Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We're on our way to the Sunshine Coast FINALLY!!

We're on our way to the Sunshine Coast FINALLY!!

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough
Default We're on our way to the Sunshine Coast FINALLY!!

Hi Folks,

I first came on here over 4 years ago, and now, all this time on, were finally off! Me, Hubby and 3 children of 9, 6 and 5. We've had our visa's over 3 years, just been sat on that fence for a bit, but hubby has got his redundancy so we've bit the bullet as they say.

We've let the house, moved in with friends for a week, goodbye parties at the weekend and fly out to Brisbane with Singapore airlines next tuesday 28th October, I still have to pinch myself that we're actually doing it. We just seemed to have been so settled the last few years, lovely house, school over road and fantastic friends, all living in walking distance, handy for the wine!! I am quiet an emotional person but seem to be surviving so far!

We are staying in a lovely hotel in maroochydore for 4 weeks, hopefully choose a school then get a rental in the Buderim/maroochydore/mooloolaba area!! Our stuff went with White and Company nearly two weeks weeks ago in a 20ft solo container so hoping to be in somewhere with our stuff by Christmas!!!! Father-in-law coming out in January so kids will look forward that!!

Well thats my update so wish us luck!!, I'll update you all in a few weeks!!

Sally, Stu, Devon, Jade & Fin xx
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

rossy28 will become famous soon enoughrossy28 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We're on our way to the Sunshine Coast FINALLY!!

Congratulations!!!

We are hoping to get our visa any day now and are heading to Buderim on
1st jan..

Good luck!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:58 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pukka pom
Hi Folks,

I first came on here over 4 years ago, and now, all this time on, were finally off! Me, Hubby and 3 children of 9, 6 and 5. We've had our visa's over 3 years, just been sat on that fence for a bit, but hubby has got his redundancy so we've bit the bullet as they say.

We've let the house, moved in with friends for a week, goodbye parties at the weekend and fly out to Brisbane with Singapore airlines next tuesday 28th October, I still have to pinch myself that we're actually doing it. We just seemed to have been so settled the last few years, lovely house, school over road and fantastic friends, all living in walking distance, handy for the wine!! I am quiet an emotional person but seem to be surviving so far!

We are staying in a lovely hotel in maroochydore for 4 weeks, hopefully choose a school then get a rental in the Buderim/maroochydore/mooloolaba area!! Our stuff went with White and Company nearly two weeks weeks ago in a 20ft solo container so hoping to be in somewhere with our stuff by Christmas!!!! Father-in-law coming out in January so kids will look forward that!!

Well thats my update so wish us luck!!, I'll update you all in a few weeks!!

Sally, Stu, Devon, Jade & Fin xx
Nice one made up for you think thats the area we will end up Mountain creek . little mountain???
So you will have to keep us informed of your findings,

Just out of interest what has your solo container cost all inc?

Thanks

Dougie
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:54 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck and enjoy your new life
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your move & all the best to you all Look forward to updates once you're settled.

Alison x
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and I cannot think of a nicer place to start than maroochydore