British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   a week of sleepless nights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/week-sleepless-nights-574210/)

rossy28 Nov 20th 2008 10:35 am

a week of sleepless nights

Im in a panic!!!!!!

have had meds finalised on 457 for myself and family 2 weeks ago and spoke to our co who said she was forwarding details to a manager regarding my convictions.

Ive got a drink drive ban in 2001 and 2 offences for theft from 17yrs ago which resulted in small fnes.

Got an email last night after we rang again saying our case is being "activley looked at and they will let us know"

Have i blown it for the whole family?
I declared the offences at the time of first applying for the visa so didnt hide anything.

think im going to have a nervous breakdown!!!!!!

sj oldfield Nov 20th 2008 10:38 am

Re: a week of sleepless nights

Originally Posted by rossy28 (Post 6992354)
Im in a panic!!!!!!

have had meds finalised on 457 for myself and family 2 weeks ago and spoke to our co who said she was forwarding details to a manager regarding my convictions.

Ive got a drink drive ban in 2001 and 2 offences for theft from 17yrs ago which resulted in small fnes.

Got an email last night after we rang again saying our case is being "activley looked at and they will let us know"

I declared the offences at the time of first applying for the visa so didnt hide anything.

I dont know how you will get on...............but wish you all the best!!

helena39 Nov 20th 2008 10:51 am

Originally Posted by rossy28 (Post 6992354)
Im in a panic!!!!!!

Hi,

Try not to worry. As far as I know once you haven't spent more than 12 months in prison then it should be ok. It was also a long time ago and I am sure you are an upstanding citizen. Best wishes to you.
Helena

rossy28 Nov 20th 2008 12:00 pm

thank you for your kind support

LouiseR Nov 20th 2008 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by rossy28 (Post 6992649)
thank you for your kind support

My husband had a conviction for possession of cannabis from 15 years ago (when it was class B) his conviction resulted in a fine and we got our visa just fine! I know each case is different but as OP said as long as you're upfront and haven't served 12months or more then generally you're ok.

rossy28 Nov 21st 2008 8:22 am

no news!!!

god another weekend full of worry!!!

MichPayne Dec 2nd 2008 5:57 am

So WILL we get our visa - convictions

Hi I'm having the same problem, my husband had a coviction for recieving stolen goods 24 years ago which resulted in a fine and our CO says he will have to refer it to his manager... worrying times as my job starts soon and we've had to make the decision to go and send our stuff... does anyone have any definitive answers!!

I haven't found our CO very helpful and he doesnt reply to my emails so not sure what to do about that? This whole thing is becoming a b****y nightmare everytime I think Im getting somewhere something else comes up, begining to wonder if were doing the right thing! :(

katsmajic Dec 2nd 2008 10:12 am

Dont panic, i had worse than that from only 9yrs ago - and we're here in Australia.
ATB :thumbup:

MichPayne Dec 2nd 2008 10:45 am

Hey thanks for that its great to know it can work out..Im just sooo tired and worried all the time at the moment:blink:

Glad you got there:thumbup:

rossy28 Dec 2nd 2008 12:04 pm

The visa was ganted yesterday!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!

helena39 Dec 2nd 2008 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by rossy28 (Post 7028912)
The visa was ganted yesterday!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, enjoy the celebrations :thumbsup::thumbsup: