Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

We Are Aussie Bast**ds Now!

We Are Aussie Bast**ds Now!

Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We Are Aussie Bast**ds Now!

According to our Aussie mates who came to our ceremony yesterday we will now be referred to as ya Aussie Bast**ds.
Nice touch though: Our mate brought us a bag of "Australian culture" now that we are officially Australian. First the Aussie "slouch" hat came out followed by a can of Emu beer [we made an exception as she's from Perth] then the stubbie holder, then the meat pie complete with tomato sauce, next came the thongs, proper double plugger dancing ones, followed by numerous other little bits of Austr5aliana that we have began to take for granted.
I think the lady Mayoress that conducted the ceremony was quite impressed with the whole package, she presented our certificates and a couple of champagne flutes as a momento.
Highlight of the event was number one son who when asked to take a hold of the bible for the oath pulled away his hand exclaiming "Aghh it burns!" kind of broke the ice nicely
Had an excellent day thanks to all you guys who turned up and stayed respectably sober until the officials left

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 30th 2008 at 7:04 am.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:00 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Are Aussie Bast**ds Now!

mate ,i also look a bit similar to you....flippin hell mate does yours itch...i have never had it so long that i could pull it before...

congratulations....

ast.........
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations The Cresta's
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
According to our Aussie mates who came to our ceremony yesterday we will now be referred to as ya Aussie Bast**ds.
Nice touch though: Our mate brought us a bag of "Australian culture" now that we are officially Australian. First the Aussie "slouch" hat came out followed by a can of Emu beer [we made an exception as she's from Perth] then the stubbie holder, then the meat pie complete with tomato sauce, next came the thongs, proper double plugger dancing ones, followed by numerous other little bits of Austr5aliana that we have began to take for granted.
I think the lady Mayoress that conducted the ceremony was quite impressed with the whole package, she presented our certificates and a couple of champagne flutes as a momento.
Highlight of the event was number one son who when asked to take a hold of the bible for the oath pulled away his hand exclaiming "Aghh it burns!" kind of broke the ice nicely
Had an excellent day thanks to all you guys who turned up and stayed respectably sober until the officials left
Congrats all of you!
Trust Number One Son to liven up the proceedings
Did you get your beard trimmed specially, Sean?

Best wishes from us and all the family, who were very entertained by your Aussie-isms ....next time you have a 12 year old pommie lass to stay remember she will be surprised if you talk about wearing your thongs on your feet Good thing she stopped laughing in time to learn how to cook the bbq!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:04 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Sean. Congratulations.

You sound like you enjoyed the day so all's well eh.

BTW can I just call you bast**d for short ?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

"Aghh it burns!"

Congrats.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore

Congrats.
Congratulations Cresta family!!!

Never seen you before... nice shirt!

Loved your son's reaction... classic irreverence. Tell him to keep it up.

Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

From one aussie bastard to another ... congratulations ...
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant I think I'd like your son Sounds like you had a great day.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:56 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you on becoming Aussies
You lucky buggers
J x
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Brilliant I think I'd like your son Sounds like you had a great day.
He's a great guy actually - my nephew (2 years younger) first met him a couple of weeks ago, raved about him till they met up again, they spent the whole evening(and possibly the night) staring at various screens - playstation, pc, playstation, gameboy, playstation, etc and then swapped email addresses (while playstationing with the other hand of course!). Nephew doesn't praise eaily but he was well impressed with Cresta Junior.
Scary thing is that my sister approved of him as well, which is usually the kiss of death to teenage friendships isn't it!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:18 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Congrats all of you!
Trust Number One Son to liven up the proceedings
Did you get your beard trimmed specially, Sean?
Nope I remembered to comb it......... I even found some Christmas cake in it
I was looking at the only other photo's of me [on the Birmingham meet thread] the other day & aside from a few more grey hairs and the lack of a quiff I haven't changed that much in 5 yrs. Here's another one singing the Aussie anthem, yes I know we're feral none of us had shoes on!
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Best wishes from us and all the family, who were very entertained by your Aussie-isms ....next time you have a 12 year old pommie lass to stay remember she will be surprised if you talk about wearing your thongs on your feet Good thing she stopped laughing in time to learn how to cook the bbq!

Oh by the way the BBQ you guys had was genuine Aussie tucker, the steaks were Kangaroo the patties were Ostrich, everything else was lamb or pork, I was kidding about the Possum & the Wombat, were saving that for next time
We should have done the citizenship thing a couple of years ago when we first were able to, we've been putting it off as Deb would have liked her parents to have been here. Needs must & without citizenship we didn't have much of a say, nor could we afford the impending Uni fees.

PS Ast. you need to moisturise mate it stops the itching, once your past the 4/6 week stage it stops.

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 30th 2008 at 7:04 am.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats you Aussie Baaaastards

Last edited by biggy; Aug 20th 2007 at 12:20 am. Reason: forgot the s
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:02 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to you all xxx
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:28 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

More importantly will it improve your fishing?

Well done ya OB'd

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.