Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We have sold the house

We have sold the house

Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default We have sold the house

OMG can't believe it we have sold the house, mad or what not even got our visa through yet.

Just thought i would update you all. Now I am thinking are we doing to right thing
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:21 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have sold the house

Congratulations! I think you've got the hardest bit out of the way!

We signed and exchanged our contracts this week too!

Jackie x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:32 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Congratulations! I think you've got the hardest bit out of the way!

Jackie x
Double congratulations !!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:46 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever
OMG can't believe it we have sold the house, mad or what not even got our visa through yet.

Just thought i would update you all. Now I am thinking are we doing to right thing
Congrats on getting your house sold. Bring on the visa now eh?

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

Jackie x
Congratulations Jackie, that's fab news.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:03 pm
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

congrats.

We move out of our house tomorrow. Then it's 6 month's with the inlaws before we move to Oz in January. We're going in July though first for a holiday to activate our visa's...........CAN'T WAIT
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

a massive congrats!!!!

if you get anyone else please send the up to Leeds.... we've got someone that say's they want ours but their house isn't only market yet and when the agent chased them this week they've had a leak so the need to get the insurance company in to put it right before they can sell it..... ithe market seems to be moving sooooo slow up here. We've had our visa's 3 weeks and I really wanted to be in Brisbane by September. Can't see that happening now.... unles we get a lottery win or divine intervention....

Never mind, I am really happy for you - hopefully your visa shouldn't be too long.

Shelley
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:07 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic.....wo wo.... Ems x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:11 pm
Banned

jasminejones is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! I'm sure your visa will arrive soon. Then you can really start to enjoy the thought of moving!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

CONGRATS. HOPE THINGS GO BETTER FOR THAN IT DID FOR US. WE WERE MEANT TO MOVE OUT NEXT WEEK, UNTIL A PROPERTY DEVELOPER PULLED THE RUG. JUST GET THAT EXCHANGE THRU AND THEN ITS HAPPY DAYS.
ALL THE BEST
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:37 pm
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations, so now it's 'just' waiting for your visa to get through, good luck

Miranda
Old Jun 21st 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Thanks to all the replies, we will have to find somewhere to live as just heard from estate agent they want to move in 8 weeks.

What a day. Good luck to others selling houses its stressful enough without emigrating as well.

Nicky

XX
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:53 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sheli0508
a massive congrats!!!!

if you get anyone else please send the up to Leeds.... we've got someone that say's they want ours but their house isn't only market yet and when the agent chased them this week they've had a leak so the need to get the insurance company in to put it right before they can sell it..... ithe market seems to be moving sooooo slow up here. We've had our visa's 3 weeks and I really wanted to be in Brisbane by September. Can't see that happening now.... unles we get a lottery win or divine intervention....

Never mind, I am really happy for you - hopefully your visa shouldn't be too long.

Shelley
Hi Shelley...its Janice from the meet.
Didnt know you d got your visas....congrats to you.
We ve had our house on the market now a month and not a sniff of a viewer even.Its soul destroying.
We too wanted to be in Brisbane by September but its looking unlikely now.
We may need to have a re think if we have no interest in the next couple of months.
Good luck to you and to everyone out there waiting to sell.
May see you at the next meet?
Janice x
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi Shelley...its Janice from the meet.
Didnt know you d got your visas....congrats to you.
We ve had our house on the market now a month and not a sniff of a viewer even.Its soul destroying.
We too wanted to be in Brisbane by September but its looking unlikely now.
We may need to have a re think if we have no interest in the next couple of months.
Good luck to you and to everyone out there waiting to sell.
May see you at the next meet?
Janice x
Hi Janice,

cheers, we got them about 3 weeks ago but to be honest it's been a bit of a wet blanket since. we didn't put thehouse on the market until mid May as everyone we talked to said it would be snapped up and we really didn't want to move ito rented until if and when our visa's came through - sods law markets slowed down and the only serious contender can't put their house on the market until they've had a leak fixed.... feel like we are treading water really.... keep buying loads of clothes for Mitchell and the kids - if we don't go sone we'll have nothing left to go with LOL!!! Looks like we may do a reccie later in the year if we have no joy.

what about you? You validated when you went out on the reccie - had you already lined up a job?? We could do with another meet - anyway other than the cornmill though...

take care & I hope u get a bite this weekend,

Shelley