Well done London

Old May 22nd 2014, 10:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Well done London

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-trans...522-38qu8.html

Well Sydney on par for infrastructure and transport with Jakarta. ..... hmm ...

Sydney may need a few more open sewers to over take Jakarta
Old May 22nd 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well done London

I will never understand the attitude to transport in Sydney at political and media level.

When there are no new transport proposals the Sydney Morning Herald will jump up and down and say that nothing is being done to improve it.

And then the plans for the new tram system comes out (or any other new transport proposal) and it is ripped apart by the SMH and everything is totally negative and against it. They basically play up to the massive 4X4 car driving mummy school run set who have no interest in improving public transport systems.

Any way I like the idea of this further tram extension that will go down to Circular Quay and then back out to the SGC and UNSW / ANZAC Parade.

Anyone who has suffered the packed London tube fore a reasonable period knows that Sydney is not all that bad.

And at least we have a train line to the airport
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
I will never understand the attitude to transport in Sydney at political and media level.

When there are no new transport proposals the Sydney Morning Herald will jump up and down and say that nothing is being done to improve it.

And then the plans for the new tram system comes out (or any other new transport proposal) and it is ripped apart by the SMH and everything is totally negative and against it. They basically play up to the massive 4X4 car driving mummy school run set who have no interest in improving public transport systems.

Any way I like the idea of this further tram extension that will go down to Circular Quay and then back out to the SGC and UNSW / ANZAC Parade.

Anyone who has suffered the packed London tube fore a reasonable period knows that Sydney is not all that bad.

And at least we have a train line to the airport
Sydney could be better. Especially in the western subs but putting it one above Jakarta which has no public transport, open sewers, where it can take an hour to travel 5km's. Please.
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-trans...522-38qu8.html

Well Sydney on par for infrastructure and transport with Jakarta. ..... hmm ...

Sydney may need a few more open sewers to over take Jakarta
Yes, a ridiculous comparison

London is a great city but it will soon be completely gentrified - which is not cool
Old May 23rd 2014, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

"Sydney's costly public transport"....probably worked it out using exchange rates linked to the US dollar, rather than percentage of average income again...like all these dim surveys.
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yes, a ridiculous comparison

London is a great city but it will soon be completely gentrified - which is not cool
The chaps at my polo club would disagree dear boy.
Old May 23rd 2014, 1:56 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Syd's #1 in Liveability. I can deal with that. I have no issues with public transport or infrastructure, especially after the Opal card was finally implemented.
Old May 23rd 2014, 2:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
The chaps at my polo club would disagree dear boy.
Yep. It's alright for some!

London is turning into a city where British people only go to work and play, not live
Old May 24th 2014, 5:46 am
Just Joined

JP17 is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in London for 11 years, from age 18 until I was 29 when I moved to Brisbane in Australia. I loved my life in London, it was the most fantastic of times. Without any shadow of a doubt I would go back to live in London in a flash!!!

My Australian wife, who I met and married in London wont go back there though, and that is mainly because of London house prices....Even the surrounding towns of the home counties are getting very expensive, I know because I've done countless amounts of research on the matter!!

So I'm here in Brisbane which to be honest isnt a bad place to live in itself but a $1m or probably $2m lotto win and we'd have no excuses!!
Old May 29th 2014, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Your looking at the wrong list.... Tsk tsk.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...?frame=2311071
Old May 29th 2014, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JP17
I lived in London for 11 years, from age 18 until I was 29 when I moved to Brisbane in Australia. I loved my life in London, it was the most fantastic of times. Without any shadow of a doubt I would go back to live in London in a flash!!!

My Australian wife, who I met and married in London wont go back there though, and that is mainly because of London house prices....Even the surrounding towns of the home counties are getting very expensive, I know because I've done countless amounts of research on the matter!!

So I'm here in Brisbane which to be honest isnt a bad place to live in itself but a $1m or probably $2m lotto win and we'd have no excuses!!
If you're a city person try for Sydney or Melbourne , they aren't London but they're both great places to live , Brisbane is , imo , possibly the crappiest town in the crappiest state in Australia.
Old May 30th 2014, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BASHO
If you're a city person try for Sydney or Melbourne , they aren't London but they're both great places to live , Brisbane is , imo , possibly the crappiest town in the crappiest state in Australia.
But for some reason, it seems to grab the attention of the British Expat when looking to choose a city to live in
Old May 30th 2014, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

BASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond reputeBASHO has a reputation beyond repute

Well they did have an Expo in 1988 -----
Old May 30th 2014, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
But for some reason, it seems to grab the attention of the British Expat when looking to choose a city to live in
Presumably they're not all looking to replicate inner London...