Well I never....

Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well I never....

...I have been working here in this office for 2 years now and don't really mix much with other tennants in the office - so was surprised when this woman from the office opposite came through and asked for a favour as their printer was out of action. A lovely Yorkshire accent - a pleasure to hear after so long here - I just found that chatting to her we come from the same area and worked and lived close by. Will have to invite her to the Ex Pat Canberra meet up later this year.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:38 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well I never....

Nice one, and how are you feeling today?

A little less sore I hope!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Nice one, and how are you feeling today?

A little less sore I hope!
Slightly better - thanks - got some of that sage stuff for the bath and had a long hot soak - and a brandy (or two).....have just taken some pics of the garden in some of the many stages so here is what all the pain has been about so far...
Attached Thumbnails Well I never....-garden-september-018.jpg   Well I never....-garden-september-017.jpg   Well I never....-garden-september-016.jpg  
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:28 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Slightly better - thanks - got some of that sage stuff for the bath and had a long hot soak - and a brandy (or two).....have just taken some pics of the garden in some of the many stages so here is what all the pain has been about so far...

Looks Fab! Although not nice to have all the pain you had, hope it'll all be worth it in the end! So far, as I said, looks great!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:30 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

...I have been working here in this office for 2 years now and don't really mix much with other tennants in the office - so was surprised when this woman from the office opposite came through and asked for a favour as their printer was out of action. A lovely Yorkshire accent - a pleasure to hear after so long here - I just found that chatting to her we come from the same area and worked and lived close by. Will have to invite her to the Ex Pat Canberra meet up later this year.

lol, so thats where everyone is going to from round here!!!

cool sas, really nice when you meet a like-minded local !

sue xxx

ps, glad you explained the sore reference
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Thats not 'gardening', thats complete landscape management! I had visions of you wearing nice cute gardening gloves while kneeling on a mat and weeding the French Marigolds (male cheuvanistic trate showing there) - not digging and landscaping and designing. No wonder it took 10 hours and sore bits

Nice going tho, could you do ours?
Old Sep 12th 2007, 10:53 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's looking good so far sas, keep up the good work, but next time maybe only 5 hours at a time eh!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by walkermat
Thats not 'gardening', thats complete landscape management! I had visions of you wearing nice cute gardening gloves while kneeling on a mat and weeding the French Marigolds (male cheuvanistic trate showing there) - not digging and landscaping and designing. No wonder it took 10 hours and sore bits

Me in gloves????

Marigolds???

You really don't know me at all

Nice going tho, could you do ours?
erm - not on your nelly
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ub40fan
It's looking good so far sas, keep up the good work, but next time maybe only 5 hours at a time eh!
good advice - for this weekend coming I will do a limited amount.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:38 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

good advice - for this weekend coming I will do a limited amount.
and remember it is exercise so warm up stretches required

the garden looks great so wel done you it will be worth it in the long run
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol, so thats where everyone is going to from round here!!!

cool sas, really nice when you meet a like-minded local !

sue xxx

ps, glad you explained the sore reference
Hi sue,

It turned out even wierder today - I spoke with the woman from the opposite office (Debby) and she was saying she had been invited to a bbq this Saturday but wouldn't be going as she was busy but that it was someone called Carmel - this is the Carmel from BE and also she mentioned that she had met Lisa - another expat from BE - so this weekend I get to meet another BE couple.

There are certainly loads of Poms heading to Canberra - the secret is out
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Brilliant. It's great when you meet someone from an area you lived in UK. So much to talk about
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

walkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the roughwalkermat is a jewel in the rough

Hi sue,
There are certainly loads of Poms heading to Canberra - the secret is out
We saw some stats a while back and in a six month window 10000ish Brits had migrated to NSW, but in the same period only 12 to ACT! Think i was a while ago tho and i know ACT are really pushing for people so there could well be more coming there.

But if someone here (UK) asks me again 'Why Canberra?' (or worse, 'Wheres Canberra'?!!), i'll biff 'em Our main reason is you cant fly straight there, so more difficult to get to from UK hahahah (I am a bad person ).
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by walkermat
We saw some stats a while back and in a six month window 10000ish Brits had migrated to NSW, but in the same period only 12 to ACT! Think i was a while ago tho and i know ACT are really pushing for people so there could well be more coming there.

But if someone here (UK) asks me again 'Why Canberra?' (or worse, 'Wheres Canberra'?!!), i'll biff 'em Our main reason is you cant fly straight there, so more difficult to get to from UK hahahah (I am a bad person ).
I know the feeling - I even had an argument with a woman who kept telling me that Sydney was the capital city of Aus
Old Sep 15th 2007, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Well hello! Some of us have been here an awfully long time!!! Nearly 29 years and counting. Can't say that I have met too many Poms - not many that admit to it anyway!

Quoll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.