Weekend Weather

Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:14 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weekend Weather

Gorgeous day here in Melbourne today. However, just look at the forecast for the weekend and it says 30 degree on Sunday. There is no way that I am going to be able to run the half marathon in that temperature. Went for a 5k today and I was sweating like a pig and as red as a beetroot!!

Anyone else running it on Sunday?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:12 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weekend Weather

Hi Vanessa,
Not running but trying to find the route info so I can check for road closures. Any idea where I can find the info as its going to bugger up my weekend of trying to drive into the city
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Gorgeous day here in Melbourne today. However, just look at the forecast for the weekend and it says 30 degree on Sunday. There is no way that I am going to be able to run the half marathon in that temperature. Went for a 5k today and I was sweating like a pig and as red as a beetroot!!

Look on the bright side its shite on this side unless you are a duck with a coat on, what I wouldn't give for some heat. Good luck by the way
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not doing the half, just the marafun I went for a run last night and it was so hot I nearly threw up.

Not that you needed to know that...

The info can be found on http://www.melbournemarathon.com.au/ sass.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you see that?
Weatherzone says 19 degrees for Sunday?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Pootle
Where did you see that?
Weatherzone says 19 degrees for Sunday?
BBC site. Hopefully it is wrong but it seems to change by the hour!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:12 am

Just did another search on BBC today and it says 14 for sunday - that's more like it
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Just did another search on BBC today and it says 14 for sunday - that's more like it
That explains it then - BBC site's always wrong!

Good luck for Sunday by the way!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by Pootle
That explains it then - BBC site's always wrong!

Good luck for Sunday by the way!
Thanks and good luck to Thrible - see you after in the bar in Fed Square for Champagne
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:20 am

gedge has disabled reputation

BBC site. Hopefully it is wrong but it seems to change by the hour!
try the BOM site here
it's where the local forecasters get their weather info from
Sunday Few showers. Min 13 Max 19
good luck with your run, is it your first halfie?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by gedge
try the BOM site here
it's where the local forecasters get their weather info from

good luck with your run, is it your first halfie?
Thanks for that. Looks like I will be running after all

Not my first one - i did Run to the G halfie in June but I was more prepared for that one. However, at least with this one it is the route I take most weekends, just don't get as far as The Arts Centre.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Went for a 5k today and I was sweating like a pig and as red as a beetroot!!

Blimey!!!!! Not a nice sight!!! :scared:

Anyway, good luck for Sunday you 'old lush', will be thinking of you!

Catch up with you next week.

Big Bird
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks and good luck to Thrible - see you after in the bar in Fed Square for Champagne
I'll be wearing a samsung digital top (LOL, like most people!) and cheering everyone through the finish line. One of my friends doing the 7.5 is terrified - she's a big lady and runs very slowly (but an absolute inspiration for her utter determination) - the furthest she's run before is 5 km in 40 minutes. I'll be there at the end screaming for her, probably about the time the halfies are coming in!!

Good luck