Wedding anniversary

Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:17 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wedding anniversary

Today wins the award for the most rubbish of all wedding anniversaries. We went to Brisbane, collected 8 bags of rotten christmas day rubbish, 3 of which had been decimated by crows and took it to the tip at Willawong. On unloading, the bags broke and I got covered in lobster spew, we argued in a friendly sort of manner all day about

a. the smell of dead lobster (like I could around all day topless),
b. the lack of interest in shopping (his not mine)
c. the differences in requirements for the upcoming 3 weeks in Thailand and our lives in general (I want to go on holiday and work out what next when we get there, stuff all financial sense, join a hippy commune (with non smelly hippies) and go live in tibet, he doesnt want to be skint and wants to provide for the kids - I think children canto live out of a bag and experience different things and still end up well adjusted) - we did though both agree we wanted to go on the trans siberian so thats one thing

anyway, so apart from a cursory happy anniversary (from him) this morning, I actually had forgotten about it - it pretty much was ignored.

This doesnt bother me as if it did, I am sure we would have a fuss and I know that he would be happy to go along with whatever level of celebration I felt it deserved. Is it just me or do people really care about this sort of thing? My SIL says its the most important day of her life and that she married my brother with so much love that to her it shows a complete emotional deficit to feel like that.

Vive le difference I say
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:28 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wedding anniversary

Originally Posted by viviennef
Today wins the award for the most rubbish of all wedding anniversaries. We went to Brisbane, collected 8 bags of rotten christmas day rubbish, 3 of which had been decimated by crows and took it to the tip at Willawong. On unloading, the bags broke and I got covered in lobster spew, we argued in a friendly sort of manner all day about

a. the smell of dead lobster (like I could around all day topless),
b. the lack of interest in shopping (his not mine)
c. the differences in requirements for the upcoming 3 weeks in Thailand and our lives in general (I want to go on holiday and work out what next when we get there, stuff all financial sense, join a hippy commune (with non smelly hippies) and go live in tibet, he doesnt want to be skint and wants to provide for the kids - I think children canto live out of a bag and experience different things and still end up well adjusted) - we did though both agree we wanted to go on the trans siberian so thats one thing

anyway, so apart from a cursory happy anniversary (from him) this morning, I actually had forgotten about it - it pretty much was ignored.

This doesnt bother me as if it did, I am sure we would have a fuss and I know that he would be happy to go along with whatever level of celebration I felt it deserved. Is it just me or do people really care about this sort of thing? My SIL says its the most important day of her life and that she married my brother with so much love that to her it shows a complete emotional deficit to feel like that.

Vive le difference I say
I raise you my Christmas!
Old Dec 29th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding anniversary

There is always tomorrow.