friend when he delivers!!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
We don't like Kohinoor!! Our fave is Khan Curry Hut (there are 3 in Geelong CBD). I know I like it cos the owner knows me now and greets me like a long lost friend when he delivers!!
Thats a BAD sign...

Had a good curry house in shocko... But ONE bad meal outs put me off going back or reccommending it to anyone else now..

Suppose in the spirit of forgiveness I should really give them a second go..

Would be unaustralian not to
Old Mar 26th 2012, 2:13 am
Permanent Resident

We used to eat at the Khan Curry Hut until we had a bad meal, once you let go but 3 times in a row then something is wrong, I can still see my friends samosa flying off her plate onto the floor as she tried to cut it, in the end we gave up and found new pastures.

Not had a bad meal yet at the Kohinoor.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
We used to eat at the Khan Curry Hut until we had a bad meal, once you let go but 3 times in a row then something is wrong, I can still see my friends samosa flying off her plate onto the floor as she tried to cut it, in the end we gave up and found new pastures.

Not had a bad meal yet at the Kohinoor.
I'm only talking take aways so it could be that we've been lucky with ours at Khan and not at Kohinoor!!

Maybe I'll give Kohinoor another try, to be fair we tried it when new to Australia so it may be better now we've acclimatised to Aussie curry!
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:28 am
Permanent Resident

I'm only talking take aways so it could be that we've been lucky with ours at Khan and not at Kohinoor!!

Maybe I'll give Kohinoor another try, to be fair we tried it when new to Australia so it may be better now we've acclimatised to Aussie curry!
ah we have had a few takeaways from both of them and never had a problem. The OH says that the madras and vindaloo are more like what we were used to back in the UK. I have to say that the tikka massala isnt to bad either from the Kohinoor.

If you buy the local entertainment book you can get vouchers for both of the restaurants and the Kohinoor allows you to use the voucher twice.