were in the sh1t

Old Oct 11th 2007, 2:58 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default were in the sh1t

a lesson to be learned here i thinks...

when buying a property dont let you heart rule your brain,and dont sign the papers two days after getting off the plane suffering from jet lag...

i had a day off work today to just get things moving on our refurb.we had plans to have an above ground pool ,that was to be surrounded by decking..
we had planned it was going to cost about 20k...

that was until today,i had a chap in to look at pulling out a couple of tree stumps.i had an idea there may be a problem with our drainage,but i had no idea it was going to cost 15k minimum..to replace it all..

flippin hell ah....

so it looks like we wont be getting a pool,and jus to top the day off,the pump has packed up on the aircon...500+

just a typical day in the aston household....
Old Oct 11th 2007, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: were in the sh1t

Crap... not what you really needed. Even if you had gone and got a survey, would they have picked up on the drain situation? Probably not.. you still have a nice house in a great place and the Wet 'n Wild is just down the road! and a good pub to drown your sorrows Still better than living in the 'burbs.

Silver linings and all that

32 degrees on Saturday!!!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 4:02 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

were going to have to meet up you know chis,,have a few beers and tell each other how great life is...
Old Oct 11th 2007, 4:33 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aston man

when buying a property dont let you heart rule your brain,and dont sign the papers two days after getting off the plane suffering from jet lag...

i had a day off work today to just get things moving on our refurb.we had plans to have an above ground pool ,that was to be surrounded by decking..

that was until today,i had a chap in to look at pulling out a couple of tree stumps.i had an idea there may be a problem with our drainage,but i had no idea it was going to cost 15k minimum..to replace it all..

flippin hell ah....

so it looks like we wont be getting a pool,and jus to top the day off,the pump has packed up on the aircon...500+

I 'DID' think that perhaps you were a little hasty at first!

Good luck Ast anyway, in whatever you decide to do!

I've heard Brisbane's nice this time of year!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

We've had problems with tree roots a couple of times, the plumber with his electric eel is very expensive

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Some people plant trees in the sillliest of places with no thought of how big they will grow.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

flippin hell ah....

hey cheer up Ast - you still have your dashing good lucks to survive on (she says tongue in cheek referring to Ast's avatar)
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i feel for you mate. hope it all works out
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

Hey what the hell its only money, got to buy that boat too.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Thats a shame , Aston. Look on the bright side . Looks like you bought in the right area :

"The Kalamunda-Mundaring sector recorded the strongest growth, of 7 per cent, followed by the Armadale-Serpentine, Canning and Wanneroo north-east sectors"

All the best !
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:52 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sh*t Marcus..that's crap mate
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:33 am
Banned

a quick update on the drains...just priced up the materials there going to cost three grand..,,so im struggling a bit to get the figures to 15,,strange but true...i would of thought a rock breaker in about a grand a day,only one days work...

then a week to put the drainage in.?11 grand labour..

hit another couple of obstacles,if you put up a decking here,and its over 500mm high you have to treat it as a balcony and double the size of the timbers you use...

you never know this might help someone...
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=aston man;5411800]a quick update on the drains...just priced up the materials there going to cost three grand..,,so im struggling a bit to get the figures to 15,,strange but true...i would of thought a rock breaker in about a grand a day,only one days work...

Bugger.. i am in the wrong job..

that is an increadible mark up for labour.. have you tried shopping around?

We need to fix our balcony before one of us ends up do a comedy routine and falling through it so interested in prices
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=chrispy;5411811]
a quick update on the drains...just priced up the materials there going to cost three grand..,,so im struggling a bit to get the figures to 15,,strange but true...i would of thought a rock breaker in about a grand a day,only one days work...

Bugger.. i am in the wrong job..

that is an increadible mark up for labour.. have you tried shopping around?

We need to fix our balcony before one of us ends up do a comedy routine and falling through it so interested in prices
What a bugger!!! How about a nice big spa instead??
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:13 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sj oldfield;5412464]
Originally Posted by chrispy
What a bugger!!! How about a nice big spa instead??
Yeah - but look on the bright side..... have those two flies been back today to bother you?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

hit another couple of obstacles,if you put up a decking here,and its over 500mm high you have to treat it as a balcony and double the size of the timbers you use...

you never know this might help someone...
We`ve been getting quotes for a pegola,decking and pool and have noted differences of $20,ooo-$30,000 for same jobs.Stating the obvious,have you had several quotes done? I`ve found people often give completely different information.Also check your $20,000 estimate for pool.Does that include landscaping,paving,cartageetc?There are so many hidden costs in pool building................Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.