Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Wellington Point - Real estate

Wellington Point - Real estate

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

goingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to allgoingozwards2007 is a name known to all
Default Wellington Point - Real estate

We are due to fly to Brisbane on 25th July, and are looking at rentals online.

We have just seen a really nice place which looks ideal, and have just sent e-mail to enquire about it to agents.

We are fortunate that we know someone who lives locally and can view the property on our behalf, but does anyone know if we could rent it from UK, so that we can have it ready for us when we arrive?

The property is available 3 days before we leave here, but we would be happy to pay for it from then to secure it, if the viewing goes well.

I am going to try and ring them again tomorrow, because i have tried earlier but couldn't get an answer.

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:48 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wellington Point - Real estate

Originally Posted by goingozwards2007
We are due to fly to Brisbane on 25th July, and are looking at rentals online.

We have just seen a really nice place which looks ideal, and have just sent e-mail to enquire about it to agents.

We are fortunate that we know someone who lives locally and can view the property on our behalf, but does anyone know if we could rent it from UK, so that we can have it ready for us when we arrive?

The property is available 3 days before we leave here, but we would be happy to pay for it from then to secure it, if the viewing goes well.

I am going to try and ring them again tomorrow, because i have tried earlier but couldn't get an answer.

Thanks
Could be very hard from the U.K. It is hard enough once you are actually in Australia!! We had to produce loads of ID to get anywhere near a rental property. You will also probably be competing against many other people for the same property. The rental market in Brisbane is in favour of the land lords....they are normally in the position to pick and choose their tenants.