Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

well priced SLR camera's online?

well priced SLR camera's online?

Old Oct 22nd 2011, 9:05 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: well priced SLR camera's online?

Originally Posted by Bix
I'm not sure that is correct BS.

I have a Canon warranty card in front of me for an Ixus digital camera bought in Dick Smiths and and it states it is only valid in Australia and New Zealand.

Also if you look at the Canon.com website it says their warranties only cover USA and Canada.

makes no difference to the price differential of course.
Sorry my comment was meant for SLRs only, if you have an EOS range camera then you can warranty claim it anywhere in the world. The card may be registered in one country but their worldwide service centers will fix anywhere
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 9:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Sorry my comment was meant for SLRs only, if you have an EOS range camera then you can warranty claim it anywhere in the world. The card may be registered in one country but their worldwide service centers will fix anywhere
Ah, I have one from the EOS range.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 10:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, I'm with it.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
I bought a new Pentax SLR body earlier this year and looked at all the options. The grey imports were only marginally cheaper (Pentax have very fair pricing in Australia compared to Canon etc) so I went for a local supplier and full local guarantee. For the first time in many years I got a dud camera (last one was a Nikon) and the LCD screen just did not work.

I rang the local branch of the supplier and they had a replacement for me within a week. I hate to think how long it may have taken via a third party warranty and having to ship the faulty camera back to HK or wherever for verification of the fault.

BTW do you all read the reviews at www.dpreview.com ? The forums there are well worth browsing before you purchase.
To continue:

The replacement camera broke down a couple of months ago. Back to the shop it went - the shutter release mechanism had broken. It was repaired under guarantee (cost as much as a new camera). I then bought an extended guarantee (5 years for $60). Seemed like a good deal.

Have you seen http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/category/dslr-cameras/
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 11:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought my Nikon from HK and saved about $600, it has a 3 year worldwide warranty including pick up and delivery by courier.

Originally Posted by Bix
I'm not sure that is correct BS.

I have a Canon warranty card in front of me for an Ixus digital camera bought in Dick Smiths and and it states it is only valid in Australia and New Zealand.

Also if you look at the Canon.com website it says their warranties only cover USA and Canada.

makes no difference to the price differential of course.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Canon warranties are global, therefore the warranty is valid anywhere. I don't believe Nikon have this.

So in short, it doesn't matter if you buy a grey import from Canon as it will still be valid here
That isn't quite correct - for Canon bodies (SLR or point/shoot) and non 'L' lenses the warranty isn't global. The only Canon warranties I've come across that are global are for their 'L' (i.e. f$cking expensive) lenses.

Cheers

LG
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 2:39 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
That isn't quite correct - for Canon bodies (SLR or point/shoot) and non 'L' lenses the warranty isn't global. The only Canon warranties I've come across that are global are for their 'L' (i.e. f$cking expensive) lenses.

Cheers

LG
That's interesting, as I was of the belief this was always the case with Canon's EOS range, even before digital. I was also told porkies then when I bought my 7D by the salesman.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting, as I was of the belief this was always the case with Canon's EOS range, even before digital. I was also told porkies then when I bought my 7D by the salesman.
Next thing you'll be saying that the photos on realestate.com.au are fictitious!
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the beautiful thing arrived today.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

just ordered a nikon D7000 from www.simpleyelectronics.net. got a very good price, grey import but they have an inhouse warrenty.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
My 60d arrives from them tomorrow.
snap i had a 60d bought for me for my birthday in august this year and ive taken over 10,000 pictures since takes some getting use to but its an awsome piece of kit once you get into it,

have fun

steve
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
snap i had a 60d bought for me for my birthday in august this year and ive taken over 10,000 pictures since takes some getting use to but its an awsome piece of kit once you get into it,

have fun

steve
10k pics!

I'm loving it so far.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:45 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budda1
Hi, does anyone know any reputable web sites for buying goods outside WA (any good USA sites aswell), looking to buy a Sony A33 SLR camera or similar, thanks in advance.
www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Still got mine cheaper.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 11:11 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
10k pics!

I'm loving it so far.
You have reminded me to get a bigger memory card for my camera.

If I could marry my camera I would, oh yes, checked the lenses that came with it and they are canon lenses.

Post some of your best shots Alfresco,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.